Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs | Feb 9 | 7PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Agreed, we still might not be a playoff team, but we are getting better little by little and are trending up.

In other years we had way more vets, and guys were playing over their heads... it was just a matter of time before they came back to reality and the struggles began.

Reimer is playing like a #1. That is all anyone could ever ask for. If Kessel produces and we get Lupul back, then our forwards should be able to get the job done. If we get our special teams going now, we are a playoff team I think. It won't be smooth sailing, but we only need to be 5 or 6 games over .500 this season to make it I think.

I'd take 8th over a tank any day...

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
not if he is like me and lives outside ontario. Never understood why it's not offered nation wide there are Leafs fans EVERYWHERE

I know what your saying and I have Satellite, I had to go after them when it was Star Choice (now Shaw) because they thought I was outside the Leafs protected viewing area but I finally convinced them, I was right.

The teams have their own protected areas and if your outside that area you can only get the team tv that's in that viewing area, unless it's a broad network telecast like CBC, Sportsnet or TSN.

Cener Ice is your best bet if your a Leaf fan but you won't get the Marlie games.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Hopefully the entire Leafs roster is healthy soon.
Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Kulemin
Macarthur-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Orr/Steckel/Frazer/Brown

Need that depth on the wing back.

Think it's going to be a close game with the injuries still.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know what your saying and I have Satellite, I had to go after them when it was Star Choice (now Shaw) because they thought I was outside the Leafs protected viewing area but I finally convinced them, I was right.

The teams have their own protected areas and if your outside that area you can only get the team tv that's in that viewing area, unless it's a broad network telecast like CBC, Sportsnet or TSN.

Cener Ice is your best bet if your a Leaf fan but you won't get the Marlie games.

I had that free center ice preview in january there were 2 Leafs games I didn't get

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Could be a tough one. At the same time it should be fun to see how they do. At least we aren't at home, have a chance to win then.

Really hope that Kessel has broken out and can go and light up Price a little :).

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Wondering if Komisarek is back into this game. He has looked like a competent NHL defenseman in the 4 games played this year and he usually plays his better games against the Habs. If they have any hope/plan to flip him in a trade, this is the game where he should be showcased. Otherwise, it's looking more and more like his future is a compliance buyout.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
We're going to go in their building and beat them, in front of their fans. Should be fun.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
was curious as to how long Lupul is out and found this:

Lupul was on twitter a few days ago answering questions)
Joffrey Lupul ‏@JLupul
In case you missed it, heres a link to yesterdays #AskLupul @NHL twitter takeover http://*******/WRasc5

http://www.fiveminutesforfighting.com/2013/02/leafs-joffrey-lupul-takes-over-nhl-twitter.html

-Philly was a great place to play w amazing fans but I was born to play in Toronto- JL
-sorry man I really want to get on your nerves... Leafs really do suck #gosensgo
Sens fans are always on my nerves.. -JL
-Hey Joffrey, why isn't your name Jeffery like a normal person?
Cause I'm not normal... oh and it's what my parents gave me. I'm trying to work w it -JL
-Did Phanuef ever say sorry for breaking your arm
Yes like 20 times. Not his fault whatsoever. Just a bad break. Front of the net is a tough place to play -JL

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Our team collapses too much on the power play, leaving the point open. Subban and Markov could burn us if we allow that. If we can improve on our PK, then I think we have a good shot.

I think it will be close... a 3-2 or 4-3 game. Maybe OT

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
was curious as to how long Lupul is out and found this:

Lupul was on twitter a few days ago answering questions)
Joffrey Lupul ‏@JLupul
In case you missed it, heres a link to yesterdays #AskLupul @NHL twitter takeover http://*******/WRasc5

http://www.fiveminutesforfighting.com/2013/02/leafs-joffrey-lupul-takes-over-nhl-twitter.html

-Philly was a great place to play w amazing fans but I was born to play in Toronto- JL
-sorry man I really want to get on your nerves... Leafs really do suck #gosensgo
Sens fans are always on my nerves.. -JL
-Hey Joffrey, why isn't your name Jeffery like a normal person?
Cause I'm not normal... oh and it's what my parents gave me. I'm trying to work w it -JL
-Did Phanuef ever say sorry for breaking your arm
Yes like 20 times. Not his fault whatsoever. Just a bad break. Front of the net is a tough place to play -JL
Lol this is common knowledge as of a few days ago.

Asif16*

Even though we are winning, i kinda feel bad for Komisarek. Finally ends up playing well and he gets benched. Really hope he plays saturday night. Even though its gonna be tough to take someone out. I still thinks kostka needs to be sent down. Liles has also been sucking. Hopefully komi can replace liles

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
Habs have been playing solid since last time they played us. I still think we take them tho they just had 2 tough games against Boston and Buffalo but Price could steal it too. Gonna be a good one either way I'm sure - Hockey Day in Canada btw

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
One change at Leafs practice: Phaneuf playing on top pairing with Holzer. Kostka with Liles. Thought Holzer played well last night.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Kadri getting time on both PP and PK in practice today. May start to see his ice time increase here.

Mike Zeisberger ‏@Zeisberger

Kadri receiving plenty of special teams work at practice, both on pp and pk. Leafs pp 25th, PK 24th. #Leafs

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Would be surprised to see Kadri on the PK. I figured Frattin might get some time there. Kadri is great at reading the play though, so maybe he will be effective in getting in the way of those plays up high.

mikebel111*

Would be surprised to see Kadri on the PK. I figured Frattin might get some time there. Kadri is great at reading the play though, so maybe he will be effective in getting in the way of those plays up high.

kadri was on the PK yesterday, plus he has earned more playing time, has been good on the defensive end, and carlyle seems really impressed by his game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad