Laine's sad violin goal celebration

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
damn that explanation from the comments makes it even more ruthless

"FinCrow84
2 days ago (edited)
It is actually straight "under the belt" to Mikko Koivu!

Koivu's team in Finland was (and is) TPS and it has a legendary score song where lyrics includes strongly word "violin". Happy and fun song, that plays always in TPS home games when they score. Every body in Finland knows that.

So, when Laine was playing in Finland, his team was "Tappara". Tappara and TPS are great rivalries in Finland so that "violin" was DEFINETLY for Koivu!"

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
damn that explanation from the comments makes it even more ruthless

"FinCrow84
2 days ago (edited)
It is actually straight "under the belt" to Mikko Koivu!

Koivu's team in Finland was (and is) TPS and it has a legendary score song where lyrics includes strongly word "violin". Happy and fun song, that plays always in TPS home games when they score. Every body in Finland knows that.

So, when Laine was playing in Finland, his team was "Tappara". Tappara and TPS are great rivalries in Finland so that "violin" was DEFINETLY for Koivu!"
Thanks for the explanation, this is a great insider chirp!

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
To be more precise, the origin of that celebration is not the goal song itself. The most legendary player of TPS, Timo Nummelin (father of former NHLer Petteri Nummelin, also father-in-law of Antti Niemi) used this celebration when he was playing:

hqdefault.jpg

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Knowing the story behind TPS and Koivu, this is pretty great chirp to me. Love it. :laugh:

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
I would never have noticed this if it weren't for the super slow-mo. Also what tells you this violin is sad?

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
hah first time I saw this I didnt even see him do the stick thing just like he was having his glove up while skating past the Wild team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad