Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NYR] Brendan Lemieux for 2021 4th round pick

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Weird to see the rangers let him go only to go full goon in the offseason. Another man's trash I guess
Lemmy really isn’t a goon or a fighter. He’ll hit and Drop the gloves occasionally but he’s more of a pest/agitator that can score and forecheck when he’s playing well.
After we got him from the jets, there were high hopes for him. He was hitting everything, scoring pretty regularly, most thought he was destained for long term 3rd line duty.
The guy we traded just wasn’t that same guy for us anymore. I think playing for Quinn took its toll, as did cutting his best friend DeAngelo.
Between the Refs and Quinn both kind of neutering his game he just wasn’t that effective for us. He gets called for some penalties other guys wouldn’t because of his style of play and his last name is Lemieux.
If the kings leave him at 4th line, let him play his game, and the coach has no problem with him getting a penalty from time to time from playing that style, he’s a very good 4th line player.
I would have really liked to see what he can do under Gallant. I think Lemieux-Rooney-Reaves would have been a good 4th line and a pain in the ass to play against.
But with how his play dropped off and for the money he was making and needing a new contract, I understand why he was traded.

Last edited:

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
The bite was just idiotic and really indefensible even if the Kings board jokes about it. We all know it was wrong and boneheaded. Almost cost them an important needed win too.

Lemieux has been really good for LA tho. Physicality and sticking up for teammates. That fourth line in also keeping momentum and not losing it for once.

Need more of that and less biting please.

Propjoe89

Jun 27, 2016
Lemieux is not coming back here. He was dealt for a specific reason. If you know you know

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
What a loser.
The quotes coming out today about him say it all. His teammates haven’t liked him anywhere he’s been, his teammates are the ones who force him out of places and it goes all the way back before/during his junior years.

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
What a loser.
The quotes coming out today about him say it all. His teammates haven’t liked him anywhere he’s been, his teammates are the ones who force him out of places and it goes all the way back before/during his junior years.
He is loved in LA by literally everybody. Dumbass and suspension-worthy move to bite someone, but doesn't change the fact that he is LOVED here. Teammates and fans alike.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
He is loved in LA by literally everybody. Dumbass and suspension-worthy move to bite someone, but doesn't change the fact that he is LOVED here. Teammates and fans alike.

Lol

I will like your post when he is on waivers in less than 6 months.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
What a loser.

Huh? The guy played his entire OHL career with one team except for the last half of his final year where he was traded to a contender like most guys.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

Lemieux is an awful person... when he was in the OHL a contender traded him because none of his teammates wanted to play with him... a contender in the OHL trading a top player because he was hated so much by his teammates.

When he was in the Jets organization and playing in the AHL his team mates complained to the management about him bullying his own teammates. Then he was traded because the organization wanted nothing to do with him. I imagine the Rangers saw the same with him when they moved him.

Brady's quotes are right, he is not a Marchand, his own teammates hate playing with him.

Glad to hear he's a changed man in LA . Good to know your in the dressing room to confirm everyone
loves him there. The lack of his on ice antics supports this trend too.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Lol

I will like your post when he is on waivers in less than 6 months.
Tbh, if I cared enough to remember this reply, I could come like this one when he is still holding a roster spot next season.

He is filling a niche on the roster that has been empty since the cup teams.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Most of the people that claim he’s a horrible person dislike his politics. That’s what that means in most cases.

I don't particularly give a shit about who Lemieux supports, but I think biting other players firmly puts him in the "horrible person" category.

But I love the victim mentality you're trying to prop up here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad