GDT: Leafs @ Habs - HNIC - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You get a new coach, to start
Sure, changing who flies down to Arizona to wash 34’s feet in the summer will make all the difference, it’s on the players, as much as I detest Keefe, the players, specifically the core four are what’s holding this team back……..

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Going 11 and 7 might not be a bad idea on occasion if they don't trust Lilly

For the playoffs? If so, it can also make sense when one believes the 7th d-man will be a better option than the 12th forward. I'd also look at a Benoit here (a good season, but no previous NHL playoff experience to speak of). This shouldn't be a case of Liljegren firmly being on the outside looking in (when going with the standard 12-6).

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I'm over the deadline already. Oh well. Moving on. Not much changed and that's actually alright. The adds on D are fine. It's hard to do much in season with what we had in the cupboard and there wasn't much out there at a decent price that would of made us much better.

This team is what it is. If the big 4 don't figure it out come playoff time (which they still really never have) then it's nothing new.

If they don't do anything again I really can't see how there isn't at minimum a pretty significant retool.

I'm just expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

That way I can try and enjoy the games and wait until the playoffs to lose my mind lol

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
What exactly can Tre do if once again the core shits the bed? Exactly…………..

All of the core has full NMC/NTC. Matthtews already had one from Dubas and then got one again from Treliving. Nylander got one from treliving too.

At present, if I am Treliving, I am waiting out the Tavares contract; unless Tavares thinks Leafs aren't doing much to go for the cup; he wants to win one and waives so we can trade him.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Why is Nick Robertson still a leaf

We dont trust him like a top 6 LT piece. Hes in the AHL and wont play in the playoffs by the looks of it

He has been as good aa knies most of the year despite lesser role but has no future with the team

He should have been dealt for a 2nd and 3rd

Recouping picks would have been nice for a asset we aren't going to be keeping/using
Because he's a low cost RFA that we will probably use next season when 34 & 88 get their $6M in raises. A 2nd and 3rd can't do that.

Saturday, in MTL, the atmosphere is just different. Doesn’t get much better, no matter where the teams are in the standings.
Went to Saturday night Leaf - Hab game in MTL back in 2015. A lot of fun (we lost)

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
Sure, changing who flies down to Arizona to wash 34’s feet in the summer will make all the difference, it’s on the players, as much as I detest Keefe, the players, specifically the core four are what’s holding this team back……..
I've had enough of this core. Talented bunch but absolutely no heart and disappear when you need them the most. Watching last night getting another possible injury from the little POS Marchand and he was still skating after the game was the last straw for me. Management needs to make some major moves this off season.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
All of the core has full NMC/NTC. Matthtews already had one from Dubas and then got one again from Treliving. Nylander got one from treliving too.

At present, if I am Treliving, I am waiting out the Tavares contract; unless Tavares thinks Leafs aren't doing much to go for the cup; he wants to win one and waives so we can trade him.
That only fixes 1/4 of the problem……

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
My lines with a minor shake up:

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Marner
Jarnkrok - Tavares - Nylander
Knies - Domi - McMann
Dewar - Kampf - Gregor
Holmberg - Reaves

Rielly - Lyubushkin
McCabe - Edmundson
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit

horner

May 22, 2007
It’s happy hour for me, I don’t understand, please explain…….

They should have told Brodie in the fall to stay home and take care of your wife…….
What's the matter with his wife.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Call me crazy but I think Dewar and Domi would be a good pair. Dewar to cover the defensive deficiencies and has a decent enough shot to finish. Dewar has 0 offensive creativity so he could actually benefit from Domi in the regard.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Please oh please just let the Leafs pound them into embarrassment and for them to question their manhood.

That won't completely make up for the 8-2 two game total goal folly, but it will go a long way to re-setting the Leafs direction heading to the playoff(s) I'm still hopeful

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville

Then you underestimate what a strong, experienced coach can bring. A strong coach gets teams to perform to their full potential. I won’t preach too much here, but Keefe has been taken to school by experienced coaches in the playoffs. This is his last chance with the group I imagine.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Justin Bourne and Kypper both said that quiet part out loud today, after Sammy danced around it for a bit.

The first step towards fixing what's wrong is admitting what the problem really is.

The sooner Treliving can convince Shanny that it might finally be time to make that call to the 602 area code, the better.

Reactions: Leterman and rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Then you underestimate what a strong, experienced coach can bring. A strong coach gets teams to perform to their full potential. I won’t preach too much here, but Keefe has been taken to school by experienced coaches in the playoffs. This is his last chance with the group I imagine.
Perhaps….

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Why is Nick Robertson still a leaf

We dont trust him like a top 6 LT piece. Hes in the AHL and wont play in the playoffs by the looks of it

He has been as good aa knies most of the year despite lesser role but has no future with the team

He should have been dealt for a 2nd and 3rd

Recouping picks would have been nice for a asset we aren't going to be keeping/using
He's not in the AHL. He was told he'd be back up after the deadline.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021

I think you’re underestimating what it would cost to unload JT even after paying his signing bonus.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think you’re underestimating what it would cost to unload JT even after paying his signing bonus.

First Tavares has to ask for a trade; we can't just trade him b/c he has full nmc/ntc.

Second, I am not questioning you that it may take an "add" from us to fully dump tavares. But we can retain and trade him next season (next season is tavares' last year); and there must be someone who would pay something for him LOL.

IMO we are going to wait out Tavares; contract and the team building will really start in the off season which will continue in the next off season when Tavares is not counting against the cap

Reactions: Cleetus

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
First Tavares has to ask for a trade; we can't just trade him b/c he has full nmc/ntc.

Second, I am not questioning you that it may take an "add" from us to fully dump tavares. But we can retain and trade him next season (next season is tavares' last year); and there must be someone who would pay something for him LOL.

IMO we are going to wait out Tavares; contract and the team building will really start in the off season which will continue in the next off season when Tavares is not counting against the cap
It comes down to the same scenario Marleau posed, the smart play is ride out the last season snd say goodbye, then let Marner walk for squat……

Reactions: Strangle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad