Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Panthers Tue Apr 16 730PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If Jarnkrok and McMann aren't back for game 1 our third line is gonna be cooked
Sounded like McMann injury might keep him out, which opens the door for Robbie. Would be nice to get Krok back.

I realize this is ridiculous, but I would start Jones vs Florida and Woll vs Tampa.
Agreed, tell Sammy to take the week off and perform the same reset he did the last time he had shambles in his head.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Marner feeding Matthews for his 70th is what I want to see , don't see the problem with it some have.

Samsonov had a good last two periods against the Wings. If he cannot get shelled in his last start that would be optimal for his head space heading into game 1. We need him to stand on his head if we have any chance of advancing.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I realize this is ridiculous, but I would start Jones vs Florida and Woll vs Tampa.
yea I agree, I don't really want to have our starter in against them and have him get blown the f*** out. If that happens I wouldn't even bother putting samsonov in net for game 1, he'd be mentally broken. We need to save him for when the playoffs start and our team hopefully cares to also play defence infront of him consistently

I remember we did the same thing in 21-22 against tampa and played Kallgren over Campbell...that score wasn't pretty but at least it wasn't campbell in net

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yes, this was confirmed some time ago by one of the beat writers. Regardless if they stay in Florida or have to travel to Boston, they are not returning home until after game 2.
If Boston wins tonight Leafs are locked in to the Panthers?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I don't think this is ridiculous at all .. to me it is da smart play .. there is a chance all be it tiny that Jones may play in playoffs and he needs to feel some game action pucks again .. either Florida or Tampa he needs to get a game in .. Sammy needs a nice reset this week for his mental health challenges as he has been playing a lot .. due to back to back then Woll gets other game .. last thing we need is to start Sammy against Cats and he has a bad game .. basically we then have to start Woll in game 1 .. this is not smart coaching 101 .. i think Keefer will be well advised if he can't figure it out on his own

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
There's no guarantee for a Saturday night start because ESPN is the one who have the final say.
Wont they know by Wednesday? Hopefully TNT has the Leafs series.

They better not start Sunday afternoon.
Saturday night is best, but Sunday afternoon is better than Saturday afternoon or Sunday night. .

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
FLA - Woll
TB - Murray

Gm1 : ……Murray.

*he’s been fine for a while, just needs to get up to speed.

Imagine that arc , if he returned to form. Haha

It’ll be Sammy though, unless he completely looks outa sorts this week

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
FLA - Woll
TB - Murray

Gm1 : ……Murray.

*he’s been fine for a while, just needs to get up to speed.

Imagine that arc , if he returned to form. Haha

It’ll be Sammy though, unless he completely looks outa sorts this week

We wouldn't have cap space to play Murray before the season being over.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

The Florida Panthers are awaiting the result of Monday's matchup between the Boston Bruins and Washington Capitals before making decisions on their lineup for Tuesday's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Panthers head coach Paul Maurice said a full lineup will dress if the Panthers still have a chance at first place in the Atlantic Division on Tuesday. If not, two-to-three players could be rested against Toronto.
While Ilya Samsonov is expected to start in the playoffs, Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe confirmed Monday that Joseph Woll will start against the Panthers in Tuesday's game. Toronto will be without wingers Bobby McMann and Max Domi due to injuries on Tuesday, with McMann also ruled out already for Wednesday's game.

Woll is starting tomorrow.

Last edited:

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
It'll be a night game. Leafs only get bumped to afternoon if there are not enough American teams still playing.
We don't even know which team will play the Leafs, plus NBA playoffs also starts on the same day, TD Garden and MSG will be busy hosting all those games.

Like I said ESPN will have the final say on scheduling.

Reactions: torontoblood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad