Post-Game Talk: Laine gone wild; Jets beat canes 3-2

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Littles play this year has been underwhelming yes he has had a few good games but for the most part he hasn't played well with whoever they put on his line, couple of games back I said the Jets would have to make a decision both him and Perreault in a couple of years especially considering the cap, hope his play improves going into the playoffs we will need all the lines playing well.

Jeez, don’t even care about Little and Perreault right now, you just gotta prey we somehow keep Stastny. Laine and Ehlers look like Ovechkin and Kane on the same line with Stastny’s presence down the middle(it’s not all on him but the little advantages he brings to the table make all the guys around him better and take pressure off others). Perreault should be replacable with Vesalainen down the steep road, Little is questionable(though he significantly fell in his quality of Game this season), if we keep Stastny we still got 2 Great Centers and we can look at Lowry, Copp or Roslovic as a potential 3C for depth and keep this 3 Lines deep situation going for the long run.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Idk. But we had a 2 goal lead with what, about 9 minutes left in the third. And the Preds got three goals in about 7 or 8 minutes to get a clean 2 points from us in our own building.
Only time this season we have lost with a third period lead. Nashville has come from behind 4 or 5 times in the last 2 weeks so something to watch for. We need great goaltending to beat them we didn't get this when we played. No one said winning was going to be easy.

Reactions: Tommigun and Kgame
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

So- what's the "magic number" ?? how many more wins to lock up a playoff spot ??

17GR-93pts Nashville (127 pts max)
17GR-89pts Vegas (123 pts max)
17GR-87pts Winnipeg (121 pts max)
16GR-81pts Minnesota (113 pts max)
17GR-79pts Dallas (113 pts max)
16GR-79pts San Jose (111 pts max)
16GR-78pts Anaheim (110 pts max)
16GR-77pts Los Angeles (109 pts max)

17GR-76pts Colorado (110 pts max)
16GR-75pts St. Louis (107 pts max)
16GR-73pts Calgary (105 pts max)
16GR-64pts Chicago (96 pts max)
17GR-58pts Edmonton (92 pts max)
17GR-57pts Vancouver (91 pas max)
18GR-50pts Arizona (86 pts max)

As of tonight, the Jets can no longer be passed by Arizona. Were Arizona to win every game for the balance of the season the best they can do is achieve 86 pts. The Jets already have 87 pts.

Looking at Vancouver they can finish with a maximum point total of 91. The Jets have 87 points. 91-87=4. Since we're a long ways away from accounting for tie breakers we'll pretend the magic number is 5. You should be able to continue on with the reasoning from here.

Magic Numbers:
24-Colorado
23-Los Angeles
21-St. Louis
19 Calgary
10 Chicago
6 Edmonton
5 Vancouver
0 Arizona

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
The wheel of players that everyone seems to spin and pick on from week to week... Today it's on Little...
At least us Finns have been allover Little all season:) So we are consistant:)

My problem with Little is 6 years and 32 M. He is just not worth that atm and I think he won’t never be. There will be cap issues and that deal seems utterly stupid now.

You will be all over Laine after he gets 8-10 M and if his scoring drops:)

googleIsMyFriend

Dec 6, 2016
I think Chiarot is quite underrated on these boards. He's pretty good in the defensive zone, very physical and getting better all the time.

He's also getting better with his offensive game, and has a hell of a wicked shot. Hit the crossbar tonight, and a goal last game. I'd like to see him let his shot go from the point a little bit more.

Yes, i agree. He is good now. Plays simple, is strong hits hard and has a very good shot. Stastny is good too, i think we will need to re-sign him.

Anyway, great win. Canes gave it all but jets did get the points. I was surprised how well Canes played. Laine is hot. Hot as hell actually.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm starting to like the PLR line more and more, although I wouldn't mind more of their minutes given to ESL.
We actually have 3 very good lines - how crazy is that?!
4th line leaves a bit to be desired but Lowry should help.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I think Chiarot is quite underrated on these boards. He's pretty good in the defensive zone, very physical and getting better all the time.
He's also getting better with his offensive game, and has a hell of a wicked shot. Hit the crossbar tonight, and a goal last game. I'd like to see him let his shot go from the point a little bit more.

Didn't he win the Jets' hardest shot competition one year?

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Good road win.

The first and second lines are still not looking great and the ice time distribution is still very top-six heavy. Hopefully this will not bite us.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
benefit having three scoring lines, opponent other than nashville can't match that. gives huge advantage to "3rd" line

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
benefit having three scoring lines, opponent other than nashville can't match that. gives huge advantage to "3rd" line
Do we really have three scoring lines atm? 1st line will start produce again sooner or later but I wouldn’t count 2nd as a scoring line. Laine has made more goals than PLR together.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I'm starting to like the PLR line more and more, although I wouldn't mind more of their minutes given to ESL.
We actually have 3 very good lines - how crazy is that?!
4th line leaves a bit to be desired but Lowry should help.

There is no need to cut PLR minutes to give more for ESL. Just cut 1-2 minutes from CSW and give them to ESL.

In the the playoffs 4 strong lines are needed and it's not wise to have Scheifele gassed out again for no reason.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Dunno why u crap on attendance numbers. Low numbers anywhere are bad for hockey.
we have no control over other cities' attendance.
i think it's fair to negatively comment on a franchise that has sagging attendance numbers even though they won a stanley cup and have been part of a (non-hockey) community for 20 years.
they're had a crappy 11 year run and that's a knock on ownership and management.
and hey, not everything is smelling like roses for all the teams in all of professional sports. what's good for hockey is fixing ownership and/or relocation (or folding) teams so they can be in strong markets.

Reactions: Robinson2187

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
yeah, that third line is interesting.
they definitely had some opportunities, but they're Armia'ing it up by not scoring. should be interesting in a week when Lowry's back. I wonder where they'll put Little.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
yeah, that third line is interesting.
they definitely had some opportunities, but they're Armia'ing it up by not scoring. should be interesting in a week when Lowry's back. I wonder where they'll put Little.

Third line is ESL and they are definitely scoring and not Matthias'ing their opportunities.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
They are doing an excellent job, if the point is not to score goals and being useless.

2 games without a point? Now they are useless?

The over reaction and terrible hot takes to little and his line are so bad it's actually not funny.

Everyone quick, go to the Statsny thread!

Look at the side by side comparison between him and Little!

One is a 7mil player one is 4.7 mil player. Soon to be a 5.3 mil player.

I think a lot of people are having a hard time understanding how value works in the NHL.

Derrick Brassard had 1 more point than Little going into the trade deadline..... If you compare those 2 guys Little looks amazing.

Jeez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad