Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose Rematch to the Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Pelley is a sportsfan .as a CEO that knows sports and knows sports people worldwide ,frankly he may be the first since leiwieki that cares
And his personality, just by being transparent makes 1 think he ll be fair
But an embarrassing showing in the playoffs
I predict at least 3 major changes
What are the 3?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Pelley is a sportsfan .as a CEO that knows sports and knows sports people worldwide ,frankly he may be the first since leiwieki that cares
And his personality, just by being transparent makes 1 think he ll be fair
But an embarrassing showing in the playoffs
I predict at least 3 major changes

He may not need to whip out the guillotine or the axe, but regardless I hope he surgically removes Keefe. Some of the most frustrating coaching decisions I have ever seen. First we were getting labeled with bench infractions, now our special teams is a mess. You wrap all that up with the pretty noose of his inability to adapt ingame/in PO series when other coaches flip the script on him.

Just going to leave it there.

Reactions: hullsy47

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I believe that line has a chance to be really good.

I just can't think of what the third and fourth line become.

Between McMann, Jarnkrok, Kamph, Dewar, Reaves, Holmberg, Robertson and Knies, who slots where and who is in the box?
Holmberg McMann Knies
Kampf Dewar Reaves

I’m not that jazzed about Jarnkrok’s return, he was useless last playoff and has never done anything post season his entire career. With Dewar and McMann emerging on the PK, he isn’t the necessity we think he is, but I know Keefe loves him to death so…

Reactions: IPS and Jojalu

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Nylander has looked abysmal for some time now.

He's back to the lazy player of yesteryear instead of the hungry player he was most of this season.

It's really frustrating watching him glide around out there.

Case in point, 30 seconds left and NJ clears the puck down the ice. Nylander saunters back to collect the puck behind the net and skates it up the ice.

Idk about you guys, but I've never seen a player skate faster than a puck can be passed up the ice.

Just lack of hustle out there all night long.

Luckily only 8 more years.. Nylander on the PK is a tragedy as well.

Reactions: rumman and ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We're going to have to come to the realization that Keefe isn't that smart, our D isn't that improved and our goalies are shaky at best. But other than that

"We want Florida"
Bruins @ Pitt, @ Wash, Sens
Florida Sabres, Leafs

Panthers one point behind still have a shot of winning the division if Bruins stumble.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
once again, people need to relax about any of the outcomes over the next few games.

Absolutely, special teams is an area of concern. I'm not too concerned about if we're winning these last few games. I do think the Leafs match up better with the Panthers so I do hope we don't get overtaken by Tampa.

Reactions: bax

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
once again, people need to relax about any of the outcomes over the next few games.

Absolutely, special teams is an area of concern. I'm not too concerned about if we're winning these last few games. I do think the Leafs match up better with the Panthers so I do hope we don't get overtaken by Tampa.
Tampa would have to win their last 3 games and Leafs lose their last 3 to overtake the Leafs. Panthers can also overtake Boston. Both teams are poison. They can beat either if they come to pay. My fear is 16 and 88 will bring their shinny games.

Reactions: bax

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada

It seems more likely to me at this point that Florida overtakes Boston. I can’t imagine the leafs losing 4 in a row to end the season and Tampa overtaking them. I agree I’d rather play Florida in round one.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Liljegren can’t get back soon enough. Getting real concerned he’s just injury prone though given these past two seasons he’s been derailed by constant injuries.
Leafs had better move on next season from the likes of Lilly, Gio, Brodie or they’ll never have a real chance at a cup………

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I'd be surprised if they destroy Detroit. They're playing for the last playoff spot and will likely throw everything they have at the Leafs.
The only thing I would predict about the game on Saturday is that it will probably be on the higher-scoring side, and Matthews will score two for 70.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yucky game. Not really the one you want with 4 left, you want to see dialled in. But whatever. Trap game trapped.

They are going to destroy Detroit Saturday, book it.

I didn’t like getting beat by Jesper Bratt late like that. Not so much that I disrespect him as a player, but the will to compete should have been snuffed out early enough that a skilled waterbug should have been pushed out of the game long ago by then and not dancing and driving the net. Edmundson got beat.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs had better move on next season from the likes of Lilly, Gio, Brodie or they’ll never have a real chance at a cup………

A blueline is only 6 bodies playing most nights, so the sooner you move on from the middling group of neither offensive nor offensive defensemen you’ll probably be able to establish way more of a character.

And by that I don’t mean 5 knuckle draggers and Rielly but a blend of 3 Bigs, Rielly, and some combination of better puck movers. You can even go small a la Sam Girard and not worry about it he’s LHD or will look small beside a Liljegren. Because you’ll have a better mix and baseline of all ingredients and handedness.

Reactions: rumman and 1specter

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I didn’t like getting beat by Jesper Bratt late like that. Not so much that I disrespect him as a player, but the will to compete should have been snuffed out early enough that a skilled waterbug should have been pushed out of the game long ago by then and not dancing and driving the net. Edmundson got beat.
Bratt has turned into a bit of a Leaf killer. He has 14 pts in his last 11 games against us, dating back to 2019.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Bratt has turned into a bit of a Leaf killer. He has 14 pts in his last 11 games against us, dating back to 2019.

Ideally the Leafs should have been a Bratt killer during the game. Not that we’re the Bay Street Bullies but there’s no way NJD should have hung around that late.

Reactions: 1specter

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Feels like marner, nylander and especially tavares are actively not trying to pass to matthews. Like they want to score themselves.
Tavares hardly ever passes if he's within shooting distance. Nylander was only on the ice with him on the PP, and passed several times. Marner had a small amount of ES time, but I think his timing is still a bit off.

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence."

• Wow
Reactions: Egghead1999

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Luckily only 8 more years.. Nylander on the PK is a tragedy as well.
And yet he's allowed goals on the PK at a lower rate than Jarnkrok, Marner, and Kampf. Of the PKers with over 60 minutes, only Gregor has a better PP GA/60.

Plus he has half the team's shorthanded goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad