Post-Game Talk: Laine gone wild; Jets beat canes 3-2

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
patrik-laine-fires-a-slap-shot-during-the-jets-game-against-the-wild-on-october-20-2017.png

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
missed a lot of the 3rd but this was clearly, imo, not our best game. helle played just as he needs to if we're going to make a run. and laine.. well, what else can be said of his killer instinct and shot?

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Tough game to watch because of the raggy play but pride of the boys for grinding out the win

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Mediocre game but happy with the win.

The Canes are good defensively but will not go very far with their forward core. Not a lot of game breakers and they fire a lot of nothing shots from distance.

Helle played quite well with the exception of that last rebound.

Buff and JoMo both played a solid game.

Myers was awful and seemed to get benched down the stretech. Kuli was also underwhelming.

Chariot had a solid game, Morrow was an adventure.

The top line was adequate but can be much better

Little's line had a solid but unspectacular game. Roslovic has been pretty mediocre lately, will need to pick it up if he wants to stay in the lineup moving forward

Laine continues his great all around play, Ehlers and Statsny where also very good.

The fourth line was pretty solid.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Have to say , Myers is a dumb hockey player player , absolutely no hockey IQ . Lets keep Myers and get rid of Buff , wow . We need Trouba and Enstrom back right now just so Myers has less ice time . Good road win boys .

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I don't know about choke artists, but we just choked in the most important game of the year against the Preds.

What's the expected win probability that differentiates a "choke" between merely "being likelier to win than not, but shit happens"? 99%? 51%?

Reactions: Scheifelaine

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Have to say , Myers is a dumb hockey player player , absolutely no hockey IQ . Lets keep Myers and get rid of Buff , wow . We need Trouba and Enstrom back right now just so Myers has less ice time . Good road win boys .

I wouldn't go that far but I'd definitely say he's struggling with 2nd pair minutes. Being back on the 3rd pair will do him a world of good.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Tough game to watch because of the raggy play but pride of the boys for grinding out the win

Ice looked like crap, glad to know the NHL cares so much about ice quality!

Schief and Wheeler missed a good one, Schief back to invisible pre-injury Schief.

Dull game

Free Tanev!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->