Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NYR] Brendan Lemieux for 2021 4th round pick

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes and most of them are his former teammates lol

I think almost all of the haters are highly political people that think he's an easy target to vent their frustrations about his political preferences because he's a below-average NHL'er, he is very outspoken, and he occasionally crosses the line on the ice.

Reactions: McJedi

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I think almost all of the haters are highly political people that think he's an easy target to vent their frustrations about his political preferences because he's a below-average NHL'er, he is very outspoken, and he occasionally crosses the line on the ice.
lol what? I don't think most of his haters even know or care about his political preferences, I sure don't. It has more to do with him being a bad player, bad teammate and bad person in general.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I’ve never seen anyone mention his political beliefs. What the f*** are you talking about? People don’t like him because he’s a shitbag that doesn’t give a f*** about anyone else’s safety

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
I don’t give a f*** about his political beliefs. What a spin zone. Omg, he might be a conservative so everyone hates him, that’s not how that works, bud.

This piece of trash has a reputation since his early junior days, and f***ing bit someone so hard it drew blood. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree in that family.

Reactions: Chris 84 and Fatass

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
lol what? I don't think most of his haters even know or care about his political preferences, I sure don't. It has more to do with him being a bad player, bad teammate and bad person in general.
I’ve never seen anyone mention his political beliefs. What the f*** are you talking about? People don’t like him because he’s a shitbag that doesn’t give a f*** about anyone else’s safety
I don’t give a f*** about his political beliefs. What a spin zone. Omg, he might be a conservative so everyone hates him, that’s not how that works, bud.

This piece of trash has a reputation since his early junior days, and f***ing bit someone so hard it drew blood. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree in that family.

I’ve heard this before so many times. It’s never backed up by anything concrete. It’s code speak for you don’t like his politics, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: larmex99

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lemieux and ADA we both on he Rangers at the same time. Were these guys buddies? Very similar personality types. They either loved or hated each other. Good move by the rangers to clear both of these guys out though.

Reactions: YP44

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

So all those former teammates that couldn't stand him felt that way due to his politics?

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019

Glad to hear he's a changed man in LA . Good to know your in the dressing room to confirm everyone
loves him there. The lack of his on ice antics supports this trend too.

Here’s a quote today from TMac “McLellan said. “He’s got a team full of supporters today that are happy he’s a part of the group and he does his job and he does it very well.”

McLellan, Quick speak on Lemieux + Notes on Byfield, Doughty & Grundstrom - LA Kings Insider

Also features a quote from Quick defending him. The locker room loves him. You don’t need to be on the team to tell that. You can tell by all his interactions with players. It’s regularly brought up in our threads.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Anything to back this up? No, of course not.

"Hustler" Andrew Patterson who runs Winnipeg Sports Talk has connections with True North. He's heard that Lemieux was not liked in Winnipeg by his teammates. Also there has been hfjets forum members that attended games and has related anecdotal experiences that support this.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Expert

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Here’s a quote today from TMac “McLellan said. “He’s got a team full of supporters today that are happy he’s a part of the group and he does his job and he does it very well.”

McLellan, Quick speak on Lemieux + Notes on Byfield, Doughty & Grundstrom - LA Kings Insider

Also features a quote from Quick defending him. The locker room loves him. You don’t need to be on the team to tell that. You can tell by all his interactions with players. It’s regularly brought up in our threads.

2 possibilities. They said this for PR purposes. ( They cant really say " "yeah he is a jerk" ).

Or his locker room cancer issue is in remision. Externally he is still a jerk but internally he is no longer :huh:

Not saying that isn't possible. But Based on what I've heard about him in the past, I'm not yet ready to give him the benefit of the doubt. Lets see if he's still with the team beyond this season.

Last edited:

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I actually know him personally through my brother and I will say he is a total hot head and if he doesn't like you he absolutely hates you but if he does like you he is loyal like a dog. He has tons of very very close friends. He is just wired with an intensity that can cause friction at times.

At his core he is a really good and passionate guy.

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
2 possibilities. They said this for PR purposes. ( They cant really say " "yeah he is a jerk" ).

Or his locker room cancer issue is in remision. Externally he is still a jerk but internally he is no longer :huh:

Not saying that isn't possible. But Based on what I've heard about him in the past, I'm not yet ready to give him the benefit of the doubt. Lets see if he's still with the team beyond this season.
Quick’s quote:

Once again I’m saying he is beloved in LA. Quick’s quote reinforces that strongly. Tmac’s quote reinforces that. Kids in the minors even post Instagram stories about him. He is not the locker room cancer he once was. If you don’t believe it, fine, but it’s not the same narrative everyone thinks of him here

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
His father once had his part in starting one of the greatest rivalries of all time....

Too bad these 2 teams aren't in the same conference....Would be a rivalry in the making...:naughty:

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Quick’s quote:

Once again I’m saying he is beloved in LA. Quick’s quote reinforces that strongly. Tmac’s quote reinforces that. Kids in the minors even post Instagram stories about him. He is not the locker room cancer he once was. If you don’t believe it, fine, but it’s not the same narrative everyone thinks of him here

Maybe he has been ringing slappers off of Quick's dome as well. No way anyone would take Lemieux over Tkachuk.

Reactions: The Expert

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

"Hustler" Andrew Patterson who runs Winnipeg Sports Talk has connections with True North. He's heard that Lemieux was not liked in Winnipeg by his teammates. Also there has been hfjets forum members that attended games and has related anecdotal experiences that support this.

You are proving my point. There is no actual former teammate that is going on the record saying this. If it was so clear, why wouldn’t someone?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
agreed with Locked on Kings at time of the trade...agree with them now. Not a fan of that podcast other than the trade episode and now this one.

I like Brady T, and think it is very hard to argue his take on Lemieux. Lemieux has been playing great, and even though I was against the deal I was starting to come around on him due to his recent play.

Of course Quick is going to defend a King's player, thats what he does. Saying he would rather have Lemieux rather than Tkachuk is funny though

Minimum 10 games IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad