Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Columbus: Can we make it two in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I don't even think Buffalo would make the playoffs in the AHL.
On paper with Stewart,Moulson,Gionta,Hodgson,Stafford you think they could at least score goals but they can't.
I guess on paper doesn't make a team as we are well aware.
These teams with Buffalo and Edmonton to me, are wrongfully built. They are pretty fast and talented skill wise... but pretty small and pretty soft. They are pretty, but don't have the edge to win. Not enough (strength) ether. It's impossible to win other moronic steroid teams when you only have players will skill and speed. They lose every battle in every corner and everywhere in general.
I'm amazed how they build teams in buffalo and edmonton nowadays.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I heard Mckenzie say 9 Blue Jackets are out of the lineup. Significant players also, Leafs catch a break no doubt, they need to capitalize.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
For my entire life the Leafs very rarely win games they should. Its kinda shocking we won so soundly last night, actually.

It took us 39 and change minutes to score also. Neuvirth was having a good game, but Buffalo was tired as heck. If they weren't, we probably lost that game. To the second worst team in the league. We should have won a lot more soundly than we did.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
It took us 39 and change minutes to score also. Neuvirth was having a good game, but Buffalo was tired as heck. If they weren't, we probably lost that game. To the second worst team in the league. We should have won a lot more soundly than we did.

can't tell if your being sarcastic or not

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

LOL what game were you watching? Lupul had 1 less shot then the entire Buffalo team last night. Tied a franchise record in least shots allowed, goaltender got an easy shut out, and we destroyed them in most measurable aspects of the game. Are you for real right now?

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Interesting game. If they can play with the same structure and intensity as last game then I'll be a bit impressed, if they can start playing like this with some consistency then that'll go a long way towards restoring some faith in this group of players.

If I was a betting man, I'd say they come out playing well, get things going against them and drop any semblence of structure and then lose in an ugly way.
I agree. We'll start performing well once we ice four lines and become more experimental with the line ups.

MuchoMacho

Jul 19, 2009
Penalty Box

you're hilarious :laugh:, 4-0, only 10 shots allowed, shut out, etc and you're still not happy.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
you're hilarious :laugh:, 4-0, only 10 shots allowed, shut out, etc and you're still not happy.

I think he was pointing out that we beat possibly the worst NHL team of the last decade, rather than a more respectable opponent. That bing said I don't see how that win could have been more lopsided. Just the fact we only allowed ten pucks to hit Bernier, had a 4 goal shutout that easily could have been a 6 or 7 goal shellacking, and had almost 80 percent of the shots on goal in the game. But it's no secret the Sabres are a complete gongshow this year.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
What is he suppose to do with that team?

Agreed, the Sabres are the most poorly put together team I've ever seen and I've been following hockey for ten years. (Or since I was eight) The Sabres also have completely garbage vets to serve as mentors for their prospects. Blaming Nolan for this mess is unfair.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
I think he was pointing out that we beat possibly the worst NHL team of the last decade, rather than a more respectable opponent. That bing said I don't see how that win could have been more lopsided. Just the fact we only allowed ten pucks to hit Bernier, had a 4 goal shutout that easily could have been a 6 or 7 goal shellacking, and had almost 80 percent of the shots on goal in the game. But it's no secret the Sabres are a complete gongshow this year.

He also said we probably would have lost if the Sabers weren't tired...

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
What is he suppose to do with that team?

I'm not saying he is, I'm just saying once the Sabres will start having their young guys come up and develop at the NHL level while the team starts to trend upwards, Nolan isn't the guy I'd want with that kind of a young team. Nolan is in no way responsible for how horrendous the Sabres are right now.

Think of Peter DeBoer as a comparison. Neither are that great with young teams and need skilled vet teams to succeed as coaches. Doesn't make them bad coaches though.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'm not saying he is, I'm just saying once the Sabres will start having their young guys come up and develop at the NHL level while the team starts to trend upwards, Nolan isn't the guy I'd want with that kind of a young team. Nolan is in no way responsible for how horrendous the Sabres are right now.

Think of Peter DeBoer as a comparison. Neither are that great with young teams and need skilled vet teams to succeed as coaches. Doesn't make them bad coaches though.

Alright, that's fair.

I was going to say that you could put you or me behind the bench and it wouldn't make a lick of difference.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Who do you think would be better? I think he deserves a chance.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
if they play to the same level as Buffalo they will beat this banged up Columbus team.

5 - 3 Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad