GDT: Leafs(8-6-0) vs Blues(10-3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Heading out for a night of Street Fighter, but if I can finangle it I hope to get the host to put the game on. Tough game tonight, hopefully they can salvage something out of this road trip.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
the worst kind of "fan".

i mean there are some players in the league I'd love for them to win a cup (well there were. most now it's a meh). but nothing will trump the Leafs winning a cup. certainly not Bozak and JVR before we do. but with that being said, it also gets flipping tiring trying to read things here and and having accusations of "loving" a player, being "married" to them, or on the other side hating them, or wading through countless 'clown' comments. and while people tend to throw out the "just ignore me then" at the rate a lot of the commentary is going recently, i'd only be reading like 10 people tops.

we should be able to debate and discuss things, even heatedly without having to sound like bickering such and suches.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Welcome to the current decade where having your own opinion that doesn't match another posters is not acceptable. Instead of real arguments it's just insults

JVR scores goals, he produces, doesn't mean he doesn't suck more often than not. It's ok to call him garbage when he's garbage and praise him when he's not. I think that should be something people do without ridicule

Instead you get the "where are the _____ haterz now!" personal attacks all over forums. Just using JVR as an example, but this is standard with about every player. This "rub it in their faces!!" culture and obsession with being right - even when both parties are right it's just a game by game basis

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
i mean there are some players in the league I'd love for them to win a cup (well there were. most now it's a meh). but nothing will trump the Leafs winning a cup. certainly not Bozak and JVR before we do. but with that being said, it also gets flipping tiring trying to read things here and and having accusations of "loving" a player, being "married" to them, or on the other side hating them, or wading through countless 'clown' comments. and while people tend to throw out the "just ignore me then" at the rate a lot of the commentary is going recently, i'd only be reading like 10 people tops.

we should be able to debate and discuss things, even heatedly without having to sound like bickering such and suches.

In a way, it is good that fans are really invested in the players and teams. But on the other hand, a lot of people just get too personal if someone disagree with them. A forum should be about discussions and stuff not a whole bunch of people agreeing with each other.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Welcome to the current decade where having your own opinion that doesn't match another posters is not acceptable. Instead of real arguments it's just insults

JVR scores goals, he produces, doesn't mean he doesn't suck more often than not. It's ok to call him garbage when he's garbage and praise him when he's not. I think that should be something people do without ridicule

Instead you get the "where are the _____ haterz now!" personal attacks all over forums. Just using JVR as an example, but this is standard with about every player. This "rub it in their faces!!" culture and obsession with being right - even when both parties are right it's just a game by game basis

So true.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
i'll never understand this sentiment. it literally makes no sense to me.

why? i'm not allowed to be happy if players I like win the cup? if they are traded it would likely be to a contender that has a better chance at winning than us.

I was happy that Phil got two cups, wish it was with us but none the less he was my favourite NHL player for a while. I've always liked JVR and what he brings so whether he wins with the leafs or another team I'll be happy.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Man I love Babcock, and his press videos. So calm and hits the nail on the head. I agree 100 percent with Kapenen. I though last game he was the best player on that line. That is how you stay in the lineup. I also think this now means Leivo is finished (trade). If Kapenen can play like that again to prove it was not just a one off performance, it would not surprise me to see Leivo dealt.

I keep reading as well some people here (or trade threads) think we are ok to wait for deadline help. Mysterious and makes no sense to me why. Why would we wait until the end of February to do something? I also know usually it has been our team defense (not defense players), but last game it was the players in that position (namely Zaitsev, Rielly in our zone, Jake in our zone). I thought in the offensive zone that Rielly and Gardiner we good (Gardiner finally looked like himself in that respect). But Zaitsev had probably his worst game. The key here is our TEAM defense is usually subject, I think we need to make a deal here before American Thanksgiving. Stats show if you arent in by then it is hard to get in, if at all.

Reactions: francis246

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Jet fan here and I come in peace. How about doing us a favor and kick the Blue's butt tonight. Also I just want to say that I was 3 years old the last time the Leafs won the cup and I have watch Leaf games for 40 years and I can easily say that this team today has the best potential to be a dominating cup contender for the next decade that I've ever seen. How about starting that tonight. :)

Good luck.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
It would be awesome if they can win. It would still be great if they just don't suck so bad.

By the way, why are we talking about how to be a fan? I didn't know there was a manual.

This was always the case, but now its easier to spew whatever opinion someone has with no f***s given leading to a complete shitshow. No need to filter your thoughts, isn't it great? :D

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Jet fan here and I come in peace. How about doing us a favor and kick the Blue's butt tonight. Also I just want to say that I was 3 years old the last time the Leafs won the cup and I have watch Leaf games for 40 years and I can easily say that this team today has the best potential to be a dominating cup contender for the next decade that I've ever seen. How about starting that tonight. :)

Good luck.
Thanks for the kind words, we will do our best.
Good luck against the Habs, hopefully we can each do each other Conference favours tonight. :)

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Good luck.
the Blues are perfectly set up to give a team like ours a ton of trouble unfortunately. Hopefully you guys beat Montreal

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
why? i'm not allowed to be happy if players I like win the cup? if they are traded it would likely be to a contender that has a better chance at winning than us.

I was happy that Phil got two cups, wish it was with us but none the less he was my favourite NHL player for a while. I've always liked JVR and what he brings so whether he wins with the leafs or another team I'll be happy.

yes. but that's not what you said.
you said you'd be happy if he wins a cup before this organization does. that's what's peculiar to me.

but like i said. for me, it's Leafs first, everything/everyone else secondary. it would be different if one of those players were like Iginla or Bourque or something and spent like the majority of their careers with us, sure as heck hall of famer and this was the ONLY thing they needed.

but again. each their own.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Thanks for the kind words, we will do our best.
Good luck against the Habs, hopefully we can each do each other Conference favours tonight. :)

We will also do our best. My only worry is the Jets have a history of having a bad game after a really good divisional win. Hopefully they have matured enough to but that history to bed. Hopefully both teams do each other a favor.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Truer words have been spoken.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
yes. but that's not what you said.
you said you'd be happy if he wins a cup before this organization does. that's what's peculiar to me.

but like i said. for me, it's Leafs first, everything/everyone else secondary. it would be different if one of those players were like Iginla or Bourque or something and spent like the majority of their careers with us, sure as heck hall of famer and this was the ONLY thing they needed.

but again. each their own.

i think one of my biggest issues/pet peeves with the organization and the fan base is that there is always an excuse as to why we can't be successful. It's always we can't win with player x and player y, then those players move on to new teams and prove that they can be winners. So i do get salty and get upset and say that I will be happy when those players move on and win. I really do think that this team can win with JVR on it, others do not. I felt the same way with Kessel, I think if we got the right pieces we could have won with Kessel. (I still think we would have gotten Matthews had we kept Kessel, we were terrible.) So I was really happy when he was a key contributor to Pittsburgh's cup win. I think JVR if not with the leafs will be a key part of another teams cup run some day.

I've been a JVR fan since his draft all the way to his trade with the leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad