Laine's sad violin goal celebration

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Laine is probably really fun at parties too based on this he probably goes around bragging to everyone about he is a millionaire superstar NHL star. Being a sore winner is the worst..

Would you not? What's the point otherwise?

Love him hamming it up. Had no idea about the backstory, that makes it 10x better.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Everybody shit talks. Are we gonna take that out of the game now too?

[MOD]

No fighting
Hitting is barely allowed
And now we are complajning about shit talking?

Last edited by a moderator:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No, because I understand how marketing works. You can look good, average, boring, or even a little weird. But this is usually a nonstarter:

cut.jpeg

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No, because I understand how marketing works. You can look good, average, boring, or even a little weird. But this is usually a nonstarter:

cut.jpeg

Laine beards are on sale on Winnipeg, maybe NHL can start selling them in every arena :laugh: :laugh:

He's never gonna be a pretty boy but that beard will be gone after this year, it's for a bet.

He stands out from the crowd. That's perfect PR.

I could make a characture of Laine far easier than I could of say...Matthews or Nylander. Plus you could have fans going to the game with crazy cheap blond beards and the like and you know exactly who they are trying to be. Just like Thorton and Burns.

As a matter of fact...boom. I just gave Winnipeg's PR department an idea for merch sales.

I believe it's already a thing. 9,99$ if I'm not mistaken.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Meh. Laine can brag at parties all he wants for all I care, as long as he continues to be one of, if not the best goal scorer in the league.

Interesting fact: he's never touched alcohol. Not once. He says it doesn't help hockey so why bother?

Reactions: TheDeuce

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Laine beards are on sale on Winnipeg, maybe NHL can start selling them in every arena :laugh: :laugh:

He's never gonna be a pretty boy but that beard will be gone after this year, it's for a bet.

I believe it's already a thing. 9,99$ if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, Laine beards are on sale at Party Stuff I think?

And you can download the sticker pack from the App Store for free:
Ee7Jo00VcclL7dms.jpg

L to R: Danish Rodent, Jesus H. Buff, Weirdbeard, Captain Blake Handsome, The Sternumnator!, and Tom Hardy

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Yes, Laine beards are on sale at Party Stuff I think?

And you can download the sticker pack from the App Store for free:
Ee7Jo00VcclL7dms.jpg

L to R: Danish Rodent, Jesus H. Buff, Weirdbeard, Captain Blake Handsome, The Sternumnator!, and Tom Hardy

They captured the Laine smirk perfecrly.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Really want to hear Cherry's take on this. Just unneeded and I wish the Wild were a better team (Injuries robbed them of a good series) because Laine would be singing a different tune when that caused the Wild to come back and win the series.

Kid is skilled no doubt but I just can't cheer for him because he is such a cocky shit. Reminds me of Perry in a way without being a dirty player.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Really want to hear Cherry's take on this. Just unneeded and I wish the Wild were a better team (Injuries robbed them of a good series) because Laine would be singing a different tune when that caused the Wild to come back and win the series.

Kid is skilled no doubt but I just can't cheer for him because he is such a cocky ****. Reminds me of Perry in a way without being a dirty player.
I don't know if I've ever heard someone say this unironically before.

I can't believe this has upset people, buncha snowflakes. I for one am now a bigger Laine fan, he knows how to entertain.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

I can't believe this has upset people, buncha snowflakes

He's losing it a bit but he is still a legend and still knows more about the game and does more for it that 99% of the people who hate on him. I don't shun my grandfather because he is sexist or racist. Different times, and they keep him on a leash.

He always hates this stuff. I agree with him on the topic 100%.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

I can't believe this has upset people, buncha snowflakes

Cherry would spout off about humiliating the Wild and "watch out!".
Then whenever he lucks into a team winning after he goes on about this sort of crap he make sure everyone knows it.
I would rather have had Cherry put out to pasture and had Cole do the segment.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
meh. i still like it. Wild fan here.

I'm a "sore winner" too though so i guess that might be part of the reason i hold it in high regard. I have no problems when other people rub it in if they beat me, either.

Reactions: Aggie204

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Never a fan of giving a opposing team billboard material to rev them up but now that I know the back story I'm ok with this.

The kid has a great sense of humor and the NHL need more personalities like Laine and Suban.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Interesting fact: he's never touched alcohol. Not once. He says it doesn't help hockey so why bother?
Depending on how you're team's doing on a given night alcohol often helps one enjoy hockey. Or at least gives the ability to make it through the game...

m.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
He's losing it a bit but he is still a legend and still knows more about the game and does more for it that 99% of the people who hate on him. I don't shun my grandfather because he is sexist or racist. Different times, and they keep him on a leash.

Wtf kind of excuse is this. Only difference is they were allowed to act that way at that time and they chose to. Don Cherry is a racist pos stop being salty about Laine.

Reactions: Plural

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

That's terrible justification...... I actually want to puke just from reading that.

I approve of the Laine celly although I feel like that wasn't the time to do it. That team is battered with injuries and it really isn't a fair series at this point. Now if the team was healthy I'm all for it. If you don't want to see Laine violin on your *** don't let him score.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Kid is skilled no doubt but I just can't cheer for him because he is such a cocky ****. Reminds me of Perry in a way without being a dirty player.

Jets were missing 3/6 on their defense last night, Trouba returning from multiple injuries and Perreault from F group, yet it's all about Wilds injuries.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The last thing this league needs to do bbn is emulate the NFLs rules on celebration. Allow the players personalities to shine in the show!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad