Post-Game Talk: Laine gone wild; Jets beat canes 3-2

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
talk about a small sample size!
You don't need a large sample size to measure maturity.
Stastny has years of statistics to extrapolate from...but it was his "stabilizing force" on the two young fellas I was referring to.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Dump Myers/Mason/Mathias/Toby/Tanev

Bridge 1 or 2 of JoMo/Connor/Helle/Lowry

See if we can get Stastny on a 3 year 5.25mil.

Only works if he's willing to take a bit of a discount to try and Win a cup here.

In my projection for the '20 season Myers, Mason, Mathias, Toby are all gone already. Tanev's salary is irrelevent.

Connor is bridged, Lowry doesn't make enough to even call it a bridge. It is just his next contract. Helle gets paid what a typical starter gets paid. Morrissey gets a team friendly, long term contract.

There really isn't a lot of wiggle room there. I doubt Stastny takes less than 4 years. 5 - 5.5 might do it for AAV. Maybe. But if you want Stastny I'm pretty sure you have to move a fan favourite player.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm a Myers fan but hard to defend that level of play. He is struggling right now. Morrow was ok besides a couple of panicked plays. Buff has just been so smooth, making such good decisions and he almost always looks calm. Chiarot looks like he has a lot of confidence right now - playing like a legit regular bottom pair guy.

We have not been good for the past 3 games. The whole team is turning the puck over way too much. Need to sort that shit out.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Can Chiarot play right side, iirc he can? If so, trade Myers and keep Chiarot, sign Stastny with that money.
Chiarot is good offensively (imho better than Trouba) and capable enough defensively for a 6th defender. Myers was so bad tonight that he got benched in the end.

Wait...wut?

Ok, now I know you're just trolling us.

You are....right? Because this can't be serious.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm a Myers fan but hard to defend that level of play. He is struggling right now. Morrow was ok besides a couple of panicked plays. Buff has just been so smooth, making such good decisions and he almost always looks calm. Chiarot looks like he has a lot of confidence right now - playing like a legit regular bottom pair guy.

We have not been good for the past 3 games. The whole team is turning the puck over way too much. Need to sort that **** out.
Agree. The main problem with the Jets' play lately has been poor puck movement from the D to forwards, and then through the neutral zone. Too much hesitancy in the passes, and then poor execution. Myers has been the worst culprit. Buff and Morrissey have been good. Chiarot better than usual. Morrow makes mistakes with the puck too often for my liking.

I think that once the Jets start moving the puck more crisply, their game will turn around.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Just caught up with this thread, some absolutely volcanic takes by @Tommigun :popcorn:

I think the Little line is the biggest victim of Toby going down, they have struggled since he got hurt and Myers had to play heavier minutes behind them. Little and Perreault together have had great stats this season, if that line is not working the most reasonable thing to me seems like the rookie winger on that line might be having a tough time instead of "it being all Little's fault" as some are suggesting. Hopefully things will get better for that line once the D gets healthy and Myers is not playing heavy minutes behind them.

Reactions: Ducky10

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Just caught up with this thread, some absolutely volcanic takes by @Tommigun :popcorn:

I think the Little line is the biggest victim of Toby going down, they have struggled since he got hurt and Myers had to play heavier minutes behind them. Little and Perreault together have had great stats this season, if that line is not working the most reasonable thing to me seems like the rookie winger on that line might be having a tough time instead of "it being all Little's fault" as some are suggesting. Hopefully things will get better for that line once the D gets healthy and Myers is not playing heavy minutes behind them.
Little was also weak at times with Ple and ELl maybe he's just got old.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
He has a better shot, proven in the skills comp. IDC about Trouba at this point.
okay.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad