GDT: Leafs @ Kraken 9pm SNO Jan. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

"The Seattle Kraken will ice a makeshift lineup tonight at Climate Pledge Arena against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Injuries, illnesses, and a suspension to Yanni Gourde necessitated replacements in some slots, and familiar faces in unfamiliar roles."

"The Kraken injured and/or ill include defenseman Vince Dunn, goalie Philipp Grubauer, and forwards Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Kailer Yamamoto, and Matty Beniers.

Others not at 100% will still suit up, but for sure the Kraken will be short two centers, Beniers and Gourde. That places Jared McCann, Tye Kartye, and Devin Shore centering three of the Kraken lines."

Looks like an easy 2 points for the Leafs tonight.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
"The Seattle Kraken will ice a makeshift lineup tonight at Climate Pledge Arena against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Injuries, illnesses, and a suspension to Yanni Gourde necessitated replacements in some slots, and familiar faces in unfamiliar roles."

setting up the Keefe firing perfectly. Should be an embarassement when tired and slow legs meet players playing their sc game 7.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

"The Kraken injured and/or ill include defenseman Vince Dunn, goalie Philipp Grubauer, and forwards Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Kailer Yamamoto, and Matty Beniers.

Others not at 100% will still suit up, but for sure the Kraken will be short two centers, Beniers and Gourde. That places Jared McCann, Tye Kartye, and Devin Shore centering three of the Kraken lines."

Key words “looks like”.

We’re talking about a team that lost to a Zamboni driver here.

Reactions: rumman

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Honestly I'm hoping this team goes on a heater and Keefe gets one more chance to build on his series win over TB last season. If Woll gets healthy and our depth stops playing like scrubs anything can happen.

I'd also like to see how Tre's "built for the playoffs" team fares at least once in an actual playoffs. If it's business as usual, then I'm all for getting rid of management from the top to the bottom.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
If they are talking to another big coach... one has to think that coach is not signing on without some assurances, there will be an upgrade on D. If that is not in the plans, ride it out with Keefe and hire in the off season.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
If they are talking to another big coach... one has to think that coach is not signing on without some assurances, there will be an upgrade on D. If that is not in the plans, ride it out with Keefe and hire in the off season.
He'll get the same marshmallow team and a couple extra million to stfu about it.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021

You mean automatic loss, right?

• Haha
Reactions: BallardEra

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's about the same age as Gio isn't he?

I mean he is actually. 44 vs 40.

Giordano is a real dinosaur. He's a late 1983 born so he would have been in the 2002 draft with Matt Stajan and Alex Steen. He's 2 years older than Dion Phaneuf who was on his last leg 5 years ago. He really shouldn't be out there anymore. I don't know why this was seen to be a good idea in 2022, why we couldn't have acquired a young 32 year old to play a number 5 role...

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
can we go one thread without bringing up David Clarkson or the Zamboni driver?

edit:
We’re talking about a team that lost to a Zamboni driver here.
death stare.gif

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Reavo wants to play!:

Half of Reaves’ job was to lay hits, inject intimidation, and wear down the opposition in the O-zone. The other half was to liven the dressing-room culture, to let his swagger infect others, to play dressing-room DJ and pump up the fellas.

When the Maple Leafs win these days, someone in the room cues up an old G-Unit banger, “I Like the Way She Do It,” to celebrate at full volume. Reaves didn’t pick the song.

“Wasn’t me,” he says. “Good track, though.”

Last edited:

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Man does this team need a win, in any way they can get it

Things are going to get really noisy if they don't
I’m feeling confident in tonight’s game. That doesn’t happen often enough anymore.

Reactions: Kiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad