Post-Game Talk: Laffs 4- Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The empty goal is how the game basically went for the Jets. The guy was just icing the puck and it goes in the net 200 ft away. First 2 Leafs goals were defections.
The broken stick penalty was a joke so was the Vladdy penalty and shouldn’t be called late in a close game.
I never saw so many missed passes and players running into each as tonight … it’s just one of those games.
Another special teams loss … so sad.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I'd like to believe it was that simple but I don't -

The third line, that plays pretty much the same roll they have always played, is doing nothing offensively - even though that is not their bread and butter, they were popping in a few earlier.
The second line is getting chances but can't finish - what does that have to do with Scheif or anyone for that matter - you called me out already for stating they had a bad 2nd period and then came back and stated they are getting their chances. IOW's, the guys that could score earlier, are not scoring now even though they are getting their chances.
The one line that is really being impacted hard with 55 out, is the first line - KC and Ehlers are MIA - but this team's success was based on a lot more than our top line - the team approach to how they played was what made them very good and very successful. That whole hive attitude has changed IMO.

The only way I could possibly support the theory that all of this is due to the loss of 55, is if they all feel the need to change their game (and give up on what worked) because he is out. Who knows, maybe that's what's happening - IDK.
I like your analysis and I like you hope I am wrong but their issues seem to be catching up with them

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Only took 3 losses for the Doom and Gloom to come out.
Hockey fans like to voice their opinion - and that's what the boards are about.
It's not great right now but a win or two will reverse this very quickly - and that's usually how it works.
I think most hate the gloom but being the hockey experts we are ;), we will chime in when things go a bit south.
Looking forward to post break Jets

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I still believe.

Every team sags and I truly believe this team has what it takes.

IMHO the break couldn't have come at a better time.

As much as my emotional side HATES that we lost 2 to the Leafs, in the grand scheme of things, I know we are better than them and brighter days are coming .

Have a great night, all.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
The offense continues to be pathetic. Only scored one goal when it mattered and that was a defenseman. The other goal was a garbage time goal when the team was down by 3 with a few seconds left and that was a bottom-six player.

The top-six is completely missing in action when we are down one top forward. More often than not, the 82 opponents we face during the season are likely missing at least one of their top-6 forwards and/or a top pairing d-man. It's fairly normal for an NHL team to be missing at least one impact player during most of their regular season games.

Reactions: hn777

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The offense continues to be pathetic. Only scored one goal when it mattered and that was a defenseman. The other goal was a garbage time goal when the team was down by 3 with a few seconds left and that was a bottom-six player.

The top-six is completely missing in action when we are down one top forward. More often than not, the 82 opponents we face during the season are likely missing at least one of their top-6 forwards and/or a top pairing d-man. It's fairly normal for an NHL team to be missing at least one impact player during most of their regular season games.
top six was fine when we were missing vilardi/connor even with names as the 2c, but it's just a coincidence that every time a certain player goes down our team can't handle that...

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Don't get it twisted in any way Scheifele is a huge part of this team and these games without him proves that point. We had PP's couldn't score PK didn't work either, scorers have forgotten what they get paid to do. Two games against the Leafs playing with 5D man early on what are the odds
Schuffles is an MVP for this team. We can absorb losing other players, but this guy? Not so much.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hockey fans like to voice their opinion - and that's what the boards are about.
It's not great right now but a win or two will reverse this very quickly - and that's usually how it works.
I think most hate the gloom but being the hockey experts we are ;), we will chime in when things go a bit south.
Looking forward to post break Jets

Nothing wrong with voicing their opinion, nor nothing wrong with me voicing my opinion about the opinion. I think every team in the league has lost 3 in a row this year.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yep, some people see the bad and ignore the good, some ignore bad and see the good. He's a polarizing player. For example I see a lot of people who shit on him last game for not being on Matthews for the overtime goal. I didn't see anybody praising him for hauling ass back to break up a 2 on 0 earlier in overtime. Maybe that's my own bias.

I'll take his underlying numbers over those of us who are looking for a specific thing.
You probably nailed it.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I still believe.

Every team sags and I truly believe this team has what it takes.

IMHO the break couldn't have come at a better time.

As much as my emotional side HATES that we lost 2 to the Leafs, in the grand scheme of things, I know we are better than them and brighter days are coming .

Have a great night, all.

Well said.

Yes indeed we have our problems, but not insurmountable.

Beunas noches.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Jet

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I’m surprised they called berg. It was clearly a penalty but with the score and The time I thought they’d let it go.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Not to diminish some valid angst here, but if at the start of the season someone told me the Jets would be 1st in the central based on points percentage going into the ASG, I would have been pretty happy. We know what we need to work on.
Yup it's been a great season so far, for the most part the defeated feeling tonight is losing to those A holes again and having half the arena rub it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad