Post-Game Talk: Laffs 4- Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They really have to enact a policy to allow no ticket resales for Leafs games... yes STHs who re-sell their tickets for these games for a profit will complain but it's one game a year... they'll get over it.
Maybe you along with some others on here should take your advice. It's one game a year, get over it. Crying over who roots for who is such childish shit.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
In the first half of the season the Jets almost set a record for the number of consecutive games not allowing more than 3 goals........in the second half of the season the Jets will set a record for consecutive games not scoring more than 3 goals in a game

Reactions: hn777

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The offense continues to be pathetic. Only scored one goal when it mattered and that was a defenseman. The other goal was a garbage time goal when the team was down by 3 with a few seconds left and that was a bottom-six player.

The top-six is completely missing in action when we are down one top forward. More often than not, the 82 opponents we face during the season are likely missing at least one of their top-6 forwards and/or a top pairing d-man. It's fairly normal for an NHL team to be missing at least one impact player during most of their regular season games.
Hey! Welcome back - haven't really seen you till recently.

Reactions: Potrzebie

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
A little worried with Dilly if it indeed is a back injury, they can be very troublesome, hopefully he just tweaked it and the time off during the break is all he needs

Reactions: Jets 31

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
Bad habits never really die.

The Jets have been "puck slow" for many years on the PP and it is all time bad right now.

Helle had really improved his puck handling and decision making the first 30 games, I can't recall a bad play with the puck to give up a scoring chance. But he is starting to make those mistakes again, that kinda worries me.

Glad they have the break to hopefully heal up and get focused again.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
with 55 out, we get to see how much of a huge gap exists between perfetti and what 55 brings to the game...doubt if perfetti will amount to much other than what we see here. This was the time for perfetti to step up

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
First off, the building should be embarrassed making that a leaf’s home game. Seriously, f***ing embarrassing.

2, we need a 1B/2C. If it costs you significant assets but you have term on said incoming player, you do it and don’t look back. Incredibly clear that with an aging 55 in the next couple years, the impetus to start getting the “next” guy is increasingly important.

3. Ditto for a RHD to help out Morrissey. He can’t be the only one. Pionk can in a pinch but you’ll have every team in the playoffs finishing every single check on 44 and taking whatever liberties they can to minimize his impact and grind him down.

The path to the cup is wide open and we gotta go big with smart acquisitions this year.

Reactions: kanadalainen

BoJet

May 2, 2016
Germany
what-the-hell-was-that-smoking.gif

Low energy effort that sounded like a Leafs home game. Both team and fans need to give their balls a tug. Or in the words of genre-bending Canadian indie rock band Arcade Fire: Wake Up!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I guess one of the few pluses of having a season ticket base of 9500 is having huge markups on the abundant single game tickets for the biggest premium game of the regular season. Prices were similar to what you would see in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. A bit more than $550 for the best seats and no less than $400 for lower bowl seats. $200 to $250 appeared to be the cheapest seats in the upper deck.

I'm thinking the Jets made close to 2 times their 2023/24 gate revenue on this game.
John Prine was able to sum this shyte up: "That's the way the world goes round".

A good old fashioned remote control Leafs home game, rapidly becoming a Winnipeg tradition.

I've got nothing against visiting true Leafs fans. My last leafs game was marked by three out of towners one row back from me, who flew in that day. They said it was cheaper (Flight, dinner, game) than lower rink side seats in TO.

Its the half-mile flip flopping Jets fans that bug me. Yes, I know, thats not a rational opinion. Ergo I am a fan(atic). :)

Last edited:

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
with 55 out, we get to see how much of a huge gap exists between perfetti and what 55 brings to the game...doubt if perfetti will amount to much other than what we see here. This was the time for perfetti to step up
Some people actually have zero clue.

So according to you he is not going to improve at all and he is at his peak as a player at 22?

He hasn't received the ice time, the pp time or the line mates to even get a fair shot of "replacing" him while he was out and it wasn;t his job as he is playing wing on the third line. The disappointment in play while 55 was out should be with the guys that played first line minutes and first line pp in his absence.

When 55 went down, if 91 moved up to the first line and 1st pp and received those opportunities, then maybe you could try to make a comparison in the difference of impact, but you are comparing apples to oranges across the board.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Without significant additions, this team will crumble against Vancouver and Edmonton in the playoffs. They don’t have enough consistent offense and their PowerPlay is non existent.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I want him gone at the deadline in a trade. He just does not fit the Jets at all, past few months I am legitimately shocked that this guy was a consistent ~45 point in 82 game pace player for the kings. He just doesn't seem to have the hands to make plays to extend offensive zone time, I don't even care about points, at 4 million a year there should be some generation of chances even if you are not scoring. Not saying he's a bad player but he just doesn't fit the Jets offensively and at his caphit you gotta be putting up~40 points or driving some decent offense to be worth it for how this team is constructed.

Many here don't want to admit it because they want the PLD trade to be this perfect thing that we "won". We may have come out well out of that trade even if Iafallo is not a fit. Just compare the stick Appleton takes around here when he has goes a few games without a point. If Appleton had the the run that Iafallo has been on... you'd read nothing but Appleton bashing on these boards (and we were almost at that point before his recent scoring run).

Is @sipowicz even aware Iafallo is on this team? #9 is a prime candidate to benefit from some Sip motivation.
This is a nice read, and breaks the facts down well. But... just for grins, I would like to see how Iafrate (sic) does in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: FFHockey

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
View attachment 812176

Low energy effort that sounded like a Leafs home game. Both team and fans need to give their balls a tug. Or in the words of genre-bending Canadian indie rock band Arcade Fire: Wake Up!
Incorrect. These Leafs fans actually had energy, so I’m sure the experience was just as strange for the Leafs players as it is for us.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
perfetti is a ~50 pt fwd in his 3rd year. hb focus on KC a perennial PPG guy. where's his scoring been? when scheifele is out over the years (reg. season or POs) i haven't seen him step-up. or the vaunted depth acquired from the PLD trade so far.

it's clear when scheifele is in, everyone falls into their spots and plays their role and do it fine. he's the "pace-setter" for the fwd depth.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaskaJet

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I want him gone at the deadline in a trade. He just does not fit the Jets at all, past few months I am legitimately shocked that this guy was a consistent ~45 point in 82 game pace player for the kings. He just doesn't seem to have the hands to make plays to extend offensive zone time, I don't even care about points, at 4 million a year there should be some generation of chances even if you are not scoring. Not saying he's a bad player but he just doesn't fit the Jets offensively and at his caphit you gotta be putting up~40 points or driving some decent offense to be worth it for how this team is constructed.

Many here don't want to admit it because they want the PLD trade to be this perfect thing that we "won". We may have come out well out of that trade even if Iafallo is not a fit. Just compare the stick Appleton takes around here when he has goes a few games without a point. If Appleton had the the run that Iafallo has been on... you'd read nothing but Appleton bashing on these boards (and we were almost at that point before his recent scoring run).

Is @sipowicz even aware Iafallo is on this team? #9 is a prime candidate to benefit from some Sip motivation.
i doubt he goes at the TDL. but i am in agreement with most of your post. the Jets around average defensively when he's on the ice relative to the rest of the team (4th worst CA/60, 6th at xGA/60 of the regular 12 fwds) and his offensive has been little to non-existent as of late (well 30+ games)

still think Vilardi is a v good addition and trade return along with MTLs 2nd. Iafallo (& kupari) were just meh/whatever pieces, esp. in a trade market where players of similar caphit were going for v little or nothing. you can get out of iafallo and kupari doesn't hurt you much since he barely makes anything on the cap though.

2nd your pt about appleton. he deserves some of the criticism, but the crickets have been out when it comes to iafallo.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
It isn’t just the three losses. It’s how they played leading up to these losses. You could see this coming. It was a big test of team backbone when adversity came knocking, and they completely failed the test.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m expecting serious regression after the break. There is a fundamental flaw in this team when it comes to mental toughness. Which this time of year brings.

Disappointing, but it looks like reality.

They've played well defensively in the 3 losses, which last year would've been a major flaw.

Last season's Jets and Jets teams before that were all about getting into the o-zone, never playing defense and hoping Hellebuyck bailed them out. This year's Jets are, or were leading up to this week I'm not sure where they are now, the number 1 5v5 team in the league. They went over 30 games giving up 3 goals or less.

They lost to the best team in the league after being down 2-1 late in Boston, they lost 1-0 in OT after dominating the Leafs in Toronto, and yesterday they were in it until late but didn't win. Oh well.

Also, the top line C has been out, they played Tuesday without 2 thirds of their top line and their 1D out for 2 periods, and yesterday lost Dillon early in the 1st.

People don't like losing to the Leafs, I get it, but they haven't played all that poorly this week and they've played all season in a sustainable way.

So I'll definitely call out unwarranted pessimism when I see it. Last year's team was playing at an unsustainable clip that the underlying numbers didn't bear out, this year's team has the stats to back up their record.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They've played well defensively in the 3 losses, which last year would've been a major flaw.

Last season's Jets and Jets teams before that were all about getting into the o-zone, never playing defense and hoping Hellebuyck bailed them out. This year's Jets are, or were leading up to this week I'm not sure where they are now, the number 1 5v5 team in the league. They went over 30 games giving up 3 goals or less.

They lost to the best team in the league after being down 2-1 late in Boston, they lost 1-0 in OT after dominating the Leafs in Toronto, and yesterday they were in it until late but didn't win. Oh well.

Also, the top line C has been out, they played Tuesday without 2 thirds of their top line and their 1D out for 2 periods, and yesterday lost Dillon early in the 1st.

People don't like losing to the Leafs, I get it, but they haven't played all that poorly this week and they've played all season in a sustainable way.

So I'll definitely call out unwarranted pessimism when I see it. Last year's team was playing at an unsustainable clip that the underlying numbers didn't bear out, this year's team has the stats to back up their record.
last year through 47gp they were 2% less in xGF share - is that the line unsustainable vs not? this year they're higher in PDO by 2% which a stat folks on here LOVE to associate w/ nOt SuStAiNaBlE,

Reactions: hn777

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Totally agree.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Calm down people. 55 will return, Chevy will add and this team is built for and adopted a playoff style. And the pp has nowhere to go but up.
The building was full, some hotels were likely as well, and some locals cashed in for one night and can spend that money in Winnipeg.
Ever been to Minnesota or Seattle for a Jays game on a long weekend? It’s sports. It’s fun.
Fair enough but it is very annoying.
Leaf and Hab fans are just obnoxious

Reactions: Aries56

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
All the GM's should be at the All Star game I expect wild rumours to circulate around these boards in the weeks coming. Chevy has his work cut out for him, get a 2 line centre or even a bonafide scorer who doesn't have us on any of their list will make him work. Getting a depth D man might be a bit easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad