Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I suspect Silov will be in net for game 3. He played well, one of the better Canucks on the night. Is there anyone that might take Cole's spot for Vancouver?

Reactions: HockeyWooot

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Big game from Skinner in game 2! Only let in one goal from the goal line (instead of 4) and didn't score on himself at all.

Ian Cole still working on that last part.
3rd goal seemed to rattle Skinner. Looked really shaky on every shot after that, but luckily Edmonton didn't even let the Canucks have an F quality chance in the 3rd/OT. Hopefully he can get it together for game 3.

Reactions: Macheteops

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I thought Draisaitl had cramps? Those are terrible, they come every month, but it does explain why he's so pissy sometimes.

In game 80 Oilers really wanted to beat the Canucks without MacDavid, but they got absolutely manhandled physically. Until they have a response physically against Joshua, Myers, Z, Soucy, they will be in tough by game 6/7.
The response for Myers was letting him hurt himself while boarding someone.
nHw17g.gif

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
I suspect Silov will be in net for game 3. He played well, one of the better Canucks on the night. Is there anyone that might take Cole's spot for Vancouver?
There's Juulsen but he was less than impressive in his short stint round 1.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
There's Juulsen but he was less than impressive in his short stint round 1.
You guys can have Ceci if you want. He's confused most of the time anyways he probably wouldn't notice anything was wrong.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
3rd goal seemed to rattle Skinner. Looked really shaky on every shot after that, but luckily Edmonton didn't even let the Canucks have an F quality chance in the 3rd/OT. Hopefully he can get it together for game 3.
I find it nearly impossible that Oilers can win 11 more games with him in net

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Oilers deserved the win but they got away with a lot of cheap stuff and stick infractions this game; blatant slashes, stick infractions, boarding checks from behind, obvious high stick double minor all uncalled or missed. The Oilers play on the edge and cross the line because they excel in special teams, they welcome a special teams battle and know if they get a couple penalties they’ll get an even up call. I don’t care if the power-plays are 6-1 in favour of Vancouver, call the game the way it’s supposed to be called, brutal reffing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tobias Kahun

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oilers deserved the win, they were the better team tonight. The Oilers got away with a lot of cheap stuff and stick infractions this game; blatant slashes, stick infractions, boarding checks from behind, high stick double minor all uncalled or missed. The Oilers play on the edge and cross the line because they excel in special teams, they welcome a special teams battle and know if they get a couple penalties they’ll get an even up call, but that’s BS, I don’t care if the power-plays are 6-1 in favour of one team, call the game the way it’s supposed to be called, brutal reffing.
Canucks have been just as guilty through 2 games. The refs letting them play heavily favours Vancouver.

Also penalty count doesn't matter, score does. Game was close tonight so they weren't calling things, whereas when it was 4-1 in game 1 the refs fabricated a couple of PPs for Vancouver. Is what it is, unfortunately. Been that way for as long as I can remember.

Reactions: soothsayer

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Oilers were the better 3rd period team, but I think even Oilers fans can probably admit that us Canucks fans predicting Kelly Sutherland would be horrible tonight was pretty funny after seeing McDavid get away with a 4-minute high stick, some no name spearing Hoglander in the balls, and Kane slew footing Hughes.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Oilers deserved the win, they were the better team tonight. The Oilers got away with a lot of cheap stuff and stick infractions this game; blatant slashes, stick infractions, boarding checks from behind, high stick double minor all uncalled or missed. The Oilers play on the edge and cross the line because they excel in special teams, they welcome a special teams battle and know if they get a couple penalties they’ll get an even up call, but that’s BS, I don’t care if the power-plays are 6-1 in favour of one team, call the game the way it’s supposed to be called, brutal reffing.

Coaches should be able to challenge for non calls. Especially if it draws blood like that.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Oilers were the better 3rd period team, but I think even Oilers fans can probably admit that us Canucks fans predicting Kelly Sutherland would be horrible tonight was pretty funny after seeing McDavid get away with a 4-minute high stick, some no name spearing Hoglander in the balls, and Kane slew footing Hughes.
Ryan got a penalty for the shot on Hoglander. Sutherland was indeed terrible, but he's an equal opportunity moron.

Reactions: PuckG

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
yeah no, refs let Canuck dives go all over the ice all game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad