Confirmed with Link: Lazar and Kostka for Jokipakka and a 2nd

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Picks and prospect are so overrated on these boards it's crazy. People still not getting over Dahlen.

So many prospects don't make it and there are just so many roster spots. We have White Brown Chlapik coming up up front. I think people exaggerate on some deals to be honest. Was the value fine? No Dahlen's value was better than that but this one is a fine deal and VS24 was a good deal too.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Was hoping the Sens could pick up a 5th or 6th Dman. I think we going to have trouble if we make the playoffs with Borowiecki, wideman, Ceci.... I guess Kulikov and Franson were too expensive. :(

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011

Here is my favorite excerpt. So sad...

"The bottom line is that Jokipakka's is a detriment for a variety of a different reasons. His numbers are worse than replacement level, he's bad even by the Flames standards, they have better options to work with, he drags his pairing down, and he keeps the team from being able to ice an optimal lineup. There isn't any use keeping him around.

Jokipakka isn't all that young by NHL standards and he doesn't have a lot of ceiling. He's 25 years old and this is an individual who was selected in the seventh round five drafts ago. If he hasn't peaked, he's very close to doing so and what limited ceiling is there screams out that he isn't good enough to have a permanent home in the NHL."

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Was hoping the Sens could pick up a 5th or 6th Dman. I think we going to have trouble if we make the playoffs with Borowiecki, wideman, Ceci.... I guess Kulikov and Franson were too expensive. :(

Sens Left Dmen in order

Methot/Phaneuf
Methot/Phaneuf
Cleasson
Jokipakka

Boro

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Probably Dorion's best move so far. Either that or Condon have both been A+ moves.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Here is my favorite excerpt. So sad...

"The bottom line is that Jokipakka's is a detriment for a variety of a different reasons. His numbers are worse than replacement level, he's bad even by the Flames standards, they have better options to work with, he drags his pairing down, and he keeps the team from being able to ice an optimal lineup. There isn't any use keeping him around.

Jokipakka isn't all that young by NHL standards and he doesn't have a lot of ceiling. He's 25 years old and this is an individual who was selected in the seventh round five drafts ago. If he hasn't peaked, he's very close to doing so and what limited ceiling is there screams out that he isn't good enough to have a permanent home in the NHL."
Was this about Jokipakka or Boro? :sarcasm:

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Wonder if Dorion will package the 2nd with our 1st this year to move up at the draft and try to get a 10-15 pick range to get someone they like if it's really considered that weak..

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Jokipakka? hmm?? oh I know....isn't he a character on the Teletubbies?

At least Dorion can pretend he stuck to his word and didn't trade Lazar for a 2nd :sarcasm:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Jokipakka has potential to be a solid #5. When he was acquired, he did really well for the Flames, and many of us were speculating he might be on the 2nd pairing wit Brodie. The Jokipakka we saw this year was a disappointment, but I don't think that's what you should expect. I think a change of scenery will do both himself and Lazar a lot of good.

By the way, his nickname is Kevin.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Good question. Only thing I can think of is Van did not want Lazar or Dorion thought he could get more for Lazar

Because if Vancouver is buying a lottery ticket they wanted the potential payout to be as big as possible. Lazar is spending $2 on a ticket hoping to win $50.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Jokipakka is decent but don't expect much. The 2nd was the highlight piece as Joki cleared waivers yesterday.

Let's hope he doesn't injure a player in your practice like Seiloff did or we will never trade again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad