Post-Game Talk: Laine gone wild; Jets beat canes 3-2

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Because this is exactly what i said. Why you gotta talk in hyperboles?

I decided I'm going to point out every time a player on the Jets gets the "whipping boy" treatment on this forum to prove my point.

I feel a need to set the record straight.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
iPhone autocorrected Matty, that’s what.

But please tell me where I am wrong, ELL didn’t mesh at all and now PLR is a bit of a mess.

According to Corsica, PLR has second best goal differential 5-on-5 out of all Jets line combinations: +5 (+6 -1) (same as the ESL line, though with 3 times more TOI). The best goal diff so far was CWL +6 (+9 -3).

PLE and PLL were also decent having both +4 goal differential (+9 -5 and +5 -1) and overall the combo of Little + Perreault seems to be working pretty well according to the real stats.

PLR line (non-)advanced stats (Corsi) are pretty bad, but if you look how Roslovic positions himself defensively it's not that he is lucky by having positive real stats while having negative fancy stats. I really like how Roslovic plays the D.

Reactions: Ducky10

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Are you serious? I absolutely love Buff, Wheeler, Scheifele etc. But Little’s new contract is going to be an anchor. He’s played poorly all year and doesn’t click with anyone. Matty P was great even with Hendricks, but has been completely invisible with Little. I bet the second line would start playing great if they got Copp to center them instead.

His contract is an issue but he does not deserve to be talked about the way you are here. You are unfairly and inaccurately painting Little as a horrible hockey player. You are wrong.

Reactions: SLAYER

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
All of it

Please give me an example of how it is wrong? Or are you claiming Little has been making people around him better this season? If so, please tell me when because I’ve seen all games this season.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If so, please tell me when because I’ve seen all games this season.

This applies to at least 80% of the people who post on this forum. You think that this fact somehow gives you some sort of special status?

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I decided I'm going to point out every time a player on the Jets gets the "whipping boy" treatment on this forum to prove my point.

I feel a need to set the record straight.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I was commenting Little, not Laine. Don’t know why you got that impression.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Are you serious? I absolutely love Buff, Wheeler, Scheifele etc. But Little’s new contract is going to be an anchor. He’s played poorly all year and doesn’t click with anyone. Matty P was great even with Hendricks, but has been completely invisible with Little. I bet the second line would start playing great if they got Copp to center them instead.
Perrault is at his best when playing on the fourth line against weaker competition. Maybe he should go back there.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Because this is exactly what i said. Why you gotta talk in hyperboles?

And yes, this is a jab at me and the discussion we had. The discussion where i, by the way, said that Little gets too much ****.

Pretty sure his comment was directed at tommigun. My first clue is his name appeared in quotes...

I'm not sure how you confused this. You've got only 2 other posts within this thread, none of which has anything to do with your comment

Put Wheeler with Little to get him going

Dunno why u crap on attendance numbers. Low numbers anywhere are bad for hockey.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
This applies to at least 80% of the people who post on this forum. You think that this fact somehow gives you some sort of special status?

Are you out of your mind? I didn’t say that to elevate myself, but to point out I have seen the games and Little has not made people around him better in those games.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Pretty sure his comment was directed at tommigun. My first clue is his name appeared in quotes...

I'm not sure how you confused this. You've got only 2 other posts within this thread, none of which has anything to do with your comment
Nah, this goes back a few PGT's. I claimed that Patty was a whipping boy.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
P

But please tell me where I am wrong, ELL didn’t mesh at all and now PLR is a bit of a mess.
PLR hasn't been a mess. They have been outstanding at times. To be honest, I think some of their recent struggles are as much on Perreault as Little. MP hasn't been at his best either.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

That it's Little dragging them down. What about PLE? Or is that conveniently forgotten because it doesn't support the narrative?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Are you out of your mind? I didn’t say that to elevate myself, but to point out I have seen the games and Little has not made people around him better in those games.

I'm not out of my mind. Why take a shot at me? What is the point of doing that?

What you posted came across exactly how I said, that you somehow knew better than everyone else because you watched every game.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Can we have a designated arguing thread so the same people who argue in every PGT have their own space?

I'm really hoping the Jets can string a few in a row here. All that's missing this year is a nice winning streak.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Nice of you to show up and sideswipe a player who has more career goals than anyone else in this franchise and more points than anyone aside from Kovi and Wheeler. The handle says it all.

Little has struggled a bit of late, as do all players, but he will come out of, just as Wheeler has in the past.
In the meantime, I wouldn't mind seeing both the Scheifele and Little lines shaken up, just get them all going.
This has worked for Little Ladd Wheeler many times in the past.
Perreault Scheifele Armia
Connor Little Wheeler
STASTNY LINE
Copp Lowry/Roslovic /Tanev

Time to step back here fellas...Scelaton has got the right perspective. The issue here is very much one of finding the right LINEMATES for Little... . Little has his whole career played a simple N/S game, with hard forechecking/down low cycling his forte working with wingers like Wheeler and Ladd. It is very much on Maurice to now put him with linemates that will re-create that style of LINE play. Given that Little has not found an easy "fit" with our speedy, more creative E/W style players, you would think Maurice would at least try returning to Little/Wheeler as the key components of a 2nd or even 3rd line, but he appears to be blinded by his fascination with Scheifele/Wheeler at present.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Time to step back here fellas...Scelaton has got the right perspective. The issue here is very much one of finding the right LINEMATES for Little... . Little has his whole career played a simple N/S game, with hard forechecking/down low cycling his forte working with wingers like Wheeler and Ladd. It is very much on Maurice to now put him with linemates that will re-create that style of LINE play. Given that Little has not found an easy "fit" with our speedy, more creative E/W style players, you would think Maurice would at least try returning to Little/Wheeler as the key components of a 2nd or even 3rd line, but he appears to be blinded by his fascination with Scheifele/Wheeler at present.

I was just about to leave this thread for the day until I saw this post. This is exactly how I feel as well. If you look back over years of games that Little has played, he absolutely plays like you point out. Players have their 'style' of play and Little always did best with Ladd and Wheeler. MP, Roslovic, Ehlers, Laine play nothing like that. Every one of these players is very good at their game (Little included here), but I really feel like we have been asking a lot of Little this year. We certainly have a couple of different 'camps' of players with different styles. I don't believe that every player can play and be successful at every type of game.

Maybe the option is to play Little and Wheeler together again? Who else would fit on that type of line at LW?

Reactions: Garbox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad