Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs | Feb 9 | 7PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Better leave earlier pal, 401 is a horror show. Brockville, and still snowing wind is supposed to come up overnite. Best wishes but I d stay home. Having said that there's nothing like Montreal on a Saturday with the Leafs in town, electric from 8 am on, God speed DM me if you need to watch the game in Eastern Ontario.

Take the train and sleep all afternoon.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I would mix up the lines a bit... Kadri and Frattin have to be getting more minutes. Kadri is most valuable as a C but if he's getting more minutes its hardly an issue IMO.

This is what I would do against Montreal.

Van Reimsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Kadri - Grabovski - Frattin
Kulemin - Mcclement - Komorav

2 very good scoring lines... and a legit shut down line. We gotta keep riding Kadri, Frattin while their hot and get them more minutes. It would also get Grabovski a chance to get a lot more scoring chances. Frattin can finish and Kadri is so shifty and so creative with the puck he would create so many scoring chances.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
The storm is done, isn't it? At least in Toronto and area, unless it's heading East because Montreal says conditions are sunny all day Saturday.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm at a Tim Hortons right off Montreal's West Island. Highways are fine around here, a bit slippery on the city streets. Weather looks okay.

Biggest problem for Toronto visitors may be parking, with extra snow and snow-removal gumming things up here. Parking lots are anywhere from $15 to $25, or take a Metro (if you know the city or can get directions).

Drive carefully for those making the trip and let's hope for a great game between our teams.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Those pylons did a pretty good job the first game :)

Montreal doesn't scare me at all. We should be able to win. They have had one of the easiest schedules to start the season and had luck with the Refs + they've had so many home games that it feels like they have never left Montreal yet.

5-1-0 on the road, about to be 6-1-0.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Would be surprised to see Kadri on the PK. I figured Frattin might get some time there. Kadri is great at reading the play though, so maybe he will be effective in getting in the way of those plays up high.

Kadri needs to improve on faceoffs before i would put him on the PK.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This thread needs a little Heave Away by the Fables. If someone could post it that would be great. Song just feels like a Leafs win song.

Morlesio14*

Finally Koska won't play 30 min. I heard one game that he played more than Shea Weber

dcervi*

This thread needs a little Heave Away by the Fables. If someone could post it that would be great. Song just feels like a Leafs win song.

This thread needs a more badass, catchy song that people from all generations will enjoy not just the hillbillies of Canada. Lets get some Led Zeppelin, AC/DC or Rolling Stones up in here.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
is the game cancelled?
theres 1 or 2 feet of snow here (toronto)

Game is in Montreal, pretty sure the Leafs never came back to Toronto after their game against Winnipeg. They went straight to MTL.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
I'm at a Tim Hortons right off Montreal's West Island. Highways are fine around here, a bit slippery on the city streets. Weather looks okay.

Biggest problem for Toronto visitors may be parking, with extra snow and snow-removal gumming things up here. Parking lots are anywhere from $15 to $25, or take a Metro (if you know the city or can get directions).

Drive carefully for those making the trip and let's hope for a great game between our teams.

Cheers, bud.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Reminder guys: Do not bring over posts from other boards as it is against the Rules. I know it's usually in good-natured fun but it's not allowed. Carry on. Go Leafs Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad