Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose Rematch to the Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Will be interesting to see, after the playoffs are over, which team had the greatest drop in goals per game from the regular season to the playoffs... If I am not mistaken, our drop is always the or close to the most significant.
I think it will be more of the same oh same oh. I believe we outscored our 1st round opponent twice in the past 6 but lost. Our D is bad, now whether that is goal, defence, or lack of forward help, I can’t say but I know we will let in a lot.

Reactions: wingman75

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Well, our Leafs will have to win all three road games and win at least one game at home.

The way they played D, and in goal, tonight, we get swept IMHO.
Yeah not winning a game would be embarrassing, I’d expect at least 2 wins.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Boys have been on a good run but we just didn't have it tonight

Goaltending, special teams sank us which sucks but looking at things positively maybe a good ass kicking will help the boys focus as we go into the playoffs

Home ice always seemed like a pipe dream and I like us better away from home if I'm being honest

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Sammy had a bad one. 6 off of 20, yikes.
Willy, JT and Mitch looked quite dangerous.
JT looked to be skating better than I've seen in awhile.
Liljegren is missed. I liked him with Edmundson.
I get what Domi was doing, and I'm ok with it, but it does have ripple effects.
PK: when your goalie isn't your best PKer, it's going to be a long night...but still.
PP: I got nothin.
AM: 2 to go with 3 to play, this is freakin special to watch.

Reactions: arso40

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I missed the game, but noticed Nylander had 0 points. How was he looking tonight? He might choke away getting 100 points this season.

Pretty much the same Nylander of the last 5 games or so. He looked nonchalant for most of the night. Although to be fair, he did have some grade A chances to score.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Well, our Leafs will have to win all three road games and win at least one game at home.

The way they played D, and in goal tonight, we get swept IMHO.

I really don't believe this is a preview of what we'll see in the playoffs but it's still going to be a problem.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
marner willy and JT need to figure out how to be worth there payccheck.

Sammy will be better i get why we didnt pull him its fine. Give him the confidence that we trsut him.

And lets be honest not like home ice is huge for us lol.

End of the day its always what this entire team has been about the past 7 years.

Come playoff time will the big guns show up or not.

Because 0.8 ppg aint gna cut it. Take a look at drai or mcd or kuch's performance in the playoffs. Then look at our big guns.

Next season we can figure out the defense and go from there. For now the big guns need to come through and that will be enough for a second or third round success.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I get it. Leafs fans look at one loss and think the sky is falling. A bad game doesn't change what I think they will do in the playoffs.
I don't think the sky is falling over this loss, I think citing issues in a series with Carolina is rather foolish on April 11th given the task ahead.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Lot of frustrating moments.
  • Giving up equalizer immediately after opening the scoring
  • Robertson disallowed goal that would have given us the lead
  • Allowing NJ to tie with 11 seconds left in the second
  • Squandering multi-goal games from Tavares and Matthews
  • Giving up the go-ahead goal immediately after tying the game late in the third
  • Couldn't get a save and almost every decent chance against went in
All adds up to losing what was a winnable game and the chance to control our own destiny for home ice. Argh!

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don't think the sky is falling over this loss, I think citing issues in a series with Carolina is rather foolish on April 11th given the task ahead.
It was more in contrast to Florida and Boston. Florida is top 10 in both PP and PK, but Carolina is top 2 in both. Whoever plays them is going to lose the special teams battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad