Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NYR] Brendan Lemieux for 2021 4th round pick

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I think almost all of the haters are highly political people that think he's an easy target to vent their frustrations about his political preferences because he's a below-average NHL'er, he is very outspoken, and he occasionally crosses the line on the ice.
Damn, with that kind of a victim complex you should be filing papers to run for congress.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

This man outrun a defender and sniped the puck into the upper corner.
This is a skill all of our top line vets don't have.
He also puts fear into the other teams and forces them to take penalties.

If that means he punches a staff member into the balls, so be it.
I would prefer Todd M. and instead before Christmas, before every weekend

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
You are proving my point. There is no actual former teammate that is going on the record saying this. If it was so clear, why wouldn’t someone?

So I guess when Hustler says he's heard from True North that he was a hated teammate and that's why he was traded he's lying/wrong.

People who have seen it with their own eyes are lying/wrong.

The person who spoke with the medical staff of teams he played for is wrong/lying.

Members of the media that have reported friction with his teammates are wrong/lying.

People who has witnessed in live games are wrong/lying.

No fomer teammate has officially said Evander Kane was a locker room problem in Winnipeg either Players often take the high road. Following your logic, Kane was well liked in wpg

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't doubt Lemieux was disliked but good grief man does Winnipeg ever shut the f*** up about what players are liked and disliked in their org? You could rank everyone that's passed through 1-10 with how much their air out their dirty laundry, everyone from random low level coffee runners to radio hosts could tell you how much corn was in their crap from the night before.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
So I guess when Hustler says he's heard from True North that he was a hated teammate and that's why he was traded he's lying/wrong.

People who have seen it with their own eyes are lying/wrong.

The person who spoke with the medical staff of teams he played for is wrong/lying.

Members of the media that have reported friction with his teammates are wrong/lying.

People who has witnessed in live games are wring/lying.

No fomer teammate has officially said Evander Kane was a locker room problem in Winnipeg either Players often take the high road. Following your logic, Kane was well liked in wpg

Jonathan Quick, who is a Kings player says that he like Lemieux as well as the other players.
They also take him over that crying Brady kid.
I take Quicks word over those weirdos in Canada

Reactions: deaderhead28

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Why would a former team mate come out and public insert themselves into a situation that's none of their business?

Either:

1.) You're currently team mates with Brendan Lemiuex, and you go to bat for him no matter what because trash talking current team mates is a cardinal sin in hockey.
2.) You're former team mates with Brendan Lemieux, in which case you don't care because he's someone else's problem now and there's no reason to get involved with an incident not involving you or your current team.

If a former juniors/minors team mate who is no longer active in hockey and they tried to say anything, he'd be painted as "jealous" or "blaming someone else for not making it".

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Jonathan Quick, who is a Kings player says that he like Lemieux as well as the other players.
They also take him over that crying Brady kid.
I take Quicks word over those weirdos in Canada

You would turn down a Brady Tkachuk for Lemieux trade?

Brady> Mathew. Would love Brady in LA.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Most of the people that claim he’s a horrible person dislike his politics. That’s what that means in most cases.

Here's what I think is true: Lots of players have sympathies for his politics but his politics aren't surprising for a guy of his ilk. Still, that's not what causes him to be such a controversial player. I think his politics are a product of his temperament instead of the opposite.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Lemieux scores the same amount of goals for half the salary and gets under the skin
of opponents.
But it's also not me who said Lemieux over Tkachuk, it was Quick
Of course a teammate would say that…

but sure, Lemieux is totally keeping you in 6th place in the division. 4 of his 5 points are in losses, so you can’t even argue he’s helping win games.

Reactions: The Expert and YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Of course a teammate would say that…

but sure, Lemieux is totally keeping you in 6th place in the division. 4 of his 5 points are in losses, so you can’t even argue he’s helping win games.

He's nearly 10% CFrel and Kings are 9-3-2 with him in the lineup and 0-5-1 w/o IIRC. I think that's off by one loss in either direction since I audited too quickly but the point stands, they're much better w/him in the lineup and driving the bottom six.

Maybe it's better if you don't speak knowledgeably about this one and defer to the eye test, stats, and teammates.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Lemieux scores the same amount of goals for half the salary and gets under the skin
of opponents.
But it's also not me who said Lemieux over Tkachuk, it was Quick

but you agreed with him.

B Tkachuk and Lemieux do not score the same number of goals.
upload_2021-11-30_9-0-47.png

It's not even close.

If Blake was offered Tkachuk for Lemieux and he did not take it he would need to be fired on the spot. regardless of Quick defending his teammate. If that happened i am certain Quick would say something like, "we cannot wait to get going with such a fierce competitor on our team".

I get why Quick said it and I am glad he said it, but it just is not true.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Yes, Brady is fake tough & an embarrassment. Way too big of a cap hit for what he brings.

I am curious what Brady's % of cap is vs what Dustin's was when he signed. A lot, if not most, were not a fan of Brown's deal so will likely back up your point. But Brady is a more skilled Brown that fights more.
I don't like the way Tkachuk's negotiate contracts, as it seems they have no loyalty. $8.2M seems pretty fair for someone who is already over 20 goals per season (which should increase as the team skill develops and he develops), and also brings a lot bite to his game.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
This man outrun a defender and sniped the puck into the upper corner.
This is a skill all of our top line vets don't have.
He also puts fear into the other teams and forces them to take penalties.

If that means he punches a staff member into the balls, so be it.
I would prefer Todd M. and instead before Christmas, before every weekend
Ah the Weinstein defense, so if you’re good at something then you can abuse people within that sphere. Nice take brah

Reactions: The Expert and YP44

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes