Leafs have 10 players with 40pts or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
You mean the president's trophy winning preds

I'll take scoring depth over 1 or 2 high scorers anyday

Exactly. The Bruins, for example, have only three players with 20+ goals(they in fact, have 30+ and are all on one line). The Leafs have six, including three 30+ goal guys.

Just shut down their top line, and who does the scoring for them? No one, it seems.

:)

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Exactly. The Bruins, for example, have only three players with 20+ goals(they in fact, have 30+ and are all on one line). The Leafs have six, including three 30+ goal guys.

Just shut down their top line, and who does the scoring for them? No one, it seems.

they're also a very fragile team I hear. apparently injuries really hold them back.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod

Yeah just shut down that one line and bruins cant do anything that must be why their record is so bad. wait its actually a better record than the leafs.

Well surely that one dominant line played almost all the games to carry them to that record. Oh wait Marchand and Bergeron missed 32 games combined.

How did this team win then? Oh depth right. Sorry if the leafs depth was so amazing they wouldn't be third in the division.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Yeah just shut down that one line and bruins cant do anything that must be why their record is so bad. wait its actually a better record than the leafs.

Well surely that one dominant line played almost all the games to carry them to that record. Oh wait Marchand and Bergeron missed 32 games combined.

How did this team win then? Oh depth right. Sorry if the leafs depth was so amazing they wouldn't be third in the division.

That was the regular season. Means nothing in the post season. You're living in the past, man. Leafs depth & durability will sure come in handy!!

Boston.......well, you had a good regular season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think their offensive depth bodes quite well for the playoffs. How do you stop all 4 lines?

I also think Rielly and Gardiner can also play a huge role in the playoffs. While not forwards, they contribute greatly to the offensive depth of the team. I believe they are, along with Nashville, the only team to have two 50 point scoring defencemen.

Dumba (50p) and Suter (51p) for the Wild.

Team health (as said by others) has a lot to do with with having so many players getting "x" number of points.

Reactions: BayStreetBully

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Tampa has 8, not counting Namestnikov or Miller - Namestnikov had over 40 when traded and Miller has over 40 on the season - so I guess we can call that 9?

Reactions: zeke

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I get the feeling that Rick Nash would have hit 40 as well if he hadn't been injured. Who knows though. The top 3 in the Atlantic are all deep.

The Leafs also have 6? 20+ goal scorers while the Bruins have 12 players who are double digit goal scorers. They are deep.

nash hasn't hit 40pts in years.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Good team. Would've been better in the coming years if they got something back for Bozak and JVR. They're about to make the same mistake with Gardiner, too.

yeah if only the leafs were smart like the blues and sold every deadline.

Reactions: Raging Bull

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
nash hasn't hit 40pts in years.

Bruins have 8 players with 40 points or more. Then there's Backes with 32 in 56 games and McAvoy with 32 in 62 games. Have them not miss 20/25 games and one has that magic "10 players above 40 points" stat.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax

The Leafs and Andersen have certainly figured out how to shut down the Bruins the last couple of seasons.

7-1 record against the Bruins the last 2 years. I believe Andersen has a 10-1 career record against them.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Good team. Would've been better in the coming years if they got something back for Bozak and JVR. They're about to make the same mistake with Gardiner, too.
I honestly don't get comments like this. You are saying a team that has been a lock for the playoffs all year should have traded all their UFAs and purposely made their team worse. What kind of message does that send to the team that's worked hard all year? The Leafs competitors gave up a lot of future assets to get better(Or try). But the Leafs should get worse and give up?
Notice how it is the non-playoffs teams trading their UFAs for futures and not playoff teams?
I never see this argument about any other team that made the playoffs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
BTW, before the season started there was talk on here when Leaf fans mentioned the Leafs having the best depth in the NHL of them terribly overrating their team and getting laughed at.Another case of Leaf fans in fact not overrating their players and being correct.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
That's cool. Then again, no one on their team has 70 points.
And what does that matter? All their players get less TOI than other players of their ilk and Matthews it was only due to an injury.
Great depth is great depth. It does not matter what the highest scorer got.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Why must you highjack every thread and turn it into a Bruins discussion?

If one presents a stat and mentions how that stat is so unique and much better than anyone else, he should be expected to be challenged on that assertion. The only way to challenge a team stat is to present numbers about other teams.
:teach:

You conveniently forgot to note that mentioned the Bruins, Tampa and Nashville, by the way. Why did you choose to ignore that?

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
And what does that matter? All their players get less TOI than other players of their ilk and Matthews it was only due to an injury.
Great depth is great depth. It does not matter what the highest scorer got.

The Leafs are the only team in the league with three 30+ goal scorers on three different lines. Total team effort.

Ridiculous depth, ridiculous speed and an absolutely amazing PP that is clicking at the right time. Both units are dangerous right now.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The Leafs are the only team in the league with three 30+ goal scorers on three different lines. Total team effort.

Ridiculous depth, ridiculous speed and an absolutely amazing PP that is clicking at the right time. Both units are dangerous right now.
And yesterday I was told Kapanen was not proven and nothing special. What team has a guy with the speed and skill on the 4th line as Kapanen? It was ridiculous reading the knocks on him.
Leaf players=underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad