LD Miro Heiskanen - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2017, 3rd, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Agreed. I doubt Dallas passes on him and i 100% guarantee if he is there that the Avs take him

Far from a guarantee that the Avs take him even if he's available and there's no Duchene trade on the horizon to add the finishing touches to the Avs defensive rebuild. The organization has repeatedly shown a preference for taking forwards at the top of the draft and selecting dmen in the later first/early second.

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
Far from a guarantee that the Avs take him even if he's available and there's no Duchene trade on the horizon to add the finishing touches to the Avs defensive rebuild. The organization has repeatedly shown a preference for taking forwards at the top of the draft and selecting dmen in the later first/early second.

And it works brilliantly :sarcasm:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And it works brilliantly :sarcasm:

*shrug* I was talking about what was likely, not what was smartest.

That said, if the avs can snag a Sergachev or Hanifin for Duchene/Landeskog this summer then the D will be well on its way towards becoming a strength with that guy, Zadorov, Bigras & Boikov/Lindholm on the left; and EJ, Barrie, Meloche, & Mironov/Clurman on the right.

Last edited:

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
The Avs don't have much chemistry in their line up I think it would be best to select a playmaking forward like Mittlestadt who can create some chemistry up front with Mackinnon. The Avs core players don't have anyone to play with. They need that just as much as they need a d-man.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Avs don't have much chemistry in their line up I think it would be best to select a playmaking forward like Mittlestadt who can create some chemistry up front with Mackinnon. The Avs core players don't have anyone to play with. They need that just as much as they need a d-man.

Mackinnon- Rants
Landeskog- Jost

is a pretty good sounding top4 forward core. Forward group needs quality depth but the defense could use a leader to go with that forward core.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
So how did Heiskanen fare at the Combine? He is the best d prospect this year after all.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
So how does he stack up against these guys in their draft years?
Juolevi
Serg
Bean

Noah
Provorov
Werenski

JohnnyHockey

Dec 30, 2013
*Safest.

Makar seems to be the best D prospect in this draft.

I concede he's arguably the best skater among the defensemen this year, but that doesn't make him the best defensive prospect. For starters his system basically let him play as a 4th forward. I'm not as harsh on him for playing in the AJHL, but I need to see more of him defensively shutting people down. Maybe that's my fault for watching bad film, but I have concerns.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I concede he's arguably the best skater among the defensemen this year, but that doesn't make him the best defensive prospect. For starters his system basically let him play as a 4th forward. I'm not as harsh on him for playing in the AJHL, but I need to see more of him defensively shutting people down. Maybe that's my fault for watching bad film, but I have concerns.

Would have to agree. Heiskanen has proven a lot more at a higher level.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So how does he stack up against these guys in their draft years?
Juolevi
Serg
Bean

Noah
Provorov
Werenski

Provorov
Werenski
Chychrun
Sergachev
Heiskanen
Hanifin
Juolevi
Bean

Is my guess at how they stack up a few years down the road.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Finland's woes in their D ranks are gonna be history soon as these fine young men with a defensive and offensive acumen alike keep popping up and coming from left and right . The only problem in Finnish system in a few years will be a nagging lack of quality centres after Barky's name has been called. TT and Seabass Aho have some C in them, especially the latter one but their/his strengths are not in the physical side of the game save for surprisingly feisty board battles of Aho.

The goalie situation is or will be an open question also to some extent after the upcoming generation change in that department. But if guys like Heiskanen et al. keep flourishing it will be only a formal deficiency. A marginal note in chronicles praising the new golden era of hockey Finlandese.

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I think if Dallas goes for need and passes on Vilardi, they are going to regret it down the road.

I do like this guy, but if he is their man, I'd move down 2-5 spots and take one of Miro / Makar / Liljegren / Valimaki / etc who are pretty equal as prospects imo.

Patrick
Hischier

Vilardi

The rest imo.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I think if Dallas goes for need and passes on Vilardi, they are going to regret it down the road.

I do like this guy, but if he is their man, I'd move down 2-5 spots and take one of Miro / Makar / Liljegren / Valimaki / etc who are pretty equal as prospects imo.

Patrick
Hischier

Vilardi

The rest imo.

I doubt Heiskanen falls past Colorado. So if Dallas wants him there is no trading down. Also this is me reading into it far far far too much but Dallas social media only posted 2 interviews. One with a local kid and one with Heiskanen. Coincidence? Probably

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Patrick
Hischier

Vilardi

The rest imo.

Disagree with the bolded.

Heiskanen has #1D potential.
After combine can't even complain about the size(6'1).

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Disagree with the bolded.

Heiskanen has #1D potential.
After combine can't even complain about the size(6'1).

Spezza is getting up there in age, and then who takes his spot? Eakin? I like him, but forward depth is almost as much of an issue for the Stars as their d-core.

I just hate when teams use very high picks on needs and not BPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad