LD Mikhail Sergachev (2016, 9th, MTL; traded to TBL)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't know if he's going to make the team out of camp or not (hope he does, but only if he's ready, and if he doesn't that's fine too). But a game like his, reliant on skating, passing and rushing...

I hope he pays a lot of attention to a couple of other guys on our squad during training camp. Watching Hedman and Stralman and how they think and play the game should do wonders for this kid's development.

JonnyCanuck604

Oct 28, 2016
actually he was maybe the 10 % that posted in a is Gudbranson a bust thread that was posted when he was still a Panther, and he mentioned he thought Gudbranson plays like a bottom 6 dman.

everyone else was saying he is a top 4 dman. this was 6 months before Canucks traded for him.

So his scouting is quite reliable, i also personally didn't think he was that good during the OHL playoffs. Decision making skills need work. Right now he is a big boy in a kids a league type of where he is probably bigger then 85% of the players in the league, so he is kinda getting away with running smaller guys around.

He won't have this luxury when he makes the next step, he won't be bigger then 85% of the guys make 55%, so what make him effective in the OHL might not be as easy at the NHL

Haps win trade rather quite badly.
I agree Serg is way overrated. Using gudds season in Van last year as a marker for the type of player he is is ********. He only played 3o games and in those 30 Ben Hutton was on constant brain cramp mode. How bout the fact guddy played the most minutes for Florida in the playoffs on A team that had A pretty good top 4. or the fact Mitchell and A few others took to Twitter to complain about losing him.
I would say that speaks more to the kind of player he is.

JonnyCanuck604

Oct 28, 2016
No not joking. Go over to our board. Some people question his hockey sense and work ethic. They want to trade him now before he inevitably fails.
Lightning have the bust now. funny how fast you hab posters changed your tune once he was traded 2 face beaches. But that's ok because he is overrated he played on A stacked team 1st line pairing top pp mins yet his ppg barely wen't up and his D game was terrible. Olli on the other hand.Lost all his firepowerer., was put on the 2nd pairing for defensive reasonings and to spread out their scoring. Yet he put up more points and his D play was outstanding.

To all the haters he had one weakness. he was a little small. well he just cracked 200 pounds There was A reason he was taken 5th and it wasn;t off the board either. So don't try asnd blame JB he went 5th because he was the best all around D in the draft.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Already miss Sergachev, you guys got a heck of a prospect and I always thought he has Norris potential. Saw him at the prospect camp last year he was barely 18 and was by far the best player on the ice. Never saw a prospect that good in Montreal.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Sergachev looks to at least be getting his 9 games, and based on skate lines will be playing in the top 4 with Stralman.

Reactions: TimeZone

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Sergachev has been playing some good hockey. He should stay beyond the nine games. Cooper is managing his ice time well.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ill be extremely curious what happens with him this year. Hasnt really played many mins each game but yesterday he got more mins and some PP time and looked good. 9 games is very close so we will see soon

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
Ill be extremely curious what happens with him this year. Hasnt really played many mins each game but yesterday he got more mins and some PP time and looked good. 9 games is very close so we will see soon
I believe the 9 game mark is only relevant for his D+1 season since thats the only year they have that option so the contract year isn't counted. Someone can correct me though if i'm wrong.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I believe the 9 game mark is only relevant for his D+1 season since thats the only year they have that option so the contract year isn't counted. Someone can correct me though if i'm wrong.

No its NHL or junior for him again this year. The 9 game rule is in effect here again.....

Entry Level Contract Rules

Another key decision point will be Sergachev’s ninth NHL game. Sergachev, 19, is under the entry-level slide rule. If sent back to juniors before he plays 10 NHL games, his entry-level deal would slide and he would still have three years remaining on the deal. Once he plays his tenth game, the Lightning would use the first year of the contract. Last season, Sergachev played three games for the Canadiens in October, as well as a fourth game at the end of the regular season.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I could be wrong, but I think Lightning will have to surrender a pick if he stays in NHL.

I hope he stays, he should be playing against men, not boys.

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
There needs to be exceptions to that rule. A year in junior is a long time when he looks at least AHL ready and can learn the pro game

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
The rule shouldn't exist at all. CHL is afraid of losing their talent, but NHL teams don't just randomly send players to AHL.

There are only so many spots on AHL rosters and there are 20+ year-old prospects and try-out vets that need their spots.

It's not like it would be a mass exodus if they got rid of that rule.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Good for him, I hope he sticks with the team for the whole year. He has a ton of potential.

My only problem with him is his number choice. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad