Leafs have 10 players with 40pts or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Just like the "Leafs only got in the playoffs last year because they were healthy" arguments. :rolleyes:

Always some kind of excuse with you people- rather than acknowledging that yes, they were the best team in the league in terms of scoring depth- you have to put that achievement down and chalk it up to other teams' inability to stay healthy.
The excuses are getting sad. That's why I bumped up my thread yesterday about their health being overhyped.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
My point is that one can't say that they're much better than anyone else, if the others all missed a ton of men games.

If that's your point, then I don't think it's worth discussing this with you anymore. That has to be some of the most asinine logic I have ever seen on these boards and I have been here since 2001.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Just like the "Leafs only got in the playoffs last year because they were healthy" arguments. :rolleyes:

Always some kind of excuse with you people- rather than acknowledging that yes, they were the best team in the league in terms of scoring depth- you have to put that achievement down and chalk it up to other teams' inability to stay healthy.
"You people"?

Tally up production in regards to men games and let's see how they stack up. Last time I did that, the Leafs weren't even top 5.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
So then you agree that the Leafs are unique in being the only team to accomplish this, great! Moving on from the Bruins now please
I agree that the Leafs are the team - among the top 6-7 teams - who had the least injuries and all their stats were helped greatly by that.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
If that's your point, then I don't think it's worth discussing this with you anymore. That has to be some of the most asinine logic I have ever seen on these boards and I have been here since 2001.

So, according to you, personal points production is not affected by how many games players play. That is what you describe as "asinine".

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Only because other teams have had lots of injuries, otherwise they wouldn't have been the only team. Which was my - and other posters' - original statement.

You do realize that injuries have also helped players on your team get more points right? When a player moves up the lineup they also can pick up more points then they would had they stayed in their current role.

Reactions: ThewThew and bionic

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
How are people going to handle it when the Leafs are even better next year? I worry about people on here.

HF: "Without JVR and Bozak they are a 2 line team with the same terrible defense"

Proceeds to finish another 100+ season at season's end.

HF "Who cares look at the Bruins!"

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You do realize that injuries have also helped players on your team get more points right? When a player moves up the lineup they also can pick up more points then they would had they stayed in their current role.
Of course. And that is the point I was telling people in the AhoVs Marner thread who said Aho is better with more TOI and worse stats because his team is worse. Wait what?
If your team is bad or has injuries, everyone can get bumped up and achieve more points than on a team you have to fight ice-time for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad