GDT: Leafs(8-6-0) vs Blues(10-3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
if it pisses you so much then ****ing using the ignore button.

and there you go "JVR and Bozak have been good leafs for over the years" **** OFF! They have not been good leafs. They both SUCK!

When these two clowns are moved; you can move with them to whatever team they go.

you act like they are the reason the team has not had success the past years. It's simply not true, most of the years the team sucked ass these guys were the only ones scoring.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just fingers crossed.

I like the look of the starting lineup for this game. Now just up to the players to deliver a strong performance. Definitely easy to get caught up in our most idealized lineup or just lines. But this is a group that can win. Whether they do or not is the key part of it and something they have to handle.

Looking forward to Matthews continuing to be awesome. But hopefully the other three lines he isn't on can also chip in.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
you act like they are the reason the team has not had success the past years. It's simply not true, most of the years the team sucked ass these guys were the only ones scoring.

You're right, it's not their fault the team sucked. It was management's fault at the time to think those guys were core pieces. But they do drag the team down.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
if it pisses you so much then ****ing using the ignore button.

and there you go "JVR and Bozak have been good leafs for over the years" **** OFF! They have not been good leafs. They both SUCK!

When these two clowns are moved; you can move with them to whatever team they go.

oh you bet I will and I'll be happy for both when they win a cup before this organization does lol.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
You're right, it's not their fault the team sucked. It was management's fault at the time to think those guys were core pieces.

JVR is a core piece, Bozak I agree we could have moved on from him a long time ago. But I think if you put JVR with a legit center his play would be way better.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
JVR and Bozak are most likely gone after this year. If they're that important, I guess the Leafs are in trouble

currently they both are important parts of our team this season. They may not be in the future, but right now on our team losing either I think does a lot more damage than it does good.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
currently they both are important parts of our team this season. They may not be in the future, but right now on our team losing either I think does a lot more damage than it does good.

Bozak has been demoted to the 4th line. Let's be honest he's been bad. JVR has to be put in certain situation for him not to be a defensive nightmare to the line. He can shoot, he can score, and if he actually played with intensity, I bet he'd be one of the better wingers in the league.....up there anyway.
But that was the knock on him in Philly too.....lazy, takes too many games off.

I don't think he'll be missed nearly as much as many think

Reactions: PromisedLand

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Babcock praised Kapanen in his pre-game presser specifically:

Said he plays heavy (strong on the puck) and is quick as well.

Leivo and Moore are the scratches tonight.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Bozak has been demoted to the 4th line. Let's be honest he's been bad. JVR has to be put in certain situation for him not to be a defensive nightmare to the line. He can shoot, he can score, and if he actually played with intensity, I bet he'd be one of the better wingers in the league.....up there anyway.
But that was the knock on him in Philly too.....lazy, takes too many games off.

I don't think he'll be missed nearly as much as many think

ofc his production will be missed. I get that you may get a player who puts a better defensive effort and that may or may not impact our team. But you cannot deny losing his offensive production will def hurt this team a bit. the only not star guy I can see maybe filling his void is Connor Brown.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
ofc his production will be missed. I get that you may get a player who puts a better defensive effort and that may or may not impact our team. But you cannot deny losing his offensive production will def hurt this team a bit. the only not star guy I can see maybe filling his void is Connor Brown.

Who's to say that if you give another young player his minutes that they he won't produce nearly as much as JvR does and with better defensive effort to boot? Why do you make JvR seem like he is some kinda irreplaceable offensive force? He is way too invisible on most nights. You can like his raw numbers but I really don't like his game at all.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Who's to say that if you give another young player his minutes that they he won't produce nearly as much as JvR does and with better defensive effort to boot?

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/...ronto-maple-leafs-analysis-maple-leafs-roster

just going to redirect you to that article. They make some good arguments and articulate what I'm trying to say better. JVR has not scored less than 27 as a maple leafs except the lockout shortened year. I respect you as a poster here so I don't want to say anything rude here. But it's not very likely that any of the young wingers we have are going to score 27 goals consistently. Especially Leivo, people love to cling to his last 14 games or whatever, but you have to look at the whole picture including his AHL stats. He is a guy who will probably give you 30 - 35 points good defensive effort. But it's unrealistic to expect he is going to score at a JVR pace. His numbers actually do not back this up thought that he can replace JVR right away or ever. I'm not saying you specifically but I think people really need to do plenty research before making claims that Leivo is the right replacement.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/...ronto-maple-leafs-analysis-maple-leafs-roster

just going to redirect you to that article. They make some good arguments and articulate what I'm trying to say better. JVR has not scored less than 27 as a maple leafs except the lockout shortened year. I respect you as a poster here so I don't want to say anything rude here. But it's not very likely that any of the young wingers we have are going to score 27 goals consistently. Especially Leivo, people love to cling to his last 14 games or whatever, but you have to look at the whole picture including his AHL stats. He is a guy who will probably give you 30 - 35 points good defensive effort. But it's unrealistic to expect he is going to score at a JVR pace. His numbers actually do not back this up thought that he can replace JVR right away or ever. I'm not saying you specifically but I think people really need to do plenty research before making claims that Leivo is the right replacement.

I wouldn't have a problem with him if he played half like Hyman, at least. He is just happy to float around out there, and not be engaged. That's why his production is hollow to me. I am just so fed up with him and his effort.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I wouldn't have a problem with him if he played half like Hyman, at least. He is just happy to float around out there, and not be engaged. That's why his production is hollow to me.

i see your point of view and I agree. He could be better defensively but production is VERY important in a time in the league where scoring is difficult and coveted. It's quite embarrassing that just because people don't really like a player they resort to production doesn't matter.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
you're honestly a ****ing idiot. point blank period, do not care if I get banned or suspended or whatever. It has to be said.
A friendly advise if I may (or consider it as personal social experiment).

Not targeting any specific individual but if you simply take the time and add posters you feel you cannot interact with to your 'ignored list' results in a dramatic increases of positive HF experience and actually enjoy the company of fans of our beloved Leafs team.

I know it works because if I visit the site while not logged on and spot posts from those I've ignored, my blood boils and heart rate increases immediately :laugh:

Reactions: francis246

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Yup, big game tonight.

There is doom in the air!

However, I think the Leafs will put up a good effort. Will they win, really depends on how the game goes as that is a good team they are playing.

Don't give it away, don't get out worked, and the Leafs can play with anybody in this league.

Off the glass and out, or just ice it. That is what Polak would have done. Play around with it too much in your own zone, especially these Leafs where two forwards already at the opposing blue line, is just inviting trouble.

Will the real Leafs stand up!?

:baghead:

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Super happy that Kapanen gets praise from Babs. Glad also that Polak is out. Our 4th looks like one that could potentially do some damage. Did you guys see that shot by Marner off the crossbar?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We could actually make our 4th line a legitimate decent threat to score if we had Leivo in over Martin. Leivo - Bozak - Marner is a middle 6 quality line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad