Leafs have 10 players with 40pts or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Every single Leafs thread is somehow hijacked into a Bruins discussion by this guy.

So, you mean that when someone says that the Leafs did something better than anyone else, one can only agree with that? If that's the case, I think this thread belongs to the Leafs board...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
thanks for showing us the leafs aren't the only team with 10 40pt scorers.

oh wait, they are.

Pssh, the Leafs are only good because they import Vibranium from Wakanda. Without their superior technology to heal players and keep them healthy they are all shit.

Did you see that sophomore slump that Nylander, Marner and Matthews hit? Would have been even worse if not for the vibranium.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
So, you mean that when someone says that the Leafs did something better than anyone else, one can only agree with that? If that's the case, I think this thread belongs to the Leafs board...

Dude, the Leafs are the only team with 10 players to score 40 points. They are better than every other team in that regard- do not move the goal posts to include the Bruins in this discussion.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
What's with all this Leafs/Bruins talk? Bruins beat Florida today. It's Leafs/Tampa. Boston/Jersey.

In the playoffs, fourth lines play less. Teams are actually rested, there is less travel, at least one day between games. Teams will be riding there top two lines.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto

oh wait, they are.

Undeniably a tremendous feat by an up and coming team. Depth is so important in today’s NHL. The Leafs are very fortunate to have ten, 10! 40 point scorers.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

oh wait, they are.

Only because other teams have had lots of injuries, otherwise they wouldn't have been the only team. Which was my - and other posters' - original statement.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
What's with all this Leafs/Bruins talk? Bruins beat Florida today. It's Leafs/Tampa. Boston/Jersey.

In the playoffs, fourth lines play less. Teams are actually rested, there is less travel, at least one day between games. Teams will be riding there top two lines.
In an OT, the 4th line becomes very important. They'll still play and contribute.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Only because other teams have had lots of injuries, otherwise they wouldn't have been the only team. Which was my - and other posters' - original statement.

Which is meaningless, of course. The FACT is, that the Leafs ARE the only team with 10x 40-point players. Done deal. Not our fault that we are stacked with young, talented, durable players and you have older, injury-prone players.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Dude, the Leafs are the only team with 10 players to score 40 points. They are better than every other team in that regard- do not move the goal posts to include the Bruins in this discussion.
No, they're not better than Bruins, Predators and Lightnings in that aspect. It's just that they had much less injuries.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015

Just like the "Leafs only got in the playoffs last year because they were healthy" arguments. :rolleyes:

Always some kind of excuse with you people- rather than acknowledging that yes, they were the best team in the league in terms of scoring depth- you have to put that achievement down and chalk it up to other teams' inability to stay healthy.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
And my uncle would be my aunt if he had XX chromosomes instead of XY. What’s your point?
My point is that one can't say that they're much better than anyone else, if the others all missed a ton of men games.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
HF cannot give the Leafs any credit, even when all the facts are presented to them.
Is it because you guys feel bad for laughing at Leaf fans about the statements before the season that the Leafs had the best depth?
Leaf fans overate their players so much. LOL. How many times can you be wrong and keep saying that?

Reactions: BayStreetBully

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
So then you agree that the Leafs are unique in being the only team to accomplish this, great! Moving on from the Bruins now please

Reactions: BayStreetBully

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leafs wouldn't be the only team with 10 40 point scorers if other teams also had 10 40 point scorers, this is correct.

The Leafs would also not be a very healthy team if they were injured. His points are all correct. What is he doing on HFBoards? With that kind of insight, LVGA should be a GM.

I just hope the Leafs share their vibranium with other teams, it’s not fair that they are so lucky with injuries. If they had injuries, they are worse than the Sabres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad