Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Panthers Tue Apr 16 730PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Which goalie starts against the probable first round opponent?

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
And we are back to Matthews and Marner. The most unlikeable duo come playoff time…

Why can’t this moron keep them on seperate lines. When they inevitably get shut down like they always do, they’ll pan the camera to this idiot and he’ll be bewildered to the fact that they once again couldn’t produce

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We can assume Domi is out by those lines.
If he was going to play they would have a placeholder in his spot, not Marner.

I'd prefer they set the lines as close to Game 1 as possible.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
And we are back to Matthews and Marner. The most unlikeable duo come playoff time…

Why can’t this moron keep them on seperate lines. When they inevitably get shut down like they always do, they’ll pan the camera to this idiot and he’ll be bewildered to the fact that they once again couldn’t produce
No sense worrying about it until Game 1 starts. For all we know Domi is just getting a night off, or maybe wasn't up to practicing.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
"He's been dealing with something & he felt it was not going to effect him to play & I don't think that was necessarily the case"

What exactly is Keefe trying to say here?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Can we just rest Mccabe for the sake of it too. Why even bother playing him, even if he feels ready to go

We have a lot of depth on defense

Reactions: PromisedLand

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
"He's been dealing with something & he felt it was not going to effect him to play & I don't think that was necessarily the case"

He is essentially saying it's an injury Domi is willing to play through. Basically giving subtle assurances that this injury won't have him missing any playoff games.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If Boston wins tonight, this matchup is set for round 1. I wonder if there will be any message sending of any kind in this game with both teams knowing they will meet a few days later for game 1. OR will Paul Maurice play a skeleton crew for a lineup?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
It seems like Keefe might actually sit Brodie in game 1
Watch it turn out to be Brodie just getting a rest day.

There's too many analytics and corsi guys out there who are advocating for Brodie to play

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

He stunk last game because of the injury and never should have played.

Watch it turn out to be Brodie just getting a rest day.

There's too many analytics and corsi guys out there who are advocating for Brodie to play
That would be a good assumption. I wouldn't bet against Brodie in the lineup Game 1.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He stunk last game because of the injury and never should have played.

That would be a good assumption. I wouldn't bet against Brodie in the lineup Game 1.

Oh well, I thought Leafs were serious about winning. He costs the team goals very often, not sure why they think he is fine. He most definitely should not be in the lineup for game 1. I guess they will wait till they drop game 1 because of a Brodie bonehead play then they will pull him.

Reactions: arso40

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Has the league given any indication when the Leafs will open their playoff round? Do they stay in Florida and wait to see where they play?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If Boston wins tonight, this matchup is set for round 1. I wonder if there will be any message sending of any kind in this game with both teams knowing they will meet a few days later for game 1. OR will Paul Maurice play a skeleton crew for a lineup?
Why would Florida want to play Tampa? Fans would like to see it, but would Maurice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad