GDT: Leafs(8-6-0) vs Blues(10-3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I would be very impressed if we come out of this game with a point. GLG

Apollo Leaf

Apr 8, 2010
Our offence needs to come out flying early for us to even have a chance.

Unless our defence is tight this game, I expect this could be a high scoring game.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
As Babcock has mentioned billion times already talent "alone" ain't gonna get you wins; one needs to "work hard"

ya ya ya, but who keeps drawing into the line up :) ? You know coaches bullshit to appease all players. This is strictly a tactic to keep Leivo on task and training. There is no doubt in my mind the coaching staff and management value JVR more.

JVR is what he is at the end of the day, he isn't a superstar defensively. But he's been improving and he does provide really consistent offense.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
ya ya ya, but who keeps drawing into the line up :) ? You know coaches bull**** to appease all players. This is strictly a tactic to keep Leivo on task and training. There is no doubt in my mind the coaching staff and management value JVR more.

JVR is what he is at the end of the day, he isn't a superstar defensively. But he's been improving and he does provide really consistent offense.

I don't think they value him all that highly considering all the sheltered minutes he is getting. I have no doubt that he is a goner after this season, if not at the TDL. They are not going to sign him long term for 5 or 6 mil.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The Carrick - Gardener pairing should be entertaining.

1st. Pairing
2nd. Pairing
Rover Pairing

Those two tend to play well together, I'm not sure why but Gardiner seems more settled when Carrick is paired with him

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Part of me thinks that part of the reason he won't scratch either JvR or Bozak because of the media **** storm it will create.

precisely! plus if you wanna trade them you gotta play them. It sucks that Moore has to sit; if Marleau is playing center I'd rather Moore play as a 4C; give us PK option and defensive reliability.

One would have hoped Bozak on 4C probably going against other 4th lines would generate some offense; apparently NOT!

That said, even Mitch has been quiet

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
precisely! plus if you wanna trade them you gotta play them. It sucks that Moore has to sit; if Marleau is playing center I'd rather Moore play as a 4C; give us PK option and defensive reliability.

One would have hoped Bozak on 4C probably going against other 4th lines would generate some offense; apparently NOT!

That said, even Mitch has been quiet

I want Mitch away from Bozak so bad!

Reactions: SAMCRO44

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Gardiner cost us 3 of the 5 goals last game, Polak? None.

But I guess you are fine with Gardiner?

Gardiner = Jekyll and Hyde;

when he is good he is very good; when he is bad he is very bad.

Polak hasn't been that good; plus he missed training camp - you don't play Polak when team is struggling. You play Polak when team has momentum and playing well - allow him to ease in.

Borgman Polak pairing was really bad; did you not see Polak take dumb penalties last game; also I think he was the least played D-man; got the least minutes

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
St Louis is great defensively but they have one and a half lines up front. Neuter that Tarasenko-Schwartz line (easier said than done) and they're not going to be scoring many goals.
easier said than done. leafs defense is swiss cheese

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

Polak hasn't been that good; plus he missed training camp - you don't play Polak when team is struggling. You play Polak when team has momentum and playing well - allow him to ease in.

Borgman Polak pairing was really bad; did you not see Polak take dumb penalties last game; also I think he was the least played D-man; got the least minutes

While I agree that Polak needs to be brought in slowly, Gardiner has this idiotic "offense first" mentality. Polak doesn't. He will just chip it out. Gardiner likes to puck watch and allow his man to drift away...(this is the guy who usually ends up scoring) Polak doesn't do this.

Polak is slow though. So I guess Polak is the worse choice to Gardiner? lol.

Gardiner needs to be sat.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

funny how you'll go to bat to defend gardiner by saying he's a Jekyll and Hyde, but refuse to paint JVR with the same brush. and quite frankly gardiner has made far more defensive lapses than JVR.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
funny how you'll go to bat to defend gardiner by saying he's a Jekyll and Hyde, but refuse to paint JVR with the same brush. and quite frankly gardiner has made far more defensive lapses than JVR.

Your obsession for bozak and jvr; is so ridiculous that it is beyond any replies. They both SUCK! Gards figured it out last season and was taking MUCH HARDER MATCH UPS than f***ing Bozo/JVR combo.

I am so sick your of love for these two clowns

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
While I agree that Polak needs to be brought in slowly, Gardiner has this idiotic "offense first" mentality. Polak doesn't. He will just chip it out. Gardiner likes to puck watch and allow his man to drift away...(this is the guy who usually ends up scoring) Polak doesn't do this.

Polak is slow though. So I guess Polak is the worse choice to Gardiner? lol.

Gardiner needs to be sat.

Gardiner started the season very well; it is only in the last 3 to 4 games where he hasn't played well. If Gards had sucked since the beginning I would agree that he needs to be sat.

If Gardiner continues his moronic play for the next few games; he needs to be scratched; until then I would give him some benefit of the doubt due to his play last season and the start he had this season

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Your obsession for bozak and jvr; is so ridiculous that it is beyond any replies. They both SUCK! Gards figured it out last season and was taking MUCH HARDER MATCH UPS than ****ing Bozo/JVR combo.

I am so sick your of love for these two clowns

1. i don't love either
2. I'm not opposed to the team moving them

what pisses me off is people like you, who are hypocritical and will sing the praises of other people after they have a shit f***ing game, but then you go after JVR over the smallest mistake. Sometimes it's not even a mistake but the simple fact that their line gets hemmed in and you start bitching.

JVR and Bozak have been good leafs over the years and people like you f***ing piss me off because you constantly preach the negativity of players. Learn to embrace the positives they've done for the organization. They are what they are, they still produce, they are still important parts of our team. They aren't going anywhere soon.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
1. i don't love either
2. I'm not opposed to the team moving them

what pisses me off is people like you, who are hypocritical and will sing the praises of other people after they have a **** ****ing game, but then you go after JVR over the smallest mistake. Sometimes it's not even a mistake but the simple fact that their line gets hemmed in and you start *****ing.

JVR and Bozak have been good leafs over the years and people like you ****ing piss me off because you constantly preach the negativity of players. Learn to embrace the positives they've done for the organization. They are what they are, they still produce, they are still important parts of our team. They aren't going anywhere soon.

if it pisses you so much then f***ing using the ignore button.

and there you go "JVR and Bozak have been good leafs for over the years" f*** OFF! They have not been good leafs. They both SUCK!

When these two clowns are moved; you can move with them to whatever team they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad