Laine's sad violin goal celebration

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
I never said that though. Just not a fan of taunting while you're winning. Same reason I roll my eyes at the stare down culture in the NBA.

Fair enough. I personally enjoy seeing player personalities come through on the ice regardless of the score, but agree it’s pretty ruthless when you’re up 4-0. If that was an OT celebration it would have been epic

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
damn that explanation from the comments makes it even more ruthless

"FinCrow84
2 days ago (edited)
It is actually straight "under the belt" to Mikko Koivu!

Koivu's team in Finland was (and is) TPS and it has a legendary score song where lyrics includes strongly word "violin". Happy and fun song, that plays always in TPS home games when they score. Every body in Finland knows that.

So, when Laine was playing in Finland, his team was "Tappara". Tappara and TPS are great rivalries in Finland so that "violin" was DEFINETLY for Koivu!"
After reading that I now realize how savage the mind games by Laine were there

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
How can someone be ugly than macdavid or crosby? Okay ovy is, but yeah...

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Fair enough. I personally enjoy seeing player personalities come through on the ice regardless of the score, but agree it’s pretty ruthless when you’re up 4-0. If that was an OT celebration it would have been epic

Yeah me too, I love watching cellies of passion. Theo and Teemu's are some of the best.

Just always thought taunting the bench was a dick move separate from being excited about scoring a goal. Up to the wild to respond though.. and that's not looking so good :laugh:

Saku11

Jan 25, 2010
He was neutral to me before , now i consider him to be a arrogant little child

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Remember Ovechkin's hot stick?
Yah he'll never do this again since hockey culture but nice to witness even the littlest amount of swagger and confidence in the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad