Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Columbus: Can we make it two in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
tomorrow's just not a good night cause of halloween. gotta hand out candy... then probably going out to bar downtown with friends. don't know how I fit a hockey game in there.

worst case scenario is that I PVR the game... try and somehow avoid spoilers all night.. .and watch it when I get home.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
tomorrow's just not a good night cause of halloween. gotta hand out candy... then probably going out to bar downtown with friends. don't know how I fit a hockey game in there.

worst case scenario is that I PVR the game... try and somehow avoid spoilers all night.. .and watch it when I get home.

Move TV next to door and drink while handing out candy. Boom.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Leave Winnick. Just swap him with Clarkson for a couple games and let's see what happens.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Leave Winnick. Just swap him with Clarkson for a couple games and let's see what happens.

Clarkson does he dirty work for the 2nd line though, Starting the cycle and working behind and in the front of the net.

I think a Leo - Santa - Panik would/could work and gives the line someone who could finish off on some of offensive zone time they seem to get even with either Clarkson or Winnik there now.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I know you're trying to have something scary for the children and all but subjecting them to the Leafs seems a bit over the top.

f6fsPnq.gif

Tyler Biggs*

Love Percy but don't mess with a good thing considering we gave up a mere 10 shots last game. Yeah it was Buffalo but anyone who knows hockey knows that's still impressive. GO LEAFS GO!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs need a win tonight to end the month of October on a positive note and keep their record above .500 for the first month of action.

Leafs are currently tied for the 5th worst record in the NHL and need to start stringing a series of 4-5 wins in a row to start gaining some ground on those above them in the standings.

Columbus due to injuries has lost 4 straight and the opportunity is there for the Leafs to take advantage as they are nearly at 100% health.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I would as well.

The issue is now that I actually quite like the chemistry now of the top 9. The one place I could see him is on he 3rd line, With Winnik dropping to the 4th.

What is so good about the chemistry of the top 9 though?

Sabres had 15 shots last night against the Bruins, scored on the PP, but 15 shots!

I don't know why we'd give any consideration of the Sabres game to suggest there is good chemistry in the Leafs top 9.

Leafs are about 23rd. in the league right now. They ended last year 23rd.

I understand the Leafs best players are in their top 9, just like last year.

I do understand what you're saying though.

Only so many ways you can rearrange the deck chairs, and at a certain point might as well just sit down and have a cocktail.

Getting the Blue Jackets at a good time with all their injuries.

Columbus is the youngest team in the league.

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_AverageAge.php#TeamCharts

Weighted average, Toronto is about the 12th. youngest team.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Clarkson does he dirty work for the 2nd line though, Starting the cycle and working behind and in the front of the net.

I think a Leo - Santa - Panik would/could work and gives the line someone who could finish off on some of offensive zone time they seem to get even with either Clarkson or Winnik there now.

Clarkson is a black hole, he hurts the offense of the players of the line he is on.

He holds the puck too long, makes ill timed passes, and takes weak shots that don't even register on the net. He's manipulating Corsi directing pucks towards the net with almost no chance of scoring.

:sarcasm:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs need a win tonight to end the month of October on a positive note and keep their record above .500 for the first month of action.

Leafs are currently tied for the 5th worst record in the NHL and need to start stringing a series of 4-5 wins in a row to start gaining some ground on those above them in the standings.

Columbus due to injuries has lost 4 straight and the opportunity is there for the Leafs to take advantage as they are nearly at 100% health.

Do we know their line-up yet?

So is 20 year old Alexander Wennberg going to be one of their centers?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Do we know their line-up yet?

So is 20 year old Alexander Wennberg going to be one of their centers?

This is what we do know.

Columbus Blue Jackets

N. Horton, RW Oct 5, 2014 IR Back ... B. Jenner, LW Oct 5, 2014 IR Broken hand ... B. Dubinsky, C Oct 7, 2014 IR Lower-body injury ... M. Calvert, LW Oct 27, 2014 IR Upper-body injury ... N. Foligno, LW Oct 27, 2014 day-to-day Upper-body injury ... S. Bobrovsky, G Oct 28, 2014 IR Fractured finger ... M. Letestu, C Oct 29, 2014 IR Groin ... A. Anisimov, C Oct 29, 2014 day-to-day Concussion ... J. Wisniewski, D Oct 29, 2014 IR Broken finger

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
This is what we do know.

Columbus Blue Jackets

N. Horton, RW Oct 5, 2014 IR Back ... B. Jenner, LW Oct 5, 2014 IR Broken hand ... B. Dubinsky, C Oct 7, 2014 IR Lower-body injury ... M. Calvert, LW Oct 27, 2014 IR Upper-body injury ... N. Foligno, LW Oct 27, 2014 day-to-day Upper-body injury ... S. Bobrovsky, G Oct 28, 2014 IR Fractured finger ... M. Letestu, C Oct 29, 2014 IR Groin ... A. Anisimov, C Oct 29, 2014 day-to-day Concussion ... J. Wisniewski, D Oct 29, 2014 IR Broken finger

Foligno is supposed to dress tonight.

He and Phaneuf always seem to get into it physically.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
This is what we do know.

Columbus Blue Jackets

Wow. That's not even fair for the Blue Jackets

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If we don't win this one some people are going to be 5150'd. It's a for sure win plain and simple they need only show up and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad