Post-Game Talk: Laine gone wild; Jets beat canes 3-2

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Great road win. You have to be able to win close, ugly games. We did that tonight. Really, we goalied them. Great win.

Our D was at times laughable. We need Toby and Trouba back so they can work off the rust before the playoffs. We need Lowry back because Gramps doesn't belong on an NHL playoff team. Although sometimes I feel like Maurice would press box anyone including 55 to keep Hendy in the lineup.

Laine is awesome. Stastny was a gr8 pickup for the Laine line. Just wish we had also gotten a top D man as well to be able to challenge the Preds, Lightning, Penguins in the post season.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Without Lowry they are taking on the hardest matchups night after night. People were use to them freewheeling while Lowry battled the likes of Staal all night. Teams are playing a very tight and physical matchup against them with nowhere to really go for relief. We really do miss Lowry for what we try to do as a team.
Fair enough. I realize we miss Lowry terribly.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Without Lowry they are taking on the hardest matchups night after night. People were use to them freewheeling while Lowry battled the likes of Staal all night. Teams are playing a very tight and physical matchup against them with nowhere to really go for relief. We really do miss Lowry for what we try to do as a team.
That might be the case at home matches. Away the situation is pretty much same. 1st just haven’t been on the level that is required for the first line.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
tQ4bkKr.png

(5v5 adjusted)

Fun game without commercials. Thank goodness Laine can score from nearly anywhere on the ice.

Little and Stastny dominated in faceoffs, yet Perreault-Little-Ehlers got hemmed in their zone again pretty hard. Something about that line stinks right now, might need to switch some things up. They used to be rocking, but my theory is that Perreault and winger-Roslovic are too similar players. Would maybe flip Armia and Roslovic and tell Armia he gets to shoot more, shift Tanev into Hendricks' spot and maybe have Roslovic and Copp flip between centre duties. Until Lowry gets healthy.

But God damn, third game in a row: Stastny with Ehlers and Laine just fit so well. It's magical to watch. First game where they didn't have CF = CAx2.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
tQ4bkKr.png

(5v5 adjusted)

Fun game without commercials. Thank goodness Laine can score from nearly anywhere on the ice.

Little and Stastny dominated in faceoffs, yet Perreault-Little-Ehlers got hemmed in their zone again pretty hard. Something about that line stinks right now, might need to switch some things up. They used to be rocking, but my theory is that Perreault and winger-Roslovic are too similar players. Would maybe flip Armia and Roslovic and tell Armia he gets to shoot more, shift Tanev into Hendricks' spot and maybe have Roslovic and Copp flip between centre duties. Until Lowry gets healthy.

But God damn, third game in a row: Stastny with Ehlers and Laine just fit so well. It's magical to watch. First game where they didn't have CF = CAx2.

Hmm... second line getting hemmed in. I wonder what the only constant on that line has been? He makes even Perreault worse. Never liked Little so I may be too harsh on him.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Steve Mason and Tobias Enstrom should be gone next year.

If we eventually got rid of Little and Buff to bring up our youth I would not be too sad.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
What's the expected win probability that differentiates a "choke" between merely "being likelier to win than not, but **** happens"? 99%? 51%?

Idk. But we had a 2 goal lead with what, about 9 minutes left in the third. And the Preds got three goals in about 7 or 8 minutes to get a clean 2 points from us in our own building.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Steve Mason and Tobias Enstrom should be gone next year.

If we eventually got rid of Little and Buff to bring up our youth I would not be too sad.
Well... Lowry scored 15 last year and I was questioning if he was 3rd line material. Little has a bit of work to do to get up to 15 goals this year.

Having said that I think its way too soon to discuss getting rid of him.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Grindy, mucky road win. To be expected with the two d and Lowry out. If they win three of the next five I'll be happy.

Second in the central seems to be our fate..fingers crossed.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Idk. But we had a 2 goal lead with what, about 9 minutes left in the third. And the Preds got three goals in about 7 or 8 minutes to get a clean 2 points from us in our own building.

If we win 19 of 20 times that the odds say we'd have a 95% chance of winning, I guess I don't see what the cause for any concern whatsoever is.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Anyone who did not watch the game would think Morrow was a great pick up with 1 point plus 2 less than 10 minutes played tonight ... and that's why you cannot go by stats. He needs to be in the PB.
I'm still trying to figure out how the Canes out shot the Jets 35-23. The game I saw the Jets were in complete control other than the Canes PP the game was never in doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad