LD Mikhail Sergachev (2016, 9th, MTL; traded to TBL)

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
No its NHL or junior for him again this year. The 9 game rule is in effect here again.....

Entry Level Contract Rules

Another key decision point will be Sergachev’s ninth NHL game. Sergachev, 19, is under the entry-level slide rule. If sent back to juniors before he plays 10 NHL games, his entry-level deal would slide and he would still have three years remaining on the deal. Once he plays his tenth game, the Lightning would use the first year of the contract. Last season, Sergachev played three games for the Canadiens in October, as well as a fourth game at the end of the regular season.
I stand corrected, how many years does that rule apply?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I stand corrected, how many years does that rule apply?

well its NHL or junior for him this year cause he is only 19 and then next season he will be eligible to play in AHL and can have a NHL/AHL back and forth type season if need be. IMO he is showing enough now though to stick with Tampa for the year so we will see!

Its basically no difference than what we are seeing with Dylan Strome this year(junior for 2 years after draft and now in AHL) and with Max Domi a few years back how he played 2 seasons in junior after and also Mathew Barzal.... there are a lot of guys that go back to junior for 2 seasons which holds off on their ELC from starting. So if Sergachev gets returned to OHL before he plays his 10th game, his ELC wont start till next season when he is back in Tampa or AHL

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
well its NHL or junior for him this year cause he is only 19 and then next season he will be eligible to play in AHL and can have a NHL/AHL back and forth type season if need be. IMO he is showing enough now though to stick with Tampa for the year so we will see!

Its basically no difference than what we are seeing with Dylan Strome this year(junior for 2 years after draft and now in AHL) and with Max Domi a few years back how he played 2 seasons in junior after and also Mathew Barzal.... there are a lot of guys that go back to junior for 2 seasons which holds off on their ELC from starting. So if Sergachev gets returned to OHL before he plays his 10th game, his ELC wont start till next season when he is back in Tampa or AHL

1 goal, 4 assists so far so looks like he is staying in the show.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
2 goals now.

Eventually the Russians will just have to agree that we develop their blueliners better then they do.

Yep, 2 years versus 10 years. You developed him. Take the badge.

When again you want to start giving back for robbing us of our best propects and players?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
WOW.

I mean the scoring is impressive, but what makes his play 100x more impressive is he is playing Girardi while doing this.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He's a damn fun player. He has almost completely eliminated the mistakes he was making earlier on. His improvement has been tremendous.

He's also very good on the power play.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This might be better suited in the fantasy hockey threads but.. will Serg provide any hits/blocks/high SOG/PPP?
Not sure about the first 3 but he should put up PPP from Tampa's second unit (and some PP ice time with Kuch and Stammer).

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Safe to say he will stay with Tampa all year
It's interesting because Tampa actually losses out by keeping him in NHL, as they would get Habs' 2nd round pick if they send him to CHL.

They might still do that, but I doubt it. It's a terrible idea to send a NHL-ready, potentially elite young player down to Juniors.

Whatever else he has left to learn, he can only learn in NHL.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It's interesting because Tampa actually losses out by keeping him in NHL, as they would get Habs' 2nd round pick if they send him to CHL.

They might still do that, but I doubt it. It's a terrible idea to send a NHL-ready, potentially elite young player down to Juniors.
We would lose out by not icing the best roster we could. It'd be one thing if we were rebuilding or something to stockpile picks, but our prospect cupboards are filled to the brim, we have all of our picks next year (except maybe a later round pick from one of those trades - we may not have a sixth?), and we have a glaring need for a LHD who can move the puck alongside Stralman.

I know this is HF and picks and prospects rule all, but we're a better team with Sergachev on the ice.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Whatever else he has left to learn, he can only learn in NHL.

Huh? How do we lose out?
The only reason we would keep him is if he's increasing their chances at winning - that's not nothing.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Ok, guys, do you read the entire post or just one sentence?

I said that it would be a terrible idea. And yes, there are multiple reasons.

I mean there could be a scenario where say Sergachev gets sent down and later Tampa would trade a 2nd rounder for a one-year rental D. That would be a PR NIGHTMARE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->