Rielly - Lyubushkin
McCabe - Edmundson
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit
please god dont put Tavares with Nylander

Reactions: PromisedLand

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Interesting Benoit is coming out of the lineup for Edmundson. The battle for the 5 and 6 spots could be between those 2 and Lilly. Despite Lilly's game being in a bad place right now, he's still in the mix. He still has a chance to rectify this.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
please god dont put Tavares with Nylander

I prefer Nylander with Tavares than with Domi. But you could get away with the same lines and just shaking up the LWers.

But Marner is day to day anyway.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Interesting Benoit is coming out of the lineup for Edmundson. The battle for the 5 and 6 spots could be between those 2 and Lilly.

Benoit played well and a lot over the last couple months but showed a lot of cracks in his defensive game. He could probably use a break to re-assess anyway.

Marner is also day to day.

Reactions: stickty111

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I do like seeing Domi on the wing again and I really like Knies playing lower in the lineup in a lesser demanding role.

If Marner is out for a few games, it would be a good time to give Robertson some good offensive minutes in a top 6 role though. I hope he gets in the lineup soon.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Heavy game in bottom 6, little scoring.
Maybe Knies will take the challenge and drive a line. Holmberg and McMann need to provide a little offense.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Will hurt without marner.

It is a top 10 team with marner, maybe a top 15-20 without him?

I expect they'll lose.

Brodie be continuing his Holl interpretation tonight?
So Brodie plays and Benoit sits, sounds like incompetence is being rewarded and the player that shows the most heart game in game out is being punished, way to motivate the D Keefe…….

Reactions: ULF_55 and myleafs

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
My lines with a minor shake up:

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Marner
Jarnkrok - Tavares - Nylander
Knies - Domi - McMann
Dewar - Kampf - Gregor
Holmberg - Reaves

Rielly - Lyubushkin
McCabe - Edmundson
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit
I'm down for trying Bert on line 1 now that he's showing a pulse. Knies has really struggled to produce anything and is not yet ready to face top pairings at this stage of his career.

Switch Gregor with Holmberg, give Brodie a night off and slide Benoit in...now we're cooking.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That lineup looks so bleak without Marner.
I'm not a fan of putting all the lines in a blender because of Marner's absence. I would have kept lines 2 and 3 intact, give Robertson a shot in Marner's spot, and split up the ice time for the top 3 lines more evenly for one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad