Post-Game Talk: Laffs 4- Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
No. It’s the players and their mentality. Their bad habits show up on the PP. we rarely shoot the puck. That’s a player problem.

Samberg scores on the blocker side so do we shoot there again? Nope. It’s a mentality thing with them.
Interesting, you may be bringing me to this point of view. So... can our current staff change these guys' attitude now?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'd say it is more a systems issue. We have 2 PPs and we have had 3 of our top 6 out for periods of time so there have been multiple combinations of players. Yet every PP looks exactly the same.
It’s likely both. Perhaps concentrating so much on 5 on 5 and defensive play plays a role also. We appear risk adverse and u gotta take some risk at times.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Can't really remember how good Dallas' powerplay used to be under Bowness. Anyone know?

Wondering if it's just a mentality/playstyle thing going on 5 on 5 that has guys playing risk averse as Gabe Kupari said above? You'd think this is something the coaches would be well aware of though and able to work through?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It’s likely both. Perhaps concentrating so much on 5 on 5 and defensive play plays a role also. We appear risk adverse and u gotta take some risk at times.
We also don't have a big shot option from the point, which hurts. In the old days if our PP started to go cold Buff would just start shooting rockets from the point, often head high to make everyone jumpy.

Reactions: Jets 31

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I'd say it is more a systems issue. We have 2 PPs and we have had 3 of our top 6 out for periods of time so there have been multiple combinations of players. Yet every PP looks exactly the same.
I don't think every PP looks exactly the same. I see teams putting a large player right in front of the net to grab a rebound. We rarely do that. I see us getting the puck in the slot and immediately firing it back to the point. Other teams rarely do that.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think every PP looks exactly the same. I see teams putting a large player right in front of the net to grab a rebound. We rarely do that. I see us getting the puck in the slot and immediately firing it back to the point. Other teams rarely do that.
I was saying our PPs look the same despite the players on it. I wasn't comparing it to other teams PPs.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
We also don't have a big shot option from the point, which hurts. In the old days if our PP started to go cold Buff would just start shooting rockets from the point, often head high to make everyone jumpy.
What about big Stan? 99 mph in the Jets skills competition.
:sarcasm:

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Obviously missing 55 is tough when we lack C depth. I would've liked to have seen Perfetti get the chance.
With 55 out, I think a:
Vilardi, Perfetti, Connor line would look good,
Second line: Ehlers, Namestikov, Nino

We need a 2C, and probably another D that can drive some offense.

Heinola is on his way up soon I'm sure.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I'm assuming that with the long break for most of the team. there will be no updates on injuries. No morning skate = no media availability. But I would think that any player moves or promotions up to the big club, such as Heinola, will be announced prompty.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Just reading a little of the Leafs PGT and some of those fans on there must be 12 years old,i hope anyway.
The main boards are even more of a doozie. All the time I see morons posting with join dates of 2002 …. 2005 …. 2007 …. 2004 …. etc.

I’m shocked that those people are apparently adults. Unless they left their HFBoards log-in credentials in their will for their next of kin :dunno:

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Powerplay looks fine when they can actually get set, problem is they spend 30 seconds being set and the other 1:30 chasing the puck. They can't figure out how to break into the zone, and when they try to dump and chase they don't have anybody chasing.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The main boards is even more of a doozie. All the time I see morons posting with join dates of 2002 …. 2005 …. 2007 …. 2004 …. etc.

I’m shocked that those people are apparently adults. Unless they left their HFBoards log-in credentials in their will for their next of kin :dunno:
Ya gloat if you want to and that's your thing but i don't see anyone on this board saying things like Toronto sucks, the people of Toronto are losers and nobody cares about Toronto. That's 9 year old shit .

Reactions: kanadalainen

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Ya gloat if you want to and that's your thing but i don't see anyone on this board saying things like Toronto sucks, the people of Toronto are losers and nobody cares about Toronto. That's 9 year old shit .
Toronto people are like that. You don't see it as much from other Canadians, but tell someone from Toronto you live in Winnipeg and they act like you just said you live in the 5th circle of hell (when actually the 5th circle of hell is driving on the 401 at rush hour...the 3rd circle is the 401 during non-peak hours).

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Toronto people are like that. You don't see it as much from other Canadians, but tell someone from Toronto you live in Winnipeg and they act like you just said you live in the 5th circle of hell (when actually the 5th circle of hell is driving on the 401 at rush hour...the 3rd circle is the 401 during non-peak hours).
Yes. I went to the U of T for three years, and can confirm -> you are not wrong about the 'tude of some of them.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And that's why i hope they never win a Cup . Honestly if it was Toronto vs Vegas in a Cup final i hope Vegas would win.:laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
And that's why i hope they never win a Cup . Honestly if it was Toronto vs Vegas in a Cup final i hope Vegas would win.:laugh:
A lot's happened since the Leafs last won the Cup. Color TV. The Moon landing. Vietnam. 8 track tapes. 10 US presidents. Multiple generations of Trudeau PMs in Canada. As it fades from living memory into legend, I begin to wonder if it ever happened at all...?

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A lot's happened since the Leafs last won the Cup. Color TV. The Moon landing. Vietnam. 8 track tapes. 10 US presidents. Multiple generations of Trudeau PMs in Canada. As it fades from living memory into legend, I begin to wonder if it ever happened at all...?
:laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The main boards is even more of a doozie. All the time I see morons posting with join dates of 2002 …. 2005 …. 2007 …. 2004 …. etc.

Hey! I resemble that remark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille