Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NYR] Brendan Lemieux for 2021 4th round pick

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I am going to guess you haven't watched a single game this season, and anyone who watches them on a regular basis can tell you he has an impact in most games. GWG tonight, 5 goals in 15 games.

I'm sure he does but he's not having a 14 games over .500 impact. This is like the stat Rangers fans used to bring up of the win/loss record with and without Sean Avery back in the day.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
5 goals and 6 points in his last 9 games.

People get their panties in a knot when he's brought up. Love him.

lemieux_brendan1280.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't know why this version of this thread keeps getting bumped, but for those who care, basically everyone was right about him in every way lol

He's a pain in the ass AND can be a liability, he's a loose cannon, and the refs are ALWAYS looking for a reason to shitcan him

He's got a much better than advertised scoring touch and playmaking abilities, appears to be finally fulfilling draft projections from that standpoint

Absolutely fantastic cycle player, borderline power forward type on the wall, pretty much plays like the best possible reality's version of Kyle Clifford but with a screw loose rather than honest physicality

Sticks up for teammates even to the point of psychotic episodes (chomp chomp)

I have zero doubt the comments about his history with teammates/opponents and those around him are accurate; however, thus far as a King, he is absolutely beloved and appears to have embraced a leadership/mentor role, is OFTEN seen laughing and smiling with veterans and rookies alike, has been called out specifically by guys like Durzi, Kaliyev, and even Clague before he left as a guy who reached out to them to give them a pep talk/open door during their callups. It seems he knows what time it is. And man, for such a brickhead, he gives a fantastic interview--thoughtful, respectful, and almost completely bereft of hockey cliche.

And also, yeah, he does his job super, super well.

angry-smile-man.jpg

Are those stats w/l misleading? Absolutely. He's had the good fortune of missing some awful play streaks, but make no mistake, it's a completely different team with a different mood with him in the lineup, as well. He's the absolute lynchpin of our bottom six right now.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I don’t remember him having any issues with the Rangers either. The problem was he wasn’t consistently a douche; rarely a factor.

He’s definitely bats though.

I remember that game when he was caught on camera telling Max Domi he f***ed his sister. :laugh:

Quinn wouldn't let Lemmy play the style of game that made him effective. He quietly asked out. I dont think anyone even whispered there was a move coming, then it happened.

Wish he was still here under Gallant. Something tells me he would flourish.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I don’t remember him having any issues with the Rangers either. The problem was he wasn’t consistently a douche; rarely a factor...

Quinn wouldn't let Lemmy play the style of game that made him effective. ...Wish he was still here under Gallant. Something tells me he would flourish.

I blame Quinn for a lot of guys lack of impact, but maybe not BL
He just rarely played up to his reputation or his strengths as NYR
Very few moments stand out from his time w NYR, really maybe only the comeback game in Montreal.

But yeah, he mighta done better with current staff..

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don't know why this version of this thread keeps getting bumped, but for those who care, basically everyone was right about him in every way lol

He's a pain in the ass AND can be a liability, he's a loose cannon, and the refs are ALWAYS looking for a reason to shitcan him

He's got a much better than advertised scoring touch and playmaking abilities, appears to be finally fulfilling draft projections from that standpoint

Absolutely fantastic cycle player, borderline power forward type on the wall, pretty much plays like the best possible reality's version of Kyle Clifford but with a screw loose rather than honest physicality

I have zero doubt the comments about his history with teammates/opponents and those around him are accurate; however, thus far as a King, he is absolutely beloved and appears to have embraced a leadership/mentor role, is OFTEN seen laughing and smiling with veterans and rookies alike, has been called out specifically by guys like Durzi, Kaliyev, and even Clague before he left as a guy who reached out to them to give them a pep talk/open door during their callups. It seems he knows what time it is. And man, for such a brickhead, he gives a fantastic interview--thoughtful, respectful, and almost completely bereft of hockey cliche.

angry-smile-man.jpg

Are those stats w/l misleading? Absolutely. He's had the good fortune of missing some awful play streaks, but make no mistake, it's a completely different team with a different mood with him in the lineup, as well. He's the absolute lynchpin of our bottom six right now.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Besides the suspension, he's had a fantastic season. I don't think any Kings fans are naive enough to think that this can or will last forever, but if he helps usher in an actual identity for the Kings (and boy would I love being the villains of the league), I would be ecstatic.

He's actively playing himself up the lineup and deserves more time on ice.

Reactions: David Lunch

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018

angry-smile-man.jpg

Perfectly said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad