LD Mikhail Sergachev (2016, 9th, MTL; traded to TBL)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Kid impresses me more with each game. If I could point to players as a reason why the Lightning are as good as they are (without naming Kucherov/Stamkos). Point, Gourde, Vasilevskiy all guys that are difference makers for us. But Sergachev has really been a great addition for this team. He was exactly what the team needed. However I wasn’t expecting him to be able to do what he’s doing now at 19. If we get this play for the rest of his career I would make this trade over and over again and add something nice too. He’s getting better every game though and will develop into a star for years for us.

Reactions: Richardbro

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Still can't believe mtl traded a potential elite number 1 for a soft top 6 play maker

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I feel like a broken record on this kid. Was pumping his tires as a possible Jets pick at 6 before we won 2nd in the lotto.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
upload_2017-12-10_19-53-59.png

upload_2017-12-10_19-54-19.png

This is just crazy so far.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I knew what he was when we traded him...would not give drouin back...one player is a on the best team in the league, the other is on quite literally one of there worst right now...and been injured. if you think sergachev would have these numbers in montreal, and drouins not gonna be a superstar, you're drunk lol....wouldn't give drouin back...hes my favourite player... Ive wanted him since he was a moosehead...i watched him live...he's special.....all the trolls come out to pile on montreal simply because they hate montreal. everyone who's not a habs fan hates the habs...patriots, yankees..etc what can ya do lol

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I knew what he was when we traded him...would not give drouin back...one player is a on the best team in the league, the other is on quite literally one of there worst right now...and been injured. if you think sergachev would have these numbers in montreal, and drouins not gonna be a superstar, you're drunk lol....wouldn't give drouin back...hes my favourite player... Ive wanted him since he was a moosehead...i watched him live...he's special.....all the trolls come out to pile on montreal simply because they hate montreal. everyone who's not a habs fan hates the habs...patriots, yankees..etc what can ya do lol

Is this what denial looks like?

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Sergachev is for real. Drouin is a very good player BUT Sergachev is a potential #1 Dman. You have to admire Steve Yzerman!

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB

:biglaugh:

Sorry to break it to ya but your favourite player is not, nor ever will be, a superstar. Every top 5 pick looked like a superstar in junior, yes, even Galchenyuk. Am i drunk for not thinking he'll be a superstar too?

Here's a rule of thumb: Do NOT trade with Steve Yzerman. Bolts win this trade big. Sergachev looks like the real deal. Now theres a superstar in the making

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Its not just Habs haters coming out saying stuff about the trade...Im not a fan of either team(dont mind both but also dont hate both) but IMO Tampa easily won this trade. I knew Sergachev would become a very good player but am in shock how good he is already.

I would imagine many non fans of both teams would agree with me that they would rather have Sergachev anyday.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I love the Sergachev would never have done it in Montreal excuse to defend Bergevins decision to trade him. It's his job to not make the team a development hell hole too. Tampa is going to have an elite 1-2 on defense and forward for many years to come.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Sergachev is the type of prospect that almost never gets traded. You know that a player like him is going to be special whether it takes one year or a few to get there so teams hang on to them and are rarely disappointed. The surprise with Sergachev is that he's already showing his elite skill as a 19 year old rookie defenseman. I'm excited to see what he's going to become in another couple of seasons when he gains even more experience and confidence. He's already shown clear progress in just these first two months.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Sergachev is the type of prospect that almost never gets traded. You know that a player like him is going to be special whether it takes one year or a few to get there so teams hang on to them and are rarely disappointed. The surprise with Sergachev is that he's already showing his elite skill as a 19 year old rookie defenseman. I'm excited to see what he's going to become in another couple of seasons when he gains even more experience and confidence. He's already shown clear progress in just these first two months.
And if the cap goes up significantly Yzerman will be having a dominant roster without even making more moves now, even if Kucherov finally gets payed.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Good luck drafting a #1 D-man(or have you already accepted your fate with Dahlin?). Meanwhile teams will bulk up on top notch wingers easily.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
We knew Sergachev was very good when we traded him but we don't have Drouin if we dont give Sergachev.
Drouin isn't and never was the kind of player that Montreal was missing. Another soft winger who won't be able to lead the team anywhere.

Sergachev, as a stud #1 offensively gifted PMD sure as hell is and was, and Montreal will rue the trade for a long time to come.

Imagine trading McDonagh, Subban, and Sergachev away in the span of about ten years, letting Markov walk as a free agent even though he didn't want to go, and being left with a defence corps featuring Karl Azner locked up for the next five years. Insane. Just bloody insane :ha:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Good thing serg came over to NA so he could be the player he is today
How much time did he spent in NA minors? He spent time with our school which I would never claim credit for, because he is a Nizhnekamsk kid and Nizhenkamsk and Vityaz product. Good thing the OHL hasn't ruined him.

Know back to knowledgeable posters who care more aout actual hockey than your puny attemptsof what exactly?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Drouin isn't and never was the kind of player that Montreal was missing. Another soft winger who won't be able to lead the team anywhere.

Sergachev, as a stud #1 offensively gifted PMD sure as hell is and was, and Montreal will rue the trade for a long time to come.

Imagine trading McDonagh, Subban, and Sergachev away in the span of about ten years, letting Markov walk as a free agent even though he didn't want to go, and being left with a defence corps featuring Karl Azner locked up for the next five years. Insane. Just bloody insane :ha:

Montreal can't score. We are lacking skilled forward and Drouin is a good one. I wouldn't be so quick to judge a 22 yrs old offensive talent as a "soft winger who won't be able to lead his team anywhere"...

It's not like we didn't get anything back in the Subban and Sergachev trades. As for Markov, that's pushing a little bit. The guy is 39 years old and wanted a salary inscrease. Good thing we let him walked away, we need cap space.

Last edited:

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Montreal can't score. They are lacking skilled forward and Drouin is one of them.

It's not like we didn't get anything back in the Subban et Sergachev trade. As for Markov, that's pushing a little bit. The guy is 39 years old and wanted a salary inscrease. Good thing we let him walked away, we need cap space.

Maybe if Montreal had defensemen who can actually skate and pass, the mediocre forward group would look a lot better, and they might be a playoff team right now.

Bar none, a d-core featuring McDonagh, Subban, and Sergachev would be the best in the league right now. Scary to think what could've been for the Habs in that regard.

Oh well though, guess it's almost time for them to trade Galchenyuk for Eric Staal.

Reactions: optimus2861

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->