Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose Rematch to the Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I guess it's only fitting that the same thing that has cost us 1st in our division the first half of the season costs us home ice most likely after playing unreal the last few months.

Reactions: notdoneyet

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am not going to blame Sammy, he can only do so much. I am going to blame the dumb ass coach, and Brodie who is trash. Brodie shouldn't the ice in the playoffs, but of course Keefe will over play him. I am also not sold on Edmundson. I know that was his first game in a bit, and he is nursing something, but he is not that good.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Pretty bad stuff from the D on a few of those goals but Sammy has to have at least 3 of those 6.

The other 3 were all on the PK and we're giving up the blueline like Pinkman giving out crystal. It's just free all day every day. Meanwhile we take 30 seconds to setup and enter every time on our PP's. It's baffling.

Whatever, hopefully some lessons were learned (lol) and we got 2 Auston G's. Onto Saturday.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Atrocious special teams.
Off night from Sammy.
Marner trying to dance instead of being hard on pucks.
Willie floating.
Domi unnecessary fight killed the chemistry he had going with AM all game.
Brodie Brodi-ing.

At least AM had a couple.

Reactions: rumman

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I was going to ask what went wrong but the first few posts explained it all

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
It would be great if we could get above .700 goaltending in a game when we're chasing home ice. Also these last 3 games better be spent figuring out our powerplay and penalty kill. Try something different for f***s sake.

Reactions: notdoneyet

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
It is frightening that Keefe has no idea what the lines are going to be and it's game 79.
It's like this every year with Sheldon.

We'll be fine. Glad we start on the road tbh. These guys need to exorcize their demons the hardest way possible.

Hopefully Matty gets his 70th against Detroit and then can rest.

Marner needs to get his mojo back as does Nylander. They weren't bad tonight but they are normally so much better.

I think Liljegren back in for Brodie and we're all set on the back end.

Reactions: arso40

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I am not going to blame Sammy, he can only do so much. I am going to blame the dumb ass coach, and Brodie who is trash. Brodie shouldn't the ice in the playoffs, but of course Keefe will over play him. I am also not sold on Edmundson. I know that was his first game in a bit, and he is nursing something, but he is not that good.
Gio had a primary assist. For NJ.

• Haha
Reactions: rumman

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Matthews - Domi - Bert Legit top line.

Only Leafs cant stick up for players and get 15 Minute penalty JFC.

Bruins, Florida, Colorado and NYR with Rempe do it all game long and its just a penalty.
Another LEAFS Tax JFC.
USA bias league. Cant have the leafs be tough and score goals oooooooo nooooooo
Lets give Utah a hockey team even though Arizona failed.
pfffffttt

But hey, Our PP is absolute peewee level going into the playoffs... This is a joke, who the hell is coaching our PP?

Marner with the dipsy doodle plays again is a reminder of why we dont that on a team.
Lazy D effort overall, its a nothing burger game for em other than getting Papis 69

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Not really concerned about Samsonov. Bit of an odd game. But the defensive play and special teams... hooboy.

If I could, I would bet money the special teams will be the reason this team loses a playoff series. Just pathetic on both sides.
This is where a series against Carolina presents an issue. Best special teams in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad