GDT: LAME DAY THREAD: 11 Feb 2013 - Wild @ Flames - FSN+ - 8PM

Billy Mays Here*

Suter really starting to contribute offensively and look more comfortable out there. Must've stolen Parise's mojo.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
if i wrote that Wendys commercial, the dialog would go:
Wendy "What's your bag say."
Guy who doesn't have Wendys food, peering intently at bag "It says you should shut the **** up before something unfortunate happens."

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
WTG, Backstrom. Job well done in the shootout. Surprised the #@$! out of me.

IMO, Wild have nothing to lose against the Canucks. Nobody in their right mind would look at the stats and think that this team is capable of winning in Vancouver right now. And with zero expectations, that could make them VERY dangerous people. They need to realize that and turn this next game into a "statement" game. I don't care if you lose. Just leave it all out on the ice. Score some #@$!ing goals. Luongo is in net. Pretend you're in St. Paul.

I don't mind giving up a point to a bottom dweller like Calgary this year, and thrilled to get the two points. Amazingly enough to there were still a number of good things tonight.

I thought Granlund was very good tonight, Setoguchi was incredible again tonight. Brodziak's line played back to back good games, but we're going to need a whole heck of a lot more then that on most nights moving forward to get wins. Got to get these excrutiating wins while the boys still get everything sorted out in the meantime.

OpRedDawn*

goalie knew koivu was gonna go backhand.... and mikko countered dat

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
A win is a win, but our offense really needs to get out of neutral already. We can't expect to keep taking teams to OT tied 1-1. Our offense has a lot more power than it had last year, the problem is that our execution thus far this season has been in some ways worse than when we were in the death slump last season.

Sorry for being the bob bummer here.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
They just said Zach played super sick last game. I called that. You could see it on his face, he looked so tired like he was forcing his eyes to even stay open. Tonight he had to still be recovering. Man, I was sick for two weeks with the flu before I had my strength totally back. He played actively sick last game. His move in the shoot out tonight was amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad