Post-Game Talk: Laffs 4- Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHead

Defence? We don't need no stinking defence!
Mar 15, 2018
Winnipeg
I don't really watch post game stuff, does the media ever call out the power play?

If they don't, they need to grow a pair.
They do. Usually pretty passive and always excuses from Bones and players….

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
How do you want them to call it out? They ask about it in a professional way, unless you want them to say "Boy that Powerplay really sucks doesn't it Rick?"

I would just want them to push back more I guess. I'm sure Bones would give a standard "We're working on it" response.

Not a big deal, was just curious.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
And no matter how well he plays somebody will always criticize him. I didn't see the first 2 periods, in the 3rd he was the only one giving us hope. His underlying numbers were 2nd/3rd best among forwards, depending on what you go by.
Underlying numbers don’t mean much when the whole team is rubbish. Only time team almost scored is when perfetti missed an open net.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Where is this “overwhelming Canadian hockey media” I keep hearing about? How are the Jets not questioned every opportunity about the PP?

Reactions: TheHead

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I mean, how much evidence do you need that when ever scheifele goes down we can't score a goal
That might be how it is but doesn't mean it makes sense -
We were getting scoring up and down our lineup - and now we are not -
Is that because we lost our #1 C or could there be other factors.

It's fairly easy to point out the obvious - we are not scoring with 55 out.
But it really doesn't make much sense when you dig a little deeper -
Our shooting is really bad, our finish around the net just as bad, and as you have pointed out already, we are getting chances.
Our depth scoring has dried up as well - and so has our ability to defend and manage chances against.
So what does 55 have to do with those missed opportunities by guys that are now not able to finish, but could before?

Jets are in a rut right now - and they are losing their grasp on what has made them successful this season - hard work, creating turnovers, and creating chances off those turnovers.
I think they get it back after the break (or at least I hope they do) but I don't blame our current game on the loss of one player - he's super important but he shouldn't be impacting the play of every player out there.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Us in the off-season: This team can't play Jets hockey consistently until we get rid of Scheifele.

Us now: This team can't play Jets hockey without Scheifele.

Sometimes you just have to laugh.
I was on the antischeif team and yes I am laughing haha

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Game was frustrating in many ways, PP stinks, PK stinks a little bit less but still stinks, they find ways to not score in prime opportunities, the slash call on Samberg was ridiculous but so was the no goal call to be fair so whatever.

Team needs a long break to reset.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Hate to say it, but as long as I keep finding people to pay me $400 for upper deck seats, I won't be at any Leafs / Jets games.

Shit games happen... we had our chances but just didn't finish.. Oh well..

And that penalty for the broken stick.... the ref should be banned from hockey.

This game or all the games up to this game don't really matter to me.. Sure it's great to be at the top of the league and all, but it's what happens after the ASB that matters. In a week the real season and push starts.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
That's fair. I should have just said the media in general opposed to post game specifically.

There are articles about it for sure, Murat writes about the special teams issues, I don't think McIntyre or Billeck or Hamilton have the background to really dig into it being bad, and Friesen is too busy digging up dirt to actually pay attention to the games. It's a topic on WST a lot.

There's only so much you can really say about it in print though.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If the whole team is rubbish, why is he your target?
Just because no one will admit the whole team was rubbish and ppl come in to cheerlead Ehlers more than any other player. I don’t think I’m calling him out I think he is one of our better players. I thought I was calling out ppl who don’t think he can be bad like rest.

Last edited:

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Game was frustrating in many ways, PP stinks, PK stinks a little bit less but still stinks, they find ways to not score in prime opportunities, the slash call on Samberg was ridiculous but so was the no goal call to be fair so whatever.

Team needs a long break to reset.

Our PK sucks because other teams’ shots actually hit the net. How many of our shots there just soared wide?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
You want a D man to man the point will a hard accurate clapper pry Vince Dunn out of Seattle. 7.3M is alot of money that the Jets can't fit into the Cap as is. It also makes him payed better than Joshua so forget i said anything :DD

Reactions: kanadalainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad