Confirmed with Link: Lazar and Kostka for Jokipakka and a 2nd

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
He doesn't have the IQ needed to play at an NHL level. Maybe Calgary can perform a miracle but I'm pretty surprised we managed to land a 2nd.

Lazar was total ass for us and everyone in the NHL knew it.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
You know Lazar could be still the property of the Sens if they just kept him in the AHL. Another example of the orgs lack of asset management.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Needs to be waived to be sent down and is definitely not better than our top 13 forwards right now, especially considering White will be coming up in a couple weeks.It was realistically either trading him or losing him on waivers.

No need for waivers this year. You can keep as many players as you want with the big club. Lazar said he was willing to sit in the stands and wait his turn if he had to.

Do you know how many 1 way forwards the Sens have signed for next year? It's 9 and that includes Pageau as an RFA and Borrows new deal.

Even if they choose to re-sign Pyatt that makes it 10. It still remains to be seen if Boucher will tolerate White if he doesn't play like a seasoned vet next year. He wants to win and won't play a kid unless he earns it. White could find himself in the AHL faster than you can say Jack!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
You know Lazar could be still the property of the Sens if they just kept him in the AHL. Another example of the orgs lack of asset management.

Yep. Everyone is really happy getting a 2nd for him, but I have to wonder how much his value was diminished by calling him up before he was ready, ending his waiver wire protection and playing him beside Kelly and Neil on the 4th line for 30 dismal games.

Maybe Dorion could have even got that 1st round pick he was hoping for.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I honestly think Lazar is better suited for the Western Conference anyways. It might have been last season or the season before when we played the Kings in LA and he was a force out there, he was hammering guys left and right with a smile on his face and I remember thinking to myself if he could play like this for like 70-80% of the season this would be incredible for Ottawa.

Unfortunately it just wasn't working for him here and I'm not sure if it ever would have. He's still very young though. He could easily figure it out and be an impact player in this league for next 15-16 years if things go well for him.

He's still so young, Makes me wonder why Murray wanted to bring him up into the big leagues so quickly at age 19 or 20. He wasn't going to have some Crosby or Mackinnon type of impact on the organization so it seems kind of pointless but it is what it is

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

Ya they tried him in the AHL, he didn't score, they put him with the World Jrs, he didn't score. They brought him back, he didn't score.Getting a 2nd & a rental is great.

It was time, he knew it and the SENS org knew it, and most of us knew it. :teach:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
like ok mono effects you negatively and chances are you have a slightly worse season but it doesnt mean you go from 15-20 points down to one lmao

what a joke, enjoy playing with chiasson

Actually, he could be replacing Chia in the lineup. What an upgrade!

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Pakka wasn't really part of the trade for Lazar. The Sens wanted a depth D and he had been waived but the Sens didn't pick him up for nothing because they wanted CGY to take a contract back. Kostka's is like them taking back 35% of Pakka's salary. Money is still an issue in Sens land.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
I like this deal. There's no way Vegas would have been baited to take Lazar over one of our D, especially after sitting potentially the remainder of the season. As well, I did not see him turning it around here. This is for the best for all parties.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I honestly think Lazar is better suited for the Western Conference anyways. It might have been last season or the season before when we played the Kings in LA and he was a force out there, he was hammering guys left and right with a smile on his face and I remember thinking to myself if he could play like this for like 70-80% of the season this would be incredible for Ottawa.

Unfortunately it just wasn't working for him here and I'm not sure if it ever would have. He's still very young though. He could easily figure it out and be an impact player in this league for next 15-16 years if things go well for him.

He's still so young, Makes me wonder why Murray wanted to bring him up into the big leagues so quickly at age 19 or 20. He wasn't going to have some Crosby or Mackinnon type of impact on the organization so it seems kind of pointless but it is what it is

Why would playing in the east make it harder to hit everything? Is the west that much slower and easier to keep up with? I mean if he's successful by hitting everything on the forcheck against LA why would he not be successful hitting everything that moves against Montreal, Toronto, Florida, etc.??

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Wasn't Jokipakka placed on waivers yesterday or the day before? 147 games in the NHL and that is largely because of the Stars not having anyone better at the time and the Flames giving him a fair shot after the Russell trade.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Dammit. Really wanted Lazar to stick. He will eventually turn into a really good 3rd liner, with the potential for 2nd line C of a wrecking-ball kind. I still see him reaching a Shane Doan-like potential.

He never had strong puck-handling skills, but it is a skill that can be developed to some degree as long as you have the athleticism.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Pakka wasn't really part of the trade for Lazar. The Sens wanted a depth D and he had been waived but the Sens didn't pick him up for nothing because they wanted CGY to take a contract back. Kostka's is like them taking back 35% of Pakka's salary. Money is still an issue in Sens land.

Yes, it definitly appears to be the case. Not surprised by this.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wasn't Jokipakka placed on waivers yesterday or the day before? 147 games in the NHL and that is largely because of the Stars not having anyone better at the time and the Flames giving him a fair shot after the Russell trade.

Something like that. Doesn't matter much though. He's a throw in at this point. Probably 8th on the depth chart behind Claesson. Anything positive out of Jokipakka is a bonus but not really an expectation. The story here is Lazar for a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00