A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Since nobody has posted it yet.

JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
At what point does the coaching staff realize that by taking Heatley off the first line he becomes completely ineffective. The only way he is going to be successful and for us to get use out of him is putting him back with Koivu and Parise where he belongs.

Since Coyle has been on that line Coyle has how many points?? Heatley has how many points?? I don't care if Coyle has looked good this is about a team that has completely struggled offensively. The only way we get anything out of Heatley is on that top line and PP. Otherwise you may as well scratch him.

Granlund looked great again..he's figuring out the NHL game..soon enough he will contribute with points on the board.

Also Seto impressed me for the 4th straight game.

Brodin is a beast and Suter looked better.

Greasy, Grimy, Gross win. But no complaints. Beat Vancouver tomorrow and that'd be one hell of an accomplishment. Hopefully some offense shows up.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
At what point does the coaching staff realize that by taking Heatley off the first line he becomes completely ineffective. The only way he is going to be successful and for us to get use out of him is putting him back with Koivu and Parise where he belongs.

I agree. He has lost something big time and that line in general is off.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I like heater on the second line. i didn't see Coyle in as favorable light as most of the people on here his first couple games but overall I still think our top two lines haven't looked any more dangerous at any other point this year. I mean in aggregate--either it was one or the other. Both are getting chances now.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
I've liked Coyle's game, he drew that penatly in the first and I think like Granlund he'll get there, I'm willing to give these guys some more time on their respective lines.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I thought Granlund had a tremendous game. Set up Heater and Seto plenty of times, neither could bury.

Suter looked like a pile of crap. Granlund gave him that nice feed in the OT and he waited and shot it into the Calgary forward. That was some Stoner crap right there.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
I thought Granlund had a tremendous game. Set up Heater and Seto plenty of times, neither could bury.

Suter looked like a pile of crap. Granlund gave him that nice feed in the OT and he waited and shot it into the Calgary forward. That was some Stoner crap right there.

Suter looked like crap? :lol: Granlund was pretty much neutralized throughout most of the game. The one great pass he did have amounted to nothing as Suter wasn't ready to shoot. Granlund had few other moments on the boards but outstanding?!?! :lol:

It must be opposite day where you're at. You have your adjectives switched around.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
Some notes from todays game:

- I'm not that impressed with Coyle.didn't make any difference in the first line, just put Heatley back in the first line. He's best utilized there
- What's up with Parise? Didn't see him hustling in his typical fashion.
- again very solid game from Brodin, he looks lke a veteran out there. Man I love that guy, even tho' he's a swede!
- Granlund's getting there, some nice plays again but ineffective in the corners.
- After losing all hope in Cullen after the first games, he's gotten much better.
- goals are increadibly hard to come by for this team but at least we got the win here and thats all that matters.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Suter looked like crap? :lol: Granlund was pretty much neutralized throughout most of the game. The one great pass he did have amounted to nothing as Suter wasn't ready to shoot. Granlund had few other moments on the boards but outstanding?!?! :lol:

It must be opposite day where you're at. You have your adjectives switched around.

Yes, Suter making extremely questionable decisions on the defensive end. Terrible on the PP. Couldn't take a shot to save his life. Yes, terrible.

There were at least 4 opportunities in which Granlund gave others to score within 12 feet of the end. They either couldn't get a shot or couldn't handle the pass. Yes, he looked absolutely outstanding. He even won some battles on the boards. He looked pretty damn good. If he had someone that can score than this is a different story.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Some notes from todays game:

- I'm not that impressed with Coyle.didn't make any difference in the first line, just put Heatley back in the first line. He's best utilized there
- What's up with Parise? Didn't see him hustling in his typical fashion.
- again very solid game from Brodin, he looks lke a veteran out there. Man I love that guy, even tho' he's a swede!
- Granlund's getting there, some nice plays again but ineffective in the corners.
- After losing all hope in Cullen after the first games, he's gotten much better.
- goals are increadibly hard to come by for this team but at least we got the win here and thats all that matters.

Disagree Granlund won more battles than anyone tonight ...

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I really like how Granlund has been moving his feet lately. He is looking much faster and up to speed with the game the past two games. Still getting out muscled down low, but that isn't going change. He just has to keep his feet moving in the offensive zone and not slow the game down as much as he is used to. He is definitely making improvement though. Good job and I hope he continues to learn and adapt to the new level of play he is facing. Very encouraging.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I really like how Granlund has been moving his feet lately. He is looking much faster and up to speed with the game the past two games. Still getting out muscled down low, but that isn't going change. He just has to keep his feet moving in the offensive zone and not slow the game down as much as he is used to. He is definitely making improvement though. Good job and I hope he continues to learn and adapt to the new level of play he is facing. Very encouraging.

Again, disagree...he won more battles and held onto the puck more effectively down low than anyone tonight and it wasnt that close.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00