Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Panthers Tue Apr 16 730PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I wish they called up Clifford for this game, you just know Florida is gonna try and set the tone. Praying nobody gets hurt tonight.
We have other players that can handle it vs. bringing up Clifford to skate around aimlessly for 5 minutes.

Man this shits confusing. How does this game affect who we play?

If Florida wins this and Boston loses against Ottawa we get Boston.
If Boston wins at all we get Florida.

If Boston loses in OT/SO (i.e. gets one point) and Florida wins, we play Boston.

If Boston loses in regulation and Florida gets even one point, we play Boston.

If neither team gets a point it's status quo and we get Florida.

I think this is all the possibilities but I might be missing one.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I think we are soundly tougher than the Panthers. They lost some of their edge from last year and we found it. They will play us hard and be hard on the puck, but our guys can do the same and can outhit them.

I welcome either the Bruins or Panthers but would especially love to eliminate the Panthers after their flukey win last season against us

Reactions: authentic

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think we are soundly tougher than the Panthers. They lost some of their edge from last year and we found it. They will play us hard and be hard on the puck, but our guys can do the same and can outhit them.

I welcome either the Bruins or Panthers but would especially love to eliminate the Panthers after their flukey win last season against us
I don't know if that is true... I do believe we are much tougher than in past seasons. What that means remains to be seen. We may have other weaknesses that we cannot overcome, which would be somewhat ironic.

Part of the issue for this fanbase, I believe, is that our past success were with underdog type teams who were maybe not better than their opponents, but just out-hearted and out-physicaled them. Feels like we yearn for that, probably because it is the only "success" most of us have ever known.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I don't know if that is true... I do believe we are much tougher than in past seasons. What that means remains to be seen. We may have other weaknesses that we cannot overcome, which would be somewhat ironic.

Part of the issue for this fanbase, I believe, is that our past success were with underdog type teams who were maybe not better than their opponents, but just out-hearted and out-physicaled them. Feels like we yearn for that, probably because it is the only "success" most of us have ever known.
Pound-for-pound, star power wise, we’re the better team. We’re about on par physically. What we don’t have is a better goalie, and while our star power is stacked up front, their defence is better.

Mentality plays into it a lot as well. For some reason, our confidence ebbs and flows, while teams like Boston/Florida/Tampa seem to have belief, no matter the circumstance,

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

I do. We are top 3 in the league for hits/game despite being top 3 offensively and always having the puck. Have been in all of the top heaviest games in the entire NHL this year and won all three while outhitting all 3.

I am not scared of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad