LD Miro Heiskanen - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2017, 3rd, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Actually pleased that Heiskanen shows that even he does mistakes sometimes, gifted the tying goal just now.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Despite scoring a goal, he has had a bad game. 2 terrible turnovers in this game, one lead to a breakaway and other for a goal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Despite scoring a goal, he has had a bad game. 2 terrible turnovers in this game, one lead to a breakaway and other for a goal.

Yeah, overall worst game of the 3 but still impressed as hell overall by his play.

That 3rd goal should have never happened.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Yeah, that turnover for the goal was pretty bad. Seems like an off-game, but they happen. Still showing his transition ability.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Yeah, that turnover for the goal was pretty bad. Seems like an off-game, but they happen. Still showing his transition ability.
Probably the worst game I have seen him play. And even in that game he managed to score a nice goal. But he cost two goals with bad mistakes and almost a third one too. Haven’t seen him ever make so many mistakes in a game. Thankfully they didn’t cost Finland a win though. I’m sure he will bounce back from this right away.

Edit: I need to correct that he after all cost Finland only one goal with his mistakes. But anyway almost cost another sure goal. Just very unusual that he makes even this amount of mistakes. Even this game he was definitely not a tirefire, but just compared to his usual standards it was a bit weak game for him.

Last edited:

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Sucks it wasnt a good game for him but that will happen as an 18 year old at this level. Best thing for him is to bounce back

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Post-game interview of Eeli and Miro was entertaining to watch. They both knew they made an impact in their first 3 games and they also openly said that. Both guys were so relaxed and easy going in that interview.

GM Jere Lehtinen couldn't give vocal answer to the question do they have place in Olympic team roster, but it was evident that Jere was very impressed about their showcases.

TV-commentators hyped Eeli several times during the game noting the obvious: He has tremendous drive to score and to decide and win hockey games.

Eye test was in full agreement about their comments. He truly deserved that GWG. The match could've been easily lot more difficult to Team Canada if those post and bar would've been even an inch off...

Captain of Team Canada helped Finns to win too, duly noted. Rather bad display from the team's captain.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Stars should tell Lehtinen that if he still wants his jersey retired in two weeks, then Heiskanen better make the team.:P

Unfortunately I haven't his phone number, but what I know and I can tell about Jere the GM, it's pretty sure Heiskanen has a place in his future schemes.

Jere couldn't just say anything about that in the TV-interview due apparent team policy, and yet unfinished player evaluations. However, his body language response to the question clearly told the answer.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
y3R8r9R.png

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Dude starts more in the D zone by a decent bit, pretty much doesnt give up shots and generates a crap ton when on offense. God I want him here now

Reactions: Ippenator

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Is he scoring in the NHL?
He would be if he was in the NHL. watch his highlights. He doesnt shoot hard like Chara and doesnt score like a Weber or OEL but his shot is 100% fine. He has taken massive strides since those final scouting reports.

Reactions: Ippenator

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Miro is such a good skater and positions well that he has no trouble getting in close to shoot and then back to cover his on end. A fantastic quality in a player. 7 goals in only 11 games. When has a defender ever started this hot?

vaiski

Dec 27, 2015
Looking at the Stars defense, I think they might be tempted to bring him to the fold already. They probably won't before his season is over in Finland though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad