LD Mikhail Sergachev (2016, 9th, MTL; traded to TBL)

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Agreed, though he's getting better with every game. Yesterday he was fantastic... like.. he looked like a real top-4 guy. Sky is the limit.
He looked outstanding yesterday, really looks like he belongs.

Such an ideal situation for the young man though, being babied into the league with one of the most consistent steady RHD in the league in Stralman,

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This kid is such a stud. Offensively obviously he is exploding, but man he's good all over the ice. Some occasional rookie mistakes, but as far as fundamentals go, this guy has the tools and the brains to be a great player in this league.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Isn't Drouin leading Habs in scoring? I get that Bergevin would look better if Sergachyov wasn't actually this good but not like he was traded for some magic beans. Or for Griffin Reinhardt.

Reactions: supermann_98

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Him and Girard on the Avs are gonna have an unreal career.. Crazy they are still so young and were just drafted in 2016. Love seeing young dmen excel so quickly

Serg, mcavoy, girard and a few other dmen that will surely excel aswell... Some real solid dmen in 2016 draft

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Isn't Drouin leading Habs in scoring? I get that Bergevin would look better if Sergachyov wasn't actually this good but not like he was traded for some magic beans. Or for Griffin Reinhardt.

I've watched Sergachev play and he certainly hasn't looked good defensively.. but i get that he's only 19. He's getting super sheltered minutes, he's a stud offensively but everyone knew that.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I've watched Sergachev play and he certainly hasn't looked good defensively.. but i get that he's only 19. He's getting super sheltered minutes, he's a stud offensively but everyone knew that.
He's looked pretty good defensively to me. Solid on the wall. Solid positionally. Biggest negative is he overcommits sometimes and could use a bit more muscle (both of which are to be expected at 19).

He's also shockingly good at defending the rush.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
He's looked pretty good defensively to me. Solid on the wall. Solid positionally. Biggest negative is he overcommits sometimes and could use a bit more muscle (both of which are to be expected at 19).

He's also shockingly good at defending the rush.
Yeah he is definitely being sheltered, but I think he has looked good on defense. Rookie mistakes sure, but not nearly as much as I anticipated.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
You can tell he's growing more confident each game. Hitting with authority, a little less hesitation, making smarter plays.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Montreal wouldn't have been able to support Sergachev like the stacked Lightning lineup can.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
We knew Sergachev was very good when we traded him but we don't have Drouin if we dont give Sergachev.

I'm pretty sure that Bergevin tried to give Juulsen or another young defenseman instead of Sergachev.

At least Drouin is 22 yeard old. This isn't another Gomez type of trade,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad