Knies - Domi - McMann
Dewar - Kampf - Gregor
Holmberg - Reaves

Rielly - Lyubushkin
McCabe - Edmundson
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit

My boy Nylander is going to cry again :laugh:

Jokes aside I think we should start transitioning him into center tbh, while JT goes to the wall.

Reactions: arso40 and SprDaVE

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
With Dewar getting added I wonder if the team trys to make a match up line they can bury in the Dzone

You have a good start with Dewar and Kampf, throw a Jarnkrok or Gregor on the other wing and we may have something

Reactions: BayStBullies

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He's not in the AHL. He was told he'd be back up after the deadline.
Where does he play?

Crowded bottom 6 this year with Dewar being another add

Keefe refuses to give him a run in the top 6 despite good stretches

Hes treated as a secondary piece/asset and isnt talked/hyped like a Knies/Cowan/Minten type player which is why I could see him being disatisfied.

Hopefully we can find a way to get him offensive opportunities and he develops into a top 6 player. Only turning 23 in August

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Where does he play?

Hes treated as a secondary piece/asset and isnt talked/hyped like a Knies/Cowan/Minten type player which is why I could see him being disatisfied.

Hopefully we can find a way to get him offensive opportunities and he develops into a top 6 player. Only turning 23 in August

I'm not sure where he's going to play, or if he's going to play much this season. But he's not in the AHL at the moment, he was told he'd be back up with the team.

There certainly are a lot of bodies, and it will be interesting to see who ends up playing. I wouldn't worry about Robertson at this point. He's played fairly well, but we clearly need more from him. If we can't use him, we can send him to the AHL, and get him to continue to work on his game. He's still waiver eligible, it really isn't a big deal.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Where does he play?

Listen, Jason, I know he's your brother but he isn't scoring like you in Texas but he's a good player and he'll get his shot.

If not here, somewhere else for sure. Probably in St. Louis but till then he might surprise us all in the playoffs until then Cap is juggling and waiting until Martin Jones is put in the waivers for him to come up.

• Haha
Reactions: BayStBullies

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Jokes aside I think we should start transitioning him into center tbh, while JT goes to the wall.

Jarnkrok back to give it more speed and tenacity would work I think. JT is a beast around the net, so it helps for Nylander to get a little more presence to tap/tip in his plays.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Lineup:

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bertuzzi - Domi - Nylander
McMann - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Dewar - - Kampf - - Reaves
Holmberg

Rielly - Lybushkin
Benoit - McCabe
Edmundson - Liljegren
Giordano - Brodie

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Bertuzzi Matthews Nylander
Knies Domi Marner
McMann Tavares Jarnkrok
Dewar Kampf Holmberg/Reaves

Rielly Lybushkin
Brodie Liljegren
Edmundson McCabe

I get liljegren being pulled instead of benoit but I will say that liljegren has a chance to be a top 4 as we saw. If we can get him back there then that makes a massive difference. If not then you replace him for benoit

Last edited:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Probably more flu scratches tomorrow

When healthy, the lines will be interesting. Dewer’s FO are not over 50% but will probably pk with Kampf

Maybe:

Knies/Matthews/Marner
Järnkrok/Tavares/Nylander
Bert/Domi/Dewar
McMann//Kampf/(Holmberg/Reaves)

Rielly. Boosh
Benoit . McCabe
Edmundson Brodie
(Giordano. Liljegren)

????????

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Hard to get excited or even interested for a game like this when Montreal is as bad as they are.

Reactions: Fatass

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think you’re underestimating what it would cost to unload JT even after paying his signing bonus.

It would cost next to nothing to unload him with a $900k salary cost.
He is still a top 6 forward, and a center.
There are several teams that really aren't looking to win, just be somewhat respectable.

Leafs could probably even retain $3-4mm, and there'd be a line-up of teams taking him for that cash and term.

Isn't happening regardless.
Why would he bother moving for a year?

Leafs just have to construct a line-up to take advantage of all their players.

The need is a 2nd. line center, and a top defender.

And of course this is a team that should have the best coach that money can buy in hockey. That hasn't been seen for decades, and no Babcock wasn't that.

Reactions: myleafs

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021

I see why WN is considered center material, but I do not think his value is behind our net, battling for pucks in front of own net, tying up sticks, he is best used to back off the dman of our opponents get behind them. We have 2 guys like this, WN and Mitchy. Let em play. Never should they be below the top of the circle. imho

Perfect

Reactions: Nineteen67

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bertuzzi - Domi - Nylander
McMann - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Dewar - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - - - Boosh
Benoit - McCabe
Edmundson - Liljegren

Press Box:

Brodie, Giordano, Gregor, Holmberg

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
Really curious to see which d-man Keefe takes out in order to put in Edmundson. Rielly and Brodie are locks in my opinion (I know some people are really down on Brodie but he continues to get the 2nd most playing time on the team so he’s not coming out). So who of Lily, Boosh, Benoit or McCabe sits? Think it’s between Benoit or Lily and I don’t want either to sit.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Really curious to see which d-man Keefe takes out in order to put in Edmundson. Rielly and Brodie are locks in my opinion (I know some people are really down on Brodie but he continues to get the 2nd most playing time on the team so he’s not coming out). So who of Lily, Boosh, Benoit or McCabe sits? Think it’s between Benoit or Lily and I don’t want either to sit.
If healthy McCabe and Boosh are locks to play. Lilly sits IMO.

Reactions: DragoGrizzly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland