LD Mikhail Sergachev (2016, 9th, MTL; traded to TBL)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ok, guys, do you read the entire post or just one sentence?

I said that it would be a terrible idea. And yes, there are multiple reasons.

I mean there could be a scenario where say Sergachev gets sent down and later Tampa would trade a 2nd rounder for a one-year rental D. That would be a PR NIGHTMARE.

No, you clearly said Tampa loses out by keeping him - we're correcting you.

That bottom sentence makes shows you don't know anything about this team. I have no idea what you're even trying to say.

We wouldn't send him down if he could help us win just to get a draft pick - that's dumb don't even know why that's brought up.

We would only send him down if he sucked these first 9 games and couldn't help the team win, if they acquire a d-man after the fact it would be because Sergachev wasn't good to fill that spot, therefore we'd be filling a hole in the roster - if the 2nd rounder were used in that scenario by coincidence it'd be a non-issue.

Yzerman has never traded for a rental.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

That bottom sentence makes shows you don't know anything about this team. I have no idea what you're even trying to say.

We wouldn't send him down if he could help us win just to get a draft pick - that's dumb don't even know why that's brought up.

We would only send him down if he sucked these first 9 games and couldn't help the team win, if they acquire a d-man after the fact it would be because Sergachev wasn't good to fill that spot, therefore we'd be filling a hole in the roster - if the 2nd rounder were used in that scenario by coincidence it'd be a non-issue.

He's traded for some guys on expiring contracts, but they were re-signed. Not disagreeing, just clarifying.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Let's hope you are right, bacause a year in juniors is absolutely useless at this point for Sergachev.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The good ol' 9th game tonight... Id imagine he will stick past the 9 game mark but you never know

ItalianCanuck1

Italian Canuck
Mar 8, 2016
Italy
And the Canucks picked Juolevi.
Certainly being in a great organization with great players helps but the guy is reaaally good.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Glad he is doing well. Loved him at the draft, was very skeptical last year, but he has crazy potential.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Im sure its pretty obvious, but its official that he is staying past the 9 game mark. He will be playing his 10th game tonight.

IMO there was no doubt... He has been absolutely unreal

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Alright nuck fans I know we like Vancouver to be relevant to everything, but lets try to keep the whining about Juolevi in the Juolevi thread.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I feel like he's being over hyped.

He's been solid, but one of the big reasons behind that is he's seeing sheltered minutes and is being babysat by Stralman for the majority of his shifts.

We're really happy with how he's coming along, but his point total is giving people the wrong idea.

He's been steady and dynamic when required and continues to progress, that is all we expected and we're happy.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He is doing 1 million times better than I thought he would be doing so far

TheNorth86

Nov 15, 2016
He was our best defender last night by far. Consistently makes a perfect pass out of the d-zone or can just rush it up himself. He made one play where skated right through the Carolina defense and nearly got another goal. Kid is going to be an absolute stud.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I feel like he's being over hyped.

He's been solid, but one of the big reasons behind that is he's seeing sheltered minutes and is being babysat by Stralman for the majority of his shifts.

We're really happy with how he's coming along, but his point total is giving people the wrong idea.

He's been steady and dynamic when required and continues to progress, that is all we expected and we're happy.

Agreed, though he's getting better with every game. Yesterday he was fantastic... like.. he looked like a real top-4 guy. Sky is the limit.

Reactions: Callum

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Everyone knew Tampa was already pretty good but when you add in guys like Sergachev and his junior production just follows him into the NHL it’s pretty obvious why their record is so good right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad