GDT: Leafs @ Habs - HNIC - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Surprisingly he looks like the better option. Woll is still a little rusty it seems.
I wish this wasn't true but yeah... its Sammy right now.

Imagine we had a top rhd and a goalie. That would be something.

That'd be what I would do this summer if I was Tre.

Hope Holmberg gets back in. He made Kampf and the 4th line much better.
I thought he's been decent. Gregor really isn't doing anything anymore. Skates fast to nowhere.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I think we'll see this on the back end for now:

Rielly-Lyubushkin
Brodie-McCabe
Edmundson-Liljegren

Benoit

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Hope so, but I suspect it will be a close game

That would be my guess too.

In their last 5 games, the Habs are 2-1-2 including taking the Lightning, Panthers and Preds to the gimmicks so I hope the Leafs are getting over the flu as the Habs arnt exactly playing bad hockey right now.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
You don't wanna see the new guys tn?
We're in Montreal on Saturday night after the deadline with new acquisitions and people are like this is mid .

Screenshot_2024-03-09-10-43-22~2.png

Reactions: Smif

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Big game. Always love a Habs Leafs game, new players, just don’t get injured. (we always seem to pay a 1st rounder then have the rental go down with a debilitating injury, Foligno- leg or hip, O’Reilly- broken finger, Also Acciari had a neck injury down the stretch heading into the playoffs )

Last game until Thursday. Good little break for them mentally and physically get through this flu bug or whatever it is. Time to get new players up to speed with some practice time.

Maybe Marner and Benoit getting a game off due to illness or injury? Those practice lines look pretty set without subs in place of missing players.

Dewar get a shot at centre.

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
You don't wanna see the new guys tn?
I find it difficult to get too interested in games against bottom-feeders at this point in the season. This is usually the time of the season when I just want to fast-forward to the playoffs.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
That would be my guess too.

In their last 5 games, the Habs are 2-1-2 including taking the Lightning, Panthers and Preds to the gimmicks so I hope the Leafs are getting over the flu as the Habs arnt exactly playing bad hockey right now.
And Suzuki has been very hot of late.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Man I was really digging that Benoit-McCabe pairing.

They had
Brodie McCabe
Rielly Schenn
Gio Liljeggren

Last season and Brodie-McCabe pairing wasn't that great IMO. Brodie was trash

Its like Keefe never learns; but I guess he won't scratch Brodie

so the option was scratch Benoit and break up that pairing or scratch Lily to keep that pairing

Oh welllll...................... :(

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Not worried about Woll. He will get steady again lots of time. Happy that Sammy has stepped up though and will definitely need him tonight.

Reactions: NinjaKick

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Bertuzzi-Matthews-Nylander
Domi-Tavares-Jarnkrok
Knies-Kampf-McMann
Holmberg-Dewar-Reaves

OK... when Marner gets back who is out and where does Marner slot in?

Reactions: Cleetus

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
might of had something to do with that fall he took in Boston, he got up really slow

Missed an open net, goes behind the net and takes a nothing shot turning and falling on his knee

of all the fancy things he tries to do; this was on another level. May be this is the universe telling to tone down the fancy and up the simple hockey in certain scenarios

:laugh:

Reactions: Cleetus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad