Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Columbus: Can we make it two in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Michael Traikos @Michael_Traikos
#leafs Booth skated this morn. Said foot "doesn't feel good." Then cut off interview, saying "I have to put my skates in the oven"

James Mirtle @mirtle
Carlyle on David Booth: "He's a long ways away."

Gee, kinda sounds like he's gonna pull a Kilger.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Yeah I don't like these Friday games, much prefer Thurs.

I wish the scheduling was like before with games heavily on Tues, Thurs and Sat

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
CBJ have called up Gibbons and Collins. Foligno is participating in practice this morning. So we might have:

https://twitter.com/smitchcd/status/527842484697980928

Hartnell - Johansen - Atkinson
Foligno - Wennberg - Skille
Tropp - Chaput - Dano
Gibbons/Collins - Cracknell - Boll

D is up in the air too. They've been mixing pairs some and with Wiz out, I don't know...

Johnson, Savard, Murray, Tyutin, Prout and probably Erixon but could be Goulobef.

McElhinney in net with Forsberg as back-up.

Thanks for the update.

By all rights, the Leafs really should win this one. Columbus' injuries are ridiculous right now.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
9 regulars out, one being their starting tender

heh, they have no excuse not to win this in regulation.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
a suggestion: is it possible to include the TV channel that the game is airing on in the first post of the Game Time Threads? there's so many channels now i have no idea what's airing on what channel

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
a suggestion: is it possible to include the TV channel that the game is airing on in the first post of the Game Time Threads? there's so many channels now i have no idea what's airing on what channel

it's usually posted in the game day thread.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
9 regulars out, one being their starting tender

heh, they have no excuse not to win this in regulation.

Remember last year when some people were like - Bolland and Bozak are out, how can any team be expected to win with injury problems like that? :laugh:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Sportsnet Ontario 7 PM @ Blue Jackets

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013

I agree. Dislike Sundays too. Hockey on Saturday is great because, **** ya, no work tomorrow! I can stay up late, go out, get drunk, play video games, whatever the hell I want!

Watching on Sunday brings me those same feelings as Saturdays - until the thought of my 5:20am monday morning alarm punches me in the face.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Sabers Cap Payroll $58,530,846
Columbus Cap Payroll $63,110,413
Leafs Cap Payroll $68,661,302
Flames Cap Payroll $56,057,977 (lowest)

Did Miller want out of the Sabers ? or did the Sabers want to trade him to rebuild ?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I wonder if Ashton will get into this game, sounds like he's ready.

Ready and Raring

http://blog.mapleleafs.com/ready-and-raring/

“Definitely, it’s a process, coming into camp I just wanted to prove myself and make the team. I’m looking forward to any opportunity I get so I’ve been working hard in practice, trying to stay sharp.”

Just 23 years old Ashton is still young and technically was just a rookie last season.

Much was expected from the former Lightning 1st round pick when he was acquired in February of 2012 for Keith Aulie.

In the meantime he’s spent time in the press box trying to make the best of a challenging situation.

“Anytime you get to watch you definitely learn. You want to be playing but there’s a learning aspect that also requires you to be mentally sharp.
It’s tough to stay physically sharp, so you learn to push yourself in practices before and after to stay ready. ”

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Sabres Cap Payroll $58,530,846
Columbus Cap Payroll $63,110,413
Leafs Cap Payroll $68,661,302
Flames Cap Payroll $56,057,977 (lowest)

Did Miller want out of the Sabres ? or did the Sabres want to trade him to rebuild ?

dont quote me but i think he wanted out

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
I can't hate the Jackets, like the team, and their fans seem to really hate Pittsburgh :handclap:

Columbus seems like a nice enough college town (probably one of the better places in Ohio, although that's not saying much.)

Nice test for the team. We'll see how we stack up against a team that destroyed us routinely last season.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I can't hate the Jackets, like the team, and their fans seem to really hate Pittsburgh :handclap:

Columbus seems like a nice enough college town (probably one of the better places in Ohio, although that's not saying much.)

Nice test for the team. We'll see how we stack up against a team that destroyed us routinely last season.

Cleveland... bleh! That city is pretty much the most tortured when it comes to pro sports, and it isn't really even close either.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

I dislike Friday and Sunday games too. Much prefer Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday game days! :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad